1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

You could just have one thread per competition.

Still absolutely don't see why that's such a bad thing.

I can't beleive anyone goes back to the 5th league game of the season just to see who said what?

Liverpool premier league match thread
    Liverpool league cup
    Liverpool champions league 2022/23
    Liverpool fa cup.

4 threads, no muss no fuss.

All I see is whingers who have not the time or are not arsed to do it :bandit:

Zanjinho and RogerisontheHunt like this.
  2. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Weve had this discussion before. It keeps things easier to follow when there are games 3 days apart and people are talking about the game just gone while others are talking about the one coming up.

this way they can stay on their relevant thread so easier to read through. Merge them all into one and stuff gets awkward where on same
    page of a thread you have people talking about 2 diff games.

Zanjinho and organic red like this.
  3. moreinjuredthanowen

Seems to work just fine for all other games on the prem thread.

Why don't you do the match there's then?

4. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

nope this one is beyond me !

5. moreinjuredthanowen

Thread got autocorrected to there.

You've got one single thread for premier league, euro games etc for every other match we watch bar ours and nobody ever has an issue.

Imo if people insist there's a separate match thread for every lfc game then they should step up.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

It seems utd are willing to pretend their signing of ronaldo was not a terrible mistake by loanignthe failure out and no doubt pay a huge part of his undeserved wages

Nice.

He's been offering himself to every blog club in Europe and they all said no.

Atletico seems an odd destination but they do love a failure like greizmann etc

No doubt they think they can repeat the suarez trick.

7. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Read that Atletico want him but need to find a solution to griezman as he’s on loan for another year at which point they’re obliged to buy him for €40m.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

A complete flop to replace a complete flop. Both grossly over paid for their current levels.

I'd be focused on future starts not former starts if I were them.

But I suppose they have to compete for TV time somehow... maybe that's why?

9. moreinjuredthanowen

Premier League and EFL announce tougher measures on fan behaviour
    The FA, Premier League and EFL are together introducing new measures and stronger sanctions across the game to tackle the increased anti-social and criminal behaviours recently seen, including automatic club bans which could also be extended to accompanying parents or guardians.

The new set of actions, which will be implemented across all English football leagues from the start of season 2022-23 and backed by the Football Supporters’ Association, will target activity such as entering the pitch without permission, carrying or using smoke bombs or pyrotechnics and throwing objects - as well as drug use and discriminatory behaviour.

A joint statement reads: "These acts are dangerous, illegal and have severe consequences. They have no place in football, or anywhere.

"From the start of season 2022-23, all identified offenders will be reported by clubs to the police and prosecution could result in a permanent criminal record, which may affect their employment and education, and could result in a prison sentence.

"The FA will also be enforcing a tougher charging and sanctioning policy for clubs, which will reinforce these measures. Furthermore, anyone who enters the pitch and those identified carrying or using pyrotechnics or smoke bombs will now receive an automatic club ban. These bans could also be extended to accompanying parents or guardians of children who take part in these activities."

LFC be warned. pyro parties inside the ground will have to be resulting in bans as the FA will severely sanction "who they feel like"

Pitch invasions seen as the big issue but the susual stuff attached on.

players getting bottled and coined taking corners... oh no issue though.... seems the fa have continued thier fine tradition of talking out of both sides of their mouth at once.

please log in to view this image

clearly no issue here. no points deductions, no 5mil fine on club or whatever

please log in to view this image

this is fine though. pyro, keeper assaulted and pitch destroyed

upload_2022-7-25_13-55-58.jpeg
    this though is a clear fine and points deduction for LFC.

10. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Just Stop Oil protesters beware :emoticon-0126-nerd:

11. moreinjuredthanowen

we should glue them to ian rush as punishment.

After all, if they can glue themselves to boring old masters then turn about is fair play.

I wonder has anyone asked them if its "vegan" glue.

Honestly this kind of mindless vandalism will only lead to such works being behind glass panels so nobody can go look at them.

12. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Out of interest,do you consider the continuing use/abuse of fossil fuels to be mindless vandalism? <whistle>

13. moreinjuredthanowen

indeed.

one mindless vandalism does not excuse another.

its the moronic nature of the above that makes me laugh.

14. organic red

The way I see it,they are trying to wake people up to the fact we are in an enviromental catastrophe and immediate action is needed

15. johnsonsbaby

Whatever the rights or wrongs of the fossil fuel argument are, I don't like the fact that young people are living their lives scared and depressed over the issue. Remember the hole in the ozone layer and the extreme anxiety that was causing. I don't want to debate the issue because I'm not able to but seeing young people talking about the imminent end of the world makes me very sad

16. organic red

It is very sad jb,we have poisoned a paradise and mother nature will do the neccessary to correct the problem.

17. johnsonsbaby

Indeed.

18. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Thing is they don’t get the public on board. Go back to the people that protested on m25. All they did was piss off 100,000s of people who were trying to get to work and their actual message was just totally lost by the anger it was causing.

Most peoples carbon footprint is tiny when you compare it to businesses. Doing things that target and raise awareness to the generally
    public doesnt really do much. Might make a few more people recycle, not buy stuff in plastic but in the grand scheme is doesn’t really make an awful lot of difference.

19. moreinjuredthanowen

The way I see it is the people who they need to wake up won't listen to that sort of stuff, and not to blocking roads either.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

Exactly.

The only way to solve single use plastics is to change the law so it can't be used. Bashing people who need washing up liquid over the head about bottles it comes in is stupid.

Change the law and make it a block of solid stuff in a paper wrap people can then slice a bit off and dissolve. Just as an example.

There's going to be 8billion consumers all consuming single use disposable economy to feed the profit machines of capitalism.

One person makes no difference but 5billion do.

Change the law. You cant beg people to change at their own cost while enabling the waste at the other end of the supply chain