1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League Free Transfer List

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Lummiepie, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

2. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

How about Adriano Basso from wolves as a keeper?

Bit inaccurate that list, Scholes, Van der sar and Gary Neville all retired!

3. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

It is a list of players released by their clubs, and those boys are no longer under contract.

We have a similer chance of signing Scholes as we do of signing half the names on the list anyway...... none.

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Certainly some big names on the list. Whether any of them would even know where Bristol is, let alone considering playing for us for 50 quid a week and a free pork pie is another matter...!

5. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

Most importantly, there are a lot of players on this list who will probably be quite desperate to get back into football and would jump at the chance to play for a mid-table Championship team. If I were Millen I'd start waving cheap contracts towards the likes of Thomas Cruise. I think we may have a decent chance at some of the names on that list and it'd be stupid not to get in contact. One player who I'd love to see play for us is Jonathan Spector. It's a long shot, but on his day he is definitely a Premier League player and at this level I think he'd be the perfect answer to our midfield problems.

6. andyyandyy

andyyandyy Member

Forgetting big players like Upson and Woodgate. My first choice would be Andy Reid who was at Blackpool. Excellent creative central midfielder with a sweet left foot on him.

The other players that could be good squad players are:
    Mark Randall (Arsenal) Lee Bowyer, Kevin Phillips (Birmingham) Michael Potts (Blackburn) Michael Woods (Chelsea) Nikola Saric (Liverpool) Shaleum Logan (Man City) Bolo Zenden (Sunderland) Daniel De Ridder (Wigan) Jody Craddock, David Jones, Nathan Rooney (Wolves)

So there is plenty of talent not to spend too much money on players.

7. JamboBCFC

JamboBCFC Member

Depending on wages it'd be worth enquiring about the following...

Would be class if could get Andy Reid, James McFadden or Mark Randall to provide some creativity. Not even gonna mention players like Gera, wages would be massive. Jonathan Spector would be interesting but possibly too expensive...

Jlloyd Samuel for me as LB providing wages weren't stupid.

Ibrahima Sonko and Abdoulaye Meite would be very good CBs if were're trying to add another to the squad.

8. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Totally agree with your thoughts Jambo, especially the 2 centre halves - I would add Jones (Wolves) to that list in midfield
    Amazing how Giles Barnes' carrer has gone downhill - to be fair mainly due to injury

9. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

Was Giles Barnes ever any good? Championship manager led me to believe he would be a Steven Gerrard style super player.

He has never really achieved anything of note.

Sonko and Dave Jones look right up our street.

I think I heard Andy Reid was already looking at Forrest, but ever since he individually destroyed us at Ashton gate for Charlton I have thought him a player I would love to see.

10. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

problem with out of contract end of career players is the dedication and drive they may have left, age is of less importance to ending a career nowadays as the game and fitness has changed...get one with the will to to play and win rather than turn up for the money and yep I am all for it