1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League Transfer News/Gossip

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by whiffletree, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Sam Byram looks quality for Leeeds. Charlie Austin as the big centre forward, probably looking to leave Burnely after a poor season.

2. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

likely targets:

i would take jones, phillips and sinclair out of those. williams would be outrageously overpriced so a no go. jones would come on big wages but could do well for us if he gets his head down and works a bit harder than he usually does. sinclair has decided to go for money over playing week in week out, and bigger clubs than us would take him, good player but we'd need £7m + which is 1/3rd of the transfer kitty....

Possibles:

out of those i could only see a small chance of either park or bent. both would be on £70k / week plus so even then highly unlikely. the others i dont see either value or quality in.

Highly unlikely:

out of those if we stumped up serious money carroll, but even so, bigger clubs would take him and would cost a minimum of £10m, so a no go.

obviously its pure speculation with not an ounce of truth, so heres to another 4 months of this sort of stuff........<cheers>

3. The Exile

The Exile Member

I hope not. Haven't been impressed with him lately, he was too keen to get away from Cardiff, now he wants to come back because we're in the Prem.

He can stay in Scotland. (Even that's too close)

4. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

**** me, i wouldnt pay £300k for ledley let alone £3m.

some people need to move on, matthews, chopra, bothroyd etc are history, and none are good enough........

5. GLAMorgan

GLAMorgan Active Member

I'd take Williams and I'd spend a lot of money on him as well. I think this boy is the ****ing business. Robson Kanu as well. This is not Welsh sentiment by the way, but I do rate them. Other than that, I like the idea of bringing in Neville for a year. Sinclair too would be a good purchase. But I'm still convinced that we're looking abroad.

6. Goodbyen0t606

Goodbyen0t606 Active Member

Everton are moving Neville on because he can't cut it anymore. They are saying he has no speed left. I see no reason to bring in a guy who can't run. It means we would be sitting back all the time soaking up pressure. If we want to survive, we will need players who can defend and be able to get forward. There are many many better fits for Cardiff than Neville.

As Glam said, we will be bringing in players from abroad. Malky has a certain style of player he likes, and I think we will end up with some younger dynamic players who show they have some heart. I would be pretty disappointed to bring in somebody over 32 let alone 36!

Mind you, if we seriously sign Ledley than we are having a laugh.

But yeah, 4 months more of this :)

7. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

At least we know we are up so MM can rip up the 'staying in the championship' list. He can also start executing on his A list with a couple weeks of the season to go and a month ahead of whoever comes up through the playoffs.

I wonder who will be the first new player pictured with the famous blue........errrr.......red shirt.

8. Goodbyen0t606

Goodbyen0t606 Active Member

9. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Don't want Neville at all.

Matt Phillips is pl quality and probably better value than Sinclair though obviously not proven at this level.

Park is an interesting one, he's failed a bit at QPR (injured) but we'd have some serious running with him and kimbo. Too similar perhaps but think of the TV exposure with both of them playing for them same PL side.

Haven't seen a realistic striker linked yet that I'd like us to sign.

Ramsey is the only ex player I'd like to see back and that's not going to happen.

10. You just need to put [url.] before the link and [/url.] afterwards <ok>

(minus the fullstops)

11. Goodland

Goodland Member

Strikers it could be possible to get in Prem:
    Holt/Becchio from Norwich.
    Zamora & mackie from QPR?
    Le Fondre from Reading
    Carlton Cole from West Ham
    Kone from Wigan.

Midfield:
    Granero, Park or Hoilet from QPR?
    Robson-Kanu from Reading.

Defenders:
    Mariappa, Gunter from Reading
    Figuero or Scharner from Wigan.

Would it be worth looking out for young players stuck at big clubs, not getting games - like West Brom did with Lukaku -

so, what about:
    Jack Rodwell at Man City?
    or Chris Powell at Man Utd?

From the championship, maybe Tom Ince? Craig Mackail-Smith? Will Hughes from Derby? Tom Lees from Leeds? Glen Murray from from Crystal Palace? Liam Trotter from Millwall? DJ Campbell from Blackburn? Charlie Austin?

12. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Nobody had mentioned Alan Tate yet! Error? :emoticon-0103-cool:

13. UniBrumBluebird

I think we should probably go for Messi, Tevez and maybe Ronaldo- though I'm not sure how well they will fit into our system so we should probably try to turn down their evident interest.

Seriously though - not a clue

14. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

We need :-

2 x RB
    1 x LB
    1 x CB
    2 x CM
    1 x WI
    1 x ST

a lot of players to get with 25mil

15. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Said it before, we shouldn't be shopping at the relegated clubs.

16. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

£25m doesnt actually go that far when you think about it...........8 players minimum we'll need, and prices are ridiculous, i get nervous when we spend £2m on someone ffs......<laugh>

we'll be needing a good striker, but as we all know, unless you are willing to spend big, they are hard to get, the spine of the team is pretty decent but we need 2-3 wingers, players like smith and cowie have done well but are not PL standard in the cold light of day. neither are conway and noone realistically.

17. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

Totally agree Swamp! And neither is Connolly a suitable cover for right back too slow and most wingers in the prem will lick there lips! 2 RBs a defo

5 quality players with 3/4 decent signings as cover

18. Stevoldinho

Seen it mentioned elsewhere on here but I'd be surprised by more than 4 maybe 5 players coming in.

19. jck200

jck200 Well-Known Member

We can`t dump players who got us promoted without giving them a chance.

I don`t think we are that far short with Kim shining and Frazier and Maynard to come in. Gestede could mature into a good target man then there is Mason.

I like Barnett and we have Hudson to come in. Marshall will do fine.

We should try out the others and see if they can raise their game before replacing them.

Obviously some will not be good enough and others will suffer if we bring in better players. I think we can show some loyalty for the first few games considering what the squad has achieved.

jck

20. Stevoldinho

Agreed jck. QPR show what can happen if you replace everyone with supposedly better players.