1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League season, 2021 / 2022

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, May 7, 2021.

1. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Farke is a young head coach and is developing as much as our players. I have some sympathy with those that say he's out of hi depth at PL level. Lets say we stick with him and we go down. We would be entering the Championship with a head coach that has a proven record of getting teams out of the Championship and 2 years of development as a PL manager.

Say we sack him. Who realistically are we going to get in who is an experienced PL manager who would have a better chance of keeping us in the PL or getting us out of the Championship if we go down. And that's even before we take into account the style of football we want to play.

So for me I can't see any better realistic option than to keep DF for a least the remainder of this season and the next.

It's ridiculous to decide that Farke should go without having a realistic better option than the status quo. Farke will be a top manager, if anything he risked being held back and damage to his reputation by signing a new contract with us.

It's all very well fans throwing their toys out of their prams. But what is the alternative.

Farked19 likes this.
  2. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Changing managers mid season is a risk. As you say who could we realistically look at getting? Maybe Mark Robins, other than that it's a firefighting exercise. Fat Sam or Mick McCarthy....Lambert?

3. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Steve Bruce???

4. mike555

mike555 Well-Known Member

It's all very well fans throwing their toys out of their prams. But what is the alternative.[/QUOTE]

Who is throwing their toys out of their prams exactly. ?

5. mike555

"]Farke is a young head coach and is developing as much as our players. I have some sympathy with those that say he's out of hi depth at PL level. Lets say we stick with him and we go down. We would be entering the Championship with a head coach that has a proven record of getting teams out of the Championship and 2 years of development as a PL manager."

I think we both agree that Farke is top coach, but if players begin to lose confidence in him , what we think makes absolutely no difference whatsoever . He will be on his way.

6. mike555

"It's ridiculous to decide that Farke should go without having a realistic better option than the status quo. Farke will be a top manager, if anything he risked being held back and damage to his reputation by signing a new contract with us. "

I would be surprised if Mr Webber has not planned for every eventuality. As I mentioned previously it largely depends how much importance is attached to Premiership survival this season.

7. carrowcanario

Who is throwing their toys out of their prams exactly. ?[/QUOTE]

Just take a look at twitter or pink un board.

8. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

A few people online are bashing Webber, but for me the problem is not the recruitment. With the probable exception of Sargent, these all look like players who are at least good enough to play for a lower-half Premier team. But somehow we are not getting anywhere near 100% of their potential out of these new players. Gilmour is the perfect example. He looks superb for Scotland and mediocre (at best) for us. Likewise Normann - contrary to my original thoughts about him, there is potentially a swashbuckling midfielder in there, but he is not a DM, (lacks the personality and the discipline), although he would probably be very good alongside a Skipp-type DM. (Why don't we try Sorensen in that role - no one else seems remotely cut out for it - and if it doesn't work out, we can aim to get one in the January window?)

There is also the issue of the time needed to adjust to the Premier League, and I expect us to do much better in the second half of the season than the first. So the important thing is not to get too much adrift of Burnley, Leeds, Southampton, possibly Watford and Palace. I would have added Newcastle to that list for sure, but now they are going to spend 150m in the next transfer window and that will probably be enough for them to survive no matter how bad their first half of the season.

So I'm not blaming Webber and I am certainly not advocating that Farke goes, but we really need to pick up some points over the next few games or the whole situation will probably spiral out of control and we could possibly lose both.

DUNCAN DONUTS and DHCanary like this.
  9. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Of the teams promoted along with us we are by far the worst performing side. Brentford are going along nicely with Watford doing enough to be out of bottom three, with 3 wins. What are they doing that we are not? Surely this is not all to do with the strength of the teams we have played this far?

10. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

I've spent the evening on various websites and sadly I think Farke is doomed. By a large margin the 'fans' seem to want him out. A few of them make reasoned and balanced arguments, but the majority are stupid, spoiled brats who think there's a magic fairy who will wave a wand and make them all happy again. It sickens me, to be honest. It is totally disloyal to a man who has done so much for us. If these fans are so unhappy with Farke after 9 games - 3 against possibly the three best club sides in the world at the moment - they might want to recall that Ipswich and ourselves finished on the same number of points in Farke's first season, and look at where the two clubs are now. I know things aren't going well, but if we ask the players to show some fight, so should we as fans. Yes, there may be a point where Farke should go because he can't take us any further, but if these morons start booing after five minutes on Sunday, they're actually helping to bring that about. They will take us back to mid-table Championship mediocrity, which is more than they deserve.

11. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

The starting eleven needs a massive shake up now. The old adage of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is true, but this team is broke and in need of major surgery. Another appropriate adage says "the defination of madness is repeatedly doing the same thing expecting a different outcome''. What has Sorensen done to be totally overlooked? He has never let us down when he has played, nor has Dowell.

SuffolkCanary likes this.
  12. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

13. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Difficult to know whether there is anything in this. Could be just an unknown Twitter source trying to make a name by linking Wolfsburg sacking their manager with Farke hoping for a scoop. If it's not true, everybody forgets about it. There's nothing on the Wolfsburg NewsNow site making this link so I'll wait and see on this one.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  14. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Connor Southwell has said there's no truth in it.

Would be one way to end things amicably.

zogean_king likes this.
  15. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

ie, they pay us compensation, not us pay DF.

16. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

It's just a rehash of a rumour from last spring.

17. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

zogean_king likes this.
  18. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

19. Essex Yellow

Essex Yellow Active Member

20. carrowcanario

Norwich City Annual Report 2020-21 Analysis | The Pink Un

zogean_king and RiverEndRick like this.