1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League Thread 2015-16

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintsfcfan, Aug 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelletron

Pelletron Well-Known Member

I'm surprised by that, SS.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Did Costa get retrospectively banned for his kick out at Skrtel?

3. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

No it's perfectly acceptable to kick a Liverpool player :D

4. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Whilst I get the joke, and I would definitely appreciate his hair [was career in my original post], I'd be obliged if people didn't alter my words in quotes to mean something I didn't intend. Ta.

5. Pelletron

Filed for future reference. Apologies. I did suspect you'd be 50-50 on one of the popular pastimes on here. I have changed it back to its original meaning.
    Of course - separate from your main objection - never having seen you, comment was not based on any knowledge of any particular follicular abundance or scarcity. Was assuming no one would want his hair.

6. TheSecondStain

No problem Pelletron. Quote changing is a practice I do frown upon if it is to change the meaning of an opinion [nothing wrong with correcting spelling mistakes or such] even as a joke, I'm afraid, and I'm not entirely sure it isn't against forum rules, in any case. I'll have to look them up for future reference.

There was a time when I would have not enjoyed Savage's head of hair, because my own was so good, but these days that's not the case. Yep, I'm decidely follicly challenged..! :)

7. Pelletron

Think it's all the motorbike talk - had you down as a longhair.

8. TheSecondStain

I wish.! :)

The best I can manage these days is to shave everything off the head, excluding eyebrows, of course. A Rambler friend [who is now obviously my best after her comment] honestly reckoned I was 40 [I'm 57]. This occurred in response to me shaving the lot off.

9. Pelletron

Get in there! :emoticon-0135-makeu

10. TheSecondStain

No go. She's several years older than me and married. And her partner is a Rambler too, and a lovely bloke. :)

It's not all empty territory though. <badger>

11. Pelletron

Ah, she had the safety catch on then.
    Hope to become a regular rambler one day. It's the pubs that draw me.

12. TheSecondStain

Yeah, we have quite a few in the Southampton bunch who walk for various reasons. You can split them down into various categories.

1] The Committed Rambler: Wears exactly the right clothing for every situation, even walking spats, and almost certainly has a dedicated GPS too, though some frown on that and carry proper Walkers OS maps. Takes to each route with a passion and probably wishes they were part of the renowned 1930's 'Mass Trespass' Ramblers who eventually got the law of the land changed. Knows every route in the UK like the back of their hand. Fair play. Never would step inside a pub as that's not what Rambling is for. Talks only of walking here or there. Generally behave quite elderly even if they are young.

2] The Enthusiastic Rambler: Possibly indistinguishable from the above to the outsider but has an actual sense of humour and may have a smartphone with GPS rather than the dedicated one. Knows their own routes like it's their back garden. Knows what the inside of a pub looks like, but only has a half or a coffee. Knows a story or two. Good Egg usually. All ages here.

3] The Keen Rambler: Doesn't have all the right gear because they have other lives and realise that you don't have to have much more than a decent pair of boots, even wellies, if you don't mind. Generally has a great sense of humour and loves a pint. And the blokes are the same. A fund of good stories and jokes to be found on this lot. All ages here

4] The Occasional Rambler: Goes along for the walk just to get into the pub afterwards and not feel too guilty about downing a few. Some of the loudest, most enthusiastic Ramblers come from this group because they realise that they are amongst the largest group overall as it includes categories 2 and 3 as well. All ages, but probably towards the younger.

5] The Newbie Rambler: All ages. The ones who go along thinking oo-er Ramblers, I bet they're a serious bunch, but at least they like to walk, even though I expect they'll be too fast for me. These either become confirmed enthusiastic Ramblers eventually or they fall away because something has bothered them. Either the established Ramblers are too friendly or probably drink too much. Rarely are Ramblers too serious or afraid of a pub, unless you're unlucky to join a walk where there are too many from category 1. That's unlikely these days. It would put me off too, tbh. :)

Been dying to explain our lot.

Forgot to mention and this is extremely significant - all Southampton Rambler walks finish within sight of a pub that will eventually be invaded once everyone gets their gear off. Most of the time afterwards, groups split off to carry on into the evening and/or go for pub/restaurant meals. No strangers to the plate and glass this lot.! :)

Pelletron and Saint Helen like this.
  13. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

For those who haven't seen it.....funny

Osvaldorama likes this.
  14. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

Fantastic, I hate savage. Terry is ten times the player savage could even dream of being.

15. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

I like Robbie. :(

TheSecondStain and tomw24 like this.
  16. SouthamptonFCroatia

SouthamptonFCroatia Well-Known Member

Is it time that some pundit criticises Rooney already? He's playing at a championship level since the start of the season (or even calendar year, one might argue).

17. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Just broke Laws record, bet they talk about that instead.

18. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Same.

TheSecondStain likes this.
  19. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

I think The mans a clown. The least insightful pundit going and that takes some doing! Plus I just hate his voice.

Also Rooney was very good tonight and scored the winning goal - not sure a championship striker would be able to do that against Cska... (Unless it was Rickie Lambert from two years ago)

20. Island Saint

Island Saint Well-Known Member

Very much divided on Savage - think he's a blinkered buffoon in a lot of what he says. On the other hand he gave me a shout out as a designated driver on way back from Wigan a couple of seasons ago when making way back to the Isle of Wight after Jay Rod came of age - via Sheffield, Nottingham and Reading (delivering my kids to their respective homes). What a performance J-Rod gave that day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.