1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League to resume season at start of May?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Baldrick's Cunning Plan, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

****ing hell we getting classy??

dennisboothstash likes this.
  2. pcworks

pcworks Well-Known Member

This situation is tricky and politics will come into play, if EFL leaked the letter, then we can see their standpoint and the direction of travel that they want to move in. I can see this getting messy and I suspect the phones of a certain Hull law form will have been ringing this morning. I don't think Ehab is alone in wanting the season ending now, I suspect Middlesborough, Wigan, Huddersfield and Stoke's owners would be more than happy to end the season now and are well pleased that Ehab has sent his email in.

Howden Tigress and balkan tiger like this.
  3. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

Ehab is not so much concerned with health as stopping relegation
    Another way of proceeding with the season would be to isolate the players at training grounds and to stop the players going crazy have a busier timetable.
    All along I have been thinking that the best way to proceed was to wait until it is relatively safe and then finish the season. Even if it mean that a season (2020-2021) was lost. If FIFA became involved they could overcome the expired contracts situation.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Six positive tests from the 748 Premier League players and club staff tested for Covid-19 on Sunday and Monday. Those testing positive were from three clubs. "Players or club staff who have tested positive will now self-isolate for a period of seven days," PL says.

5. pcworks

For EFL games there will have to be more tests due to more teams taking part. I am sure each team will have a permitted number of tests based on squad, coaches, medical team, analysts etc.

6. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

"On Monday, the Premier League's medical adviser Mark Gillett said that discussions will take place in the coming weeks over whether clubs would have to isolate in a hotel for 14 days before play resumes."

7. pcworks

Looks like Ehab has been talking to Yorkshire Post again. Note, he is against extending contracts.

Hull City unhappy at leaked email calling for Championship to be abandoned
    Hull City have said discussions about restarting the Championship season must remain private after their email calling on the Football League to void the season was leaked.
    By Stuart Rayner
    Tuesday, 19th May 2020, 5:00 pm
    Updated 8 minutes ago

please log in to view this image

Hull City manager Grant McCann. Copyright: PA Wire
    The Tigers insist their primary concern is for the health and safety of players and staff, but any stance taken by a club at the moment will be viewed through the prism of how it affects their chances of promotion or relegation. Despite coach Grant McCann saying he is confident of turning Hull’s fortunes around if matches resume, they are in serious danger of going down.

Today the Football League board will discuss returning to training in small groups on Monday. But Hull vice-chairman Ehab Allam emailed League chairman Rick Parry and the Championship’s other 23 teams to call for the season to be abandoned without promotion or relegation.

“I do not presently believe that the 2019-20 season can be safely completed without unnecessarily exposing Championship clubs to potential legal action in the event that one or more of its employees (or their family members) were to become infected with Covid-19,” he wrote.

“My position remains that the season should be voided and this means of drawing a conclusion to the 2019-20 season being put to a formal vote.”

Allam also warned the Tigers would vote against proposals allowing contracts due to expire on June 30 to be extended. Hull have 11 players in that position.

“We are disappointed that a letter which was intended to remain private between the EFL and other Championship clubs has been leaked,” they said. “Each club will, quite understandably, have their own view on how and when to return and we fully respect that.

“The privacy of discussions between member clubs and the league is paramount to ensuring honest and open debate.”

Hull are two points above the relegation zone with nine games left, having not won in the league since New Year’s Day. The day after the suspension of matches they were due to host Charlton Athletic, who knew victory would lift them out of the relegation zone, dropping the Tigers into it.

Hull had nine players injured for their last game, a 5-1 defeat at Stoke City, with some not expected to play again this season. They also sold top goalscorers Jared Bowen and Kamil Grosicki on deadline day.

Now, McCann says he will be “much more confident” if his team takes to the field again.

“To lose three or four big players out of your team in the Championship is huge,” he said. “We lost 10, it was a complete disaster. If you want to add losing Jarrod Bowen and Kamil Grosicki, it took its toll on the whole group.

“If we do start again I’d feel a lot more confident and comfortable knowing we’ve got some of our big players back.”

8. HullPhil

HullPhil Well-Known Member

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

He's obviously not counting the loan players in that, or it would be 16.

10. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Evington likes this.

11. City Man

Ehab is right.

Void the season.

All teams to start the new season in the same divisions.

End of chat.

TreeHugger and tigermaul like this.
  12. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Have to say I'll piss myself laughing if TWS have to start the season all over again - they're never going up - arf

tigermaul likes this.
  13. City Man

Since when did games, seasons, leagues and cups get decided on 'probably'?

Answer: never

tigermaul likes this.
  14. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

This is just plain embarrassing, that's all. He may have a **** load of money, but he's a very poor man.

15. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Leeds is nowhere near my first thought.
    It’s not like you’re a Sheff Utd is it.

Not sure why you think we’re about to implode, but coming on here at all highlights why most football fans would have a chuckle if you stayed down and why I think inadequates in our area who started ‘supporting’ Leeds back in the day when they had a good team and a large fan base, and now have to continue the pretence, ought to be roundly mocked

16. City Man

There's a real danger that the PL title will be given to LFC because 'it's 30 years since they last won it' and they are over represented in media punditry.

Ditto the vermin: the PL would like to see them back for $ reasons.so there is pressure being exerted to engineer a precedent.

Football's integrity as a sport is under scrutiny, as money talks louder than established rules and regulations.

17. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

They've been living in our shadow for nigh on 20 years, so I can understand why they are getting quite excited now that they can glimpse the promised land.

I think that collectively for Leeds fans a little bit of wee probably just came out at the prospect that the season might start up again.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Eaves doesn't seem keen...

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

They'll win it this season because they're miles better than everyone else.

20. City Man

When will they win it?