1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

Reading through Blue moon last night, an interesting discussion sprang up, that basically peps arse has gone in the champions league.

When he was manager of bayern and Madrid tore them to bits, he lost the plot, made him to cautious, scared of it happening again.

2. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

You'd think if uefa are going to reserect ffp, try to make it credible, then city will be a number one target. I wonder if the close call theyve just had will maybe make them a bit more circumspect.

3. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I'll say again, their defence i worse than Barca's. Their seven forwards are decent though, hence the tactical fouling on the halfway line when the opposition are breaking that blew up in their face last night.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  4. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

They got away with it, I think they will believe they are untouchable now

Prince Knut and saintPort&Ginger like this.
  5. LuisDiazgamechanger

Barcelona replaced Thiago Alcantara with Philippe Coutinho, Thiago is likely to be Liverpool soon, while Liverpool is avoiding Philippe Coutinho. Very strange and very strange.

6. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Despite there being evidence they had broken FFP and obstructed being investigated, CAS made it quite clear that UEFA had ****ed up in both the sense of timeframe and penalty (as according, apparently, to their own rules). I think the way Chelsea, Uniturd, PSG, Madrid and Barca will join City pushing the chequebook out, even though the game had lost billions due to Covid, proves FFP is dead for this year. Indeed, haven't FIFA said it can be rolled over into next season and then averaged to try and get outside money pumped back into the system?

There's no FFP this season: we're the only ones playing ball, and that's only because we haven't got sugar-daddy backing (or ginormous debts, in the case of Uniturd and barca) to fall back on.

johnsonsbaby and quinneristops like this.
  7. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Second offence.........and they got away with it first time around as well so................no, they don't give a ****.

8. saintPort&Ginger

As long as we keep doing it the right way I'm content.

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

It's frustrating that we're sticking to financial stability when others don't seem to care but I wouldn't change what we do still, we're doing it in the right way.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  10. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Not really.
    Its to do with attitude. Couts disrespected the club and in turn Klopp by trying to push through the transfer and making it clear he preferred to play for Barca over us.
    Why should we take him back when it hasn't worked out for him, nobody wants to be 2nd choice.

Anyway Couts was to replace Iniesta/Neymar

Barca would do well to keep Coutinho next season anyway, think he proved that the other night.

Sauerkraut Inia and organic red like this.

11. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Coutinho is a quality player. God knows why didn’t keep him at Barca cos his numbers were decent, unfortunately just didn’t find the right place for him in that team.

Especislly when you compare him to griezman who cost just as much and has been very poor.

12. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

I

13. Red Hadron Collider

He's a ****. That is all.

14. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

They are a better team though, but they just can't hack it in Europe. Long may it continue

15. LuisDiazgamechanger

Harry Wilson and Ben Woodburn absent from Liverpool camp

Liverpool are in Austria on a pre-season training camp ahead of the new Premier League season when they will be defending champions.

Jurgen Klopp's men are spending 10 days in Salzburg, with Rhian Brewster among the loan players to be recalled and head into camp.

But Wales' Harry Wilson appears to be absent despite his loan spell with relegated Bournemouth ending, while Wales' Ben Woodburn was also an absentee.

Klopp had reportedly been keen to give Brewster and Wilson first-team chances to prove themselves, reported to have ruled out a third year on loan for Wilson if a £20m move fails to materialise.

As for Woodburn, he is set to leave Anfield on loan again with a move to either Germany or Holland on the cards.

16. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Need to stop loaning them both, just sell them

17. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

I should think Wilson will be, rumours that a couple of clubs are interested and I think we'll settle for anything around £15-20m. I expect him to go to Newcastle in the end.

The problem with Woodburn is that he at the moment is that he's worth almost nothing. Because he's been injured and failed to make an impact whilst on loan his value has plummeted (combined with the current climate) and selling him now doesn't make sense. He needs to go out on loan and be successful to be wanted by a club otherwise he'll go on a free when his contract expires.
    Its a real shame cause he had so much potential.

Brewster I hope we keep at the club and actually use.

Sucky and johnsonsbaby like this.
  18. LuisDiazgamechanger

The 2019/2020 season has ended for us in a very disappointing way. To all the fans, we’re sorry for this frustrating season. The only thing we can promise is that in 2020/2021 we’ll fight a lot to do much better and get back to winning important things for you guys!

And to all Liverpool fans that have nothing else to do than to come to a Man City player account, I’m also sorry for you but for the wrong reasons...

https://twitter.com/BernardoCSilva?...lva-liverpool-lyon-man-city-champions-league/

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  19. Red Hadron Collider

****ing horrible ****s. Penalty

20. The IncREDibles

The IncREDibles Well-Known Member

Dunno why I didn't bother betting on United getting and scoring a pen.

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING likes this.