1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League Transfer News/Gossip

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by whiffletree, Apr 19, 2013.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Kuyt is 32. Are we going for the oldest team ever? Also with his history of non stop running his legs will run out of steam at some stage.

Not the quickest either.

2. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

I'd love us to sign Kuyt.

Right or up top he's pl quality even if only for 2 years. No fear about a lack of effort or him coming for the wrong reasons. You'll get 100% off him every week.

3. Stevoldinho

4. DerekTheMole

DerekTheMole Well-Known Member

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

There'll be the need for a bit of PL know how in the team so it's all well and good looking at youngsters but we need the right blend.

I can imagine MM doing the same as he did last year. A few players that have been there and done that, and a couple lower profile players with potential. Add to that the younger players we already have that now have another year of experience under their belt and we'll be there or there abouts for a team ready to fight for survival.

MM will have a plan and if it as robust as this year's, we'll be ok.

No one can sign officially until June but I'm sure there will be announcements before that. A couple of clubs need to sort where their future lies both domestically and abroad but I'm sure discussions will have started on a number of fronts.

It would be good to get at least some of the new signings in before the Malaysian trip and certainly before the training camp in Switzerland (I think that's where we went last year).

6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I certainly think you're right about getting the right blend there remote.<ok>

I've no doubt Malky will use common sense and sign players to keep us in the Premier, not try to win it.

We've got no chance of staying there with a crop of "potential" youngsters and loanees - we need experience and "done it before" type of players to blend with the youth and enthusiasm of wannabes.

Players like some of those already mentioned, Charlie Adam, Kuyt, and even Kimbo's international buddy, Park Ji-Sung who still has a good engine at 32 will be needed.

Stick those types in with what we've already got and maybe a couple of surprises from abroad, and we'll be OK.

7. Goodbyen0t606

Goodbyen0t606 Active Member

Kuyt...sigh...Got let go because he was not making an impact at the highest level anymore. At 32 he will command a salary that is not worth paying because of what he has done, not what he will do.

At least he is a better choice than Neville, but a waste of money as Fernabache have him on a 3 year deal and would want to get a tidy profit from him.

I hope we don't end up with 4 or 5 guys who can't run anymore and we spend the whole 90 minutes sitting in our box. Adam brings a super creative pass and free kicks. Park would bring pace and skill.. Kuyt brings experience and....experience....not much else...he was playing 20 minute games near the end at Liverpool because he couldn't keep up for 90 minutes.

8. Goodbyen0t606

Sorry. Multiple post.

9. Goodbyen0t606

Multiple post

10. ccfcremotesupport

OK siam, got the message the first time.

It's back to getting the spine of the team right. I think we have a keeper to do a job, but another experienced CB wouldn't go amiss. Put an experienced centre mid alongside Bellamy and an experienced striker (with more about him than HH) and fit the rest around them.

Still think we need two fullbacks though.

I suppose the balance is a bit like this board Sparkey. A few experienced old heads like yourself and a few youngsters like.....

....erm....

together with a few other old heads like me and DJ and youngsters like.......um....oh....

and a bit more experience like sussex, hilts and siam....

oh, I admit it, we're just all old farts on here!

11. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Don't worry I'm young enough to bring the average age down by a bit.....

12. ccfcremotesupport

Given the number of old gits on here, an embryo would only reduce the average age by a few days! <laugh>

Ah well, at least I'm still in my forties, though by the end of our next season I won't be. <yikes>

13. Stevoldinho

Disagree. Kuyts LFC career was ended because 'king' Kenny had spent stupid money on poor players and was trying to justify those transfers. Henderson played right side in front of him ffs. He might not have been the standard to move LFC forward but that doesn't mean he's not plenty good enough for us right now.

It's not a transfer that's going to happen anyway.

Does a 35 yr old help the average age on here?

14. Goodbyen0t606

Steve,

Fair enough mate. I admit I wouldn't be terribly upset if we did sign Kuyt. Just don't think he does much for us. As you say, it isn't going to happen anyway :)

15. Goodbyen0t606

Steve,

Fair enough mate. I admit I wouldn't be terribly upset if we did sign Kuyt. Just don't think he does much for us. As you say, it isn't going to happen anyway :)

16. BluefromBridgend

Having seen Eagles yesterday he would be a good addition. I know he has said no but he has to say that while Bolton have a chance with the play offs. Would his view change if a Prem club then came calling.

I would prefer him to Sinclair and not just for obvious reasons - once a Jack always.............

17. BluefromBridgend

Daily Mail says we are after Matt Phillips from Blackpool for £3m.

Not sure about him now as he didn't exactly set the world alight in the second half of the season. Season total of 28 appearances and only 3 goals.

Is his star waneing?

18. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Help !! you're still ****ting yellow.

19. Xsnaggle

Xsnaggle Member

I think we should remember how many times MM bought a youngster and said, "This is one's for the future"? Well the future is 4 months away and closing fast at about warp factor 7.

I trhink soe of our youngster will revel in the premier league. They are yong and have it all in front of them. to them it will be a platform fo their own understanding of their abilities. And I hope and believe that at least some of them will deliver.
    Also I think you will see some surprising signings from outside UK, just as Kim was. There are lots of top players in the world who would pay to play in the Premier league because within the professional footballing world, it is THE place to be. Any player getting into a Premier team has 'arrived'. Even if he uses a lower team (In this case us) as a platform to showcase his ability.
    None of the players in this category would be overpaid or content to be in a losing team, they want to be winners for their own self advancement and to prove it to their fellow players
    I think we are in for some surprises, lots of raised eyebrows, and eventually the acknowledgement once again that Malky knows better than us.

20. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

According to the SUN (I know) yesterday, we've prepared a £3.0m bid for Kenwynne Jones