1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

They have what 170odd or so?

Boost that to 350 quick and it opens the scope massively imo.

City are at 550mil.
    Psg 540mil.

The other one is funneling all other staff through a different company that's quite the dodge city managed

2. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Arsenal one up.........they will be a point behind MU with a win <whistle>

3. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

as Everton have found it isn't that simple as just put a bit extra on sponsorship etc as it has to be in the bounds of reality though in NUFC it will depend to some extent on which way Ashley was using the cross fertilisation between NUFC and Sports Direct as if he put an artificially low book amount on SD sponsorship a very large increase in sponsorship would be possible .

Tobes likes this.
  4. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Amazing what buying another striker can do to a striker
    Go on Benteke
    Great strike :)

5. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Might need to beat them to get above them :)

6. moreinjuredthanowen

But Everton's owners are not an oil state so they cant just magic ongoing 300mil of cash from nowhere

But the Saudis can advertise building contractors or Aramco or whoever they tell to lob 50mil here or there.

7. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Interesting bit of news - at today's emergency meeting of all 20 PL clubs, legislation was voted through designed to "prevent the Saudi owners from striking lucrative sponsorship deals." Newcastle said the rule change was anti-competitive but it was passed 18-2 with man city voting in line with Newcastle ... surprise, surprise .. as their Abu Dhabi owners have benefited from what are known as 'related party transactions'. The new rule comes into force next month and applies to all clubs.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

They'll have to be careful of the consequences for themselves but I presume these new rules somehow limit jumps in revenue.

I cant see how they can really stop someone getting a 100mil stadium naming rights through.

In the end if newcastle chose to spend 500mil this winter... just suppose. What is the maximum punishment under ffp? do we know?

9. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Atm it’s just a temporary freeze while they look into putting permanent rules in place.

No huge surprised city weren’t in favour of it <doh>

I doubt they’ll ban it completely but prob try put some restrictions on it but let’s be real, these clubs lawyers will find a way round it if they really want to.

10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It’s about genuine market value, cba typing it out again.

https://www.not606.com/threads/prince-bone-saw’s-toon-thread.383070/page-339#post-15271818

I did suggest as long ago as…….yesterday, that the PL weren’t going to just sit back and allow them to ride roughshod over the rules……..

FFP is about accumulated annual losses measured across a 3 year rolling period. The max losses a club can declare (excluding infrastructure investments) is £105m across that rolling 3 years. If they spent £500m in the winter window and signed say 8 players on 4 yr deals, the write down in the current financial year would be £125m plus the increased cost in wages and agents fees. Then the same the year after and so on, for 4 years. So in year one they’d not break FFP.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.

11. Solid_Air 2

Just like UEFA you get it checked against market experts range of value for said sponsorship which was what i was getting at with my previous post in that NUFC may have been undervaluing some of their sponsorship as it suited Ashley to benefit SD rather than NUFC ,

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  12. moreinjuredthanowen

Thanks <ok>

So theres absolutely nothing to stop them buying anyone they want right now. The shoe drops later and really they can take the hit in future years even if slapped with a 10 point deduction or a 50mil fine.

They cannot create false value in sponsorship so thanks for that perspective too.

What about man city's assertion that prevent a side from creating sponsorship is illegal

13. moreinjuredthanowen

I'm sure he was. He is a spiv.

Tobes said the shirt sponsor was 6.5mil or something. That seems wholly undervalued to me but I have no idea what a fair value of a prem club shirt sponsorship.

14. Solid_Air 2

since he owns both it just depends which benefited him most .

15. moreinjuredthanowen

One doesn't make money until its sold.

One make money all day every day once advertised.

I would assume sports direct was getting the best end of that deal as newcastle was let rot

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

In essence yes, they could gamble £500m now in the hope that the thick end of £200m a year (inc wages) they were adding to their costs would pay dividends by the point they had to get the books out. A very risky strategy, especially given their current predicament.

FWIW personally I don’t think they’ll do anything of the sort, I don’t think it was ever their intention either. They’ve spoken a number of times about £50m per season over 5 years. I think they’ll quickly realise that’s nowhere near enough, and probably put more in, but I’d be amazed if they went gung ho in Jan.

17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The shirt sponsor is a betting company mate. He had his massive billboards up at Sid Jame’s but he never had a formal naming rights deal.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  18. Solid_Air 2

as does most of the PL <grr>

19. moreinjuredthanowen

if someone doesn't sit them down and tell them they will be in the championship next year if they only have 50mil then they deserve to go down :)

this is entirely down to what the punishment is and what this lot expect to me. If they expect to be another villa or Leicester or whatever then be that, they have happily led the media to report they will be a "super club" ;) to the point where the prem clubs have reacted to block them.

It will be interesting to see what they do as its really one way or the other starting jan 1. if they fail to show the intent there the thing could snowball on them. The thing is their antics with Bruce seem credence to your point of view for sure. the longer that goes on the more you wonder has a group of clowns and spivs convinced rich saudis to follow in on a get rich quick scheme.

Tobes likes this.
  20. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

How would you impose a rule to stop inflated sponsorship etc? These owners aren't stupid, they'll find ways around it. And, at the end of the day, companies can pay what they like for sponsorship etc too.