1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Arteta really needs a top 4 finish considering how well backed he has been .

2. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

May have to wait until next season for that......

3. Solid_Air 2

I think Chelsea will struggle this season and hopefully Utd will continue to be as bad as last weekend .

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  4. organic red

The fight for 3rd and 4th will be interesting,as it was last season.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  5. saintKlopp

He's up against it though.

6. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

100%. Spent most money in Europe since he took over arsenal. Don’t get CL again and some serious questions should be asked

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  7. Solid_Air 2

was funny when Arsenal went all Spursy to gift 4th to the actual Spurs <laugh>

organic red likes this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

they are much improved but tey are still going to be set up to exploit that pace.

Richarilson is never cover for kane and sons goals. many a manger has referred to his giant ego. Perisic is a good addtion for LWB and the young whotsit lad was indeed a fine addtion as a start. he has to keep going and i think is still just a loan?

the main thing here is this: pump 17+1+6 = 24 games through kane and then throw him into 90mins every game for england in the heat of qatar and bring straight back to england to restart i nthe cold on boxing day..... he's going to blow up.

Same story for son.

I am not disagreeing with you on 3rd but i'm just saying they could blow up here.

this is why i'm very happy to see thiago, salah, diaz, robbo and others not go to the ****ty world cup. they'll get a rest and another preseason in to be ready to go big time for us.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  9. moreinjuredthanowen

one thing on utd.... someone is breifing the press big time out of there and whoever this new DOF is should have every staff member in and be telling them, next stroy i'm picking one of you and firing you. i'll figure out who if i can but i'll fire someone irrespective.

Whoever has the loud mouth there is making their club look absolutely ridiculous.

10. Solid_Air 2

Kulewotsit was loan with option to buy which has been taken up .Perisic or Richarlison can cover for Son and Richarlison can do a job leading the line but more importantly they now have a squad instead of of some very good players and quite a lot of dross .I think you overplay the pace element as that is just Son when you get down to it though often fed by sublime passes from Kane .

PS very unfashionable to say this but i think Kane is if anything underated possibly because of England duty under Southgate

Bumps likes this.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

not thats fair to say about kane but the counter attack style is absolutely critical to them. I think they will be good for the short while conte stays before starting a fight but most importantly. he will break them financially. that debt is MASSIVE. levy has had to bend to keep conte and the debt isn't getting smaller as a result.

12. Solid_Air 2

as long as the debt costs are manageable the size of the debt is no big worry as the value of the club will have shot up following its completion and the fee paid for Chelsea .

13. moreinjuredthanowen

Well.... that's fine til the interest rates all rise (and are doing so) and all of that stuff. It's a monumental amount of debt verses the turnover of the club imo.

Cheslea backed off a stadium half that cost. Probably cos ra was told by putin he was going to invade all of Ukraine eventually.

interestingly they cancelled this in 2018 and as we now know Putin had started planning his war back then but covid delayed it.

IMO £852.6m on a club like spurs is absolutely huge.

14. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

I think that's a bit presumptuous that the top two is sorted. Given our midfield options, I don't think we're guaranteed a top two finish. Even if Thiago wasn't injured we're limited on quality there. We can't rely on long passes from the backline to the front line all season long.

15. organic red

Citeh and ourselves have been in our own league for the last 4 or 5 years,I don't see much to suggest that's going to change tbh.

16. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

I won't be surprised if we finish top two, but I wouldn't take it for granted. I think we could very well be in that same race for second through 6th if injuries are bad this year.

Don't want to read too much into Fulham result but I saw a lot of the same problems in that game that we seemed to have the tail end of last season.

17. saintKlopp

I'd be happy for us to have the same problems as the tail end of last season seeing as we won something like 15 and drew 2.

Nozzer likes this.
  18. moreinjuredthanowen

Tell you what I saw.

I saw a very similar game plan as Scott Parker applied against us for Fulham at the cottage in 20/21. They press up making us of the small pitch and applied pressure end we folded.

We then beats spurs then palace 7-0 and went on worst run in living memory after that.

There were issues that were writ large that came home to roost then.

We have a clear issue with getting a tast of our own medicine. We really don't like it and frankly our midfield doesn't off too many options but it also seems alien for our wingers to offer out ball down the channel.

It'll be interesting to see what we do with this as we've a few games before the window closes.

19. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

I don't like using the word "lucky" so let me grab a thesaurus.

We were "jammy?" to make it out with less scars. That was a lot of bad slow performances saved by the other teams' inability to put the ball in the net. That was very providential and serendipitous.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

Chelsea strike again.

After barca basically took who their know nothing new owner wanted now cheslea are just randomly bailing out barca either taking de jong and aubameyang off their hands.