1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

Only if YOU think city and arsenal are definitely beating us. Then its barely enough.

2. moreinjuredthanowen

on the bright side

Spurs are now in a tight spot in group D

Sporting, Marseille and Frankfurt i nthe group (a dolly) and they have only managed 4 points form 9 and are 2nd, level with frankfurt.

They are likely at that point to have to fight to matchday 6 to be sure to go through

chelsea are in a bind in their group as well. 1 point from 6 so far and 4th. milan, salzburg, and zagreb as opponents so they should come through but again some work to do.

Both of these teams are our direct rivals for 4th place. So its not awful. We deserved to lose that game v utd but we have now had 4 draws, poor draws fulham, brighton, palace, everton. we just need to be better defensively and the wins will come. the more pressure on the direct rivals for 4th the better.

3. saintKlopp

Rivals for 4th? Who have you got as stick-ons for 2nd and 3rd then?

4. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Arsenal and Brighton obviously

saintKlopp likes this.
  5. saintKlopp

Hmmm...

6. moreinjuredthanowen

arsenal for 2nd.

3rd..... well brighton innit. Seriously though 3rd and 4th are up for grabs out of a large set of teams who are all full of issues.

Spurs and cheslea are likely the biggest two rivals the others are brighton , man utd and us.

again 7 into 4 just won't go.

7. saintKlopp

So, a team that couldn't even scrape into the top 4 last time are dead certs for 2nd based on getting off to a good start?
    It could happen of course, but calling it a foregone conclusion is a bit wild.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

Well... the only evidence we have is what happening now and its pretty clear they're only 2 teams really competing for title and one of them is arsenal

Cheslea have had an absolute **** start and changed manager and scattergunned signings so are in chaos.

Spurs improved but not enough. They are not playing that well but get results.

City have haaland. The end.

9. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

Depends what parties you go to. You got to look for the upside down pineapples!

But.. yeah, way I see it, season is City's with a bright red bow tied around it. Arsenal look good for second.

I don't think Brighton will be top four. We see this every season an unexpected team near the top that will drop off after Xmas. They may well finish above us though.

Chelsea, Spurs, Untied... They'll all be stringing along as may a couple of others. I'm still sticking with my preseason prediction of fifth for us.

THE FOOL likes this.
  10. saintKlopp

Things change.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

That they do and arsenal have changed thus far.

The man utd result was old arsenal once goal 2 went in against them but they were clearly the better side against utd who caught them on the break. This is what we need to do.

12. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

There's nothing like stringing a few wins together to give a team belief and confidence. The opposite is also true. Let's see how Arsenal handle a few losses in a row. That's when you find out what a team is really made of.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  13. moreinjuredthanowen

well, really good teams don't allow losses in a row :)

they pick themselves up after a negative result and win the next 3 or 4.

arsenal lost to utd after being better side as utd were looking for counter. They went and beat zurich then had one suspended for that bear wrestler dying and then won v Brentford, and now spurs.

None are top top teams like city but they have done the job there to pick it back up.

Yes they might fall apart but imo it'll be through the lack of cover for the alleged rapist.

14. johnsonsbaby

They had the easiest start to the season and after us they play Leeds, Southampton and Forest. Should drop points against us and then back on to more easy challenges. I actually like Arsenal but everything so far has set them up for a good start. It's unlikely to continue.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

I dunno you are describing a half a season there.

If they draw v cheslea and us say... well that's heading on then for a very good first half.

16. johnsonsbaby

It's the results against the bigger clubs that are more telling. So far they've played 2 (if you count utd) and won 1 lost 1.

17. moreinjuredthanowen

Yet we've drawn 4 against bottom half sides so that put us way behind.

To win the league we need to win the games v lower half (60points) and then get at least 66% of points v top half (18x3x.66 = 35 points)

Step that back to 50% and you are still at 27 = 87 points.

Top half results will decide 2nd but the result v bottom half separates the also rans from top 4.

Our own top 6 mini league results is played 1 lost 1.

18. johnsonsbaby

Our results have been strange. I've seen it called both a hangover season and a transitional season. Each of those descriptions says something different. It will get better for us. As for other teams, I don't know other than there will be some surprises. Arsenal fans saying they will take city to the wire are being premature.

19. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

To me it's more transition than hangover but it might be a bit of both.

We've got a lot of younger players still improving and a lot of older players who are past their optimal peak and not many at their peak at the moment. We're trying to move on from relying on the old front three (one moved, one lost his mojo and one has been watching Cocoon and is spritely again after being previously written off)

In the next few windows we'll be redefining our midfield as well and moving on to the next gen there. I'm expecting/hoping this time next year our preferred starting XI will be quite different from our preferred starting XI 18 months ago.

Keeper will be the same. Defence will be similar, but midfield and forwards will probably be almost completely new compared to what it's been for several seasons now. It's another generation of the Liverpool team.

20. LuisDiazgamechanger