1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League Thread 2015-16

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintsfcfan, Aug 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Me too :D

2. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Long may it continue. I must be honest and say I thought Ranieri was a poor appointment and that you'd struggle. Man, was I ever wrong! And very happy to be so.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  3. Jack Lesterfan

Don't worry, you weren't the only one!

Most fans and pundits seriously doubted the appointment.

I'll also admit that most of us Leicester fans weren't overly optimistic... But nobody could have ever expected this!

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Klopp hopes Coutinho isn't badly hurt. Saints fans have hope too...may not be the same one:rolleyes:

5. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Coquelin out for 3 months.

6. AL.

AL. Well-Known Member

Spurs 3 up vs West Ham. And they are looking very good. Admittedly, West Ham's defence looks all over the place, but they've been impressive.

7. AL.

AL. Well-Known Member

It's a good job they have lots of DMs in their squad though.....

8. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Now where is that Frenchman they didn't want to pay 25m for.....?

9. AL.

AL. Well-Known Member

4-0 Spurs. West Ham players haven't left the coach.

10. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm listening to 606 from Saturday and I've been justified in why I'm keen for Leicester to slide down the table. Leicester fan: "It's clear we're going to make top 4". No it isn't mate.

11. Libby

Libby 9-0

Easy to say that now when this time last year there was plenty of Saints fans saying the same thing, and if you dared to suggest it was extremely unlikely (such as I did) you were shot down as being too negative! <laugh>

Always cracks me up the people who dismiss teams like Leicester & Stoke as **** and below us are the same ones who get arsey when a bigger club does the exact same to us. <doh>

12. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Very true...though I don't think Leicester will make top 4 as (like us last season) they are a couple of injuries from a slide. However I can see 5-7. You are quite right about how gung ho we were last season.

13. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah I agree I don't think they'll be top 4. The goals will dry up at some point when injuries kick in n they'll struggle. I'll be suprised if they're still up there in January as we were as that was mainly down to our defence. Whereas they've already conceded 20 goals. For comparison this time last year they had conceded 21 and we're bottom instead of top! and he had only conceded 9.

I'd love to be proven wrong though and I think they're certainties for top 8.

14. Jack Lesterfan

Please don't take the views of one Leicester fan on the radio, and assume we all think the same <doh>

Of course the radio just take calls from people with extreme views... It wouldn't be interesting if a 'normal' Leicester fan rung up and said "yeh we'll slide down the table, will be happy with a mid-table finish still"

That is the current thinking of most of us (on here, at least)... Unbelievable start, but talk of European football is still miles away... Even we've been here before, we were top 4 in 2000/01 until January/February... Lost 8 games in a row and finished 13th <doh>
    We know to not get too carried away!!!

fatletiss likes this.
  15. fatletiss

Ride the horse boys until it throws you off. Enjoy that ride and you never know, it might not throw you far.

16. fatletiss

Black and white Tom? They're not all like that. If you judges Saints fans by those who call in to Radio shows, you'd despair.

17. Libby

Libby 9-0

The funny thing is Tom was one of those last season who was convinced that we'd get top 4 <laugh>

18. fatletiss

I'm Natalie Imbruglia'd over Leicester this season. I really would like to see them right up there, but if you don't then please slide far enough to be below us :)

I see similarities between the clubs.

19. Libby

Libby 9-0

Agree with this, I really want them to do well as I said over on their board, I think one of the smaller clubs, Whether it be us, Leicester etc. breaking the top 4 would be the best thing to happen to English football in a long time. But if/when they do start to slide I'll see them as a team we'll be vying for position with. For now I'll just hope they can trounce United again <laugh>

20. Tintin

Tintin Well-Known Member

The longer Leicester can survive in the top three the longer the better. It will all boil down to injuries and Vardy. If they can avoid injuries and Vardy keeps scoring then anything is possible. Really they need to be top three at the half way stage to have a realistic chance of finishing top four. Based on last season they are unlikely to fall away towards the back end of the season. I don't really know what to make of it. As long as you have a striker scoring every single game for you you are going to be very very difficult to beat.

Really teams need to wake up and adjust their game plan. They only average 45% of the ball. Teams need to be more patient against them and keep an anchor DM at all times. Focusing more on stopping Vardy and Mahrez, as no one else has more than two goals for them. But it remains to be seen if Leicester can keep winning if teams start to show them much more respect. We've always tended to struggle against teams showing us lots of respect and being organised. Chelsea showed us no respect and got torn to shreds on the counter. When teams start showing up to play Leicester thinking that they will be happy with a point, it might be when Leicester start losing their way.

Atletico Madrid managed to win La Liga, a more possession based league, with 49% of the ball in 2013/14. I really hope Leicester can do something special this season, although it is very unlikely they will finish top three.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.