1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

^this
    I don think that financial breaches should be penalised on the pitch retro spectively
    - it’s pointless imho
    I actually think they have got it spot on
    I would reduce it to one season but add a transfer ban :)

Zanjinho likes this.
  2. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Vydra’s not half bad too

3. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Anyone whining about VAR, I'm watching West Brom v Forrest where there is no VAR and so far Livermore should have been sent off twice, WBrom have scored directly from a foul that wasn't given and numerous clear fouls not given.

VAR isn't the problem its the wording of the rules (especially in the case of Offside)

4. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

<applause>
    defo not VAR that’s the issue
    It can defo be used better but it has helped with somethings

I don’t even buy into this whole I can’t celebrate **** - they all do and some clubs have celebrated twice
    And the images of Pep v spurs in CL are iconic
    They just need to harness VAR better

5. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

If we take it that an appeal is unsuccesful, City are barred from entering the CL.

Since the CL winners usually finish in their leagues CL places anyway, in terms of teams entering it would be the same as most seasons. A team would go directly into the group stages and another team would go into the qualifying stages. All dependant on Co-efficient points.

In terms of the 'top 4' league places and City finish in the top 4. The PL is given 4 CL spots to fill by UEFA. You'd assume they'd give it to 5th place team and in turn that would bump down EL places as well.

And if City win the cups, well its all going to get very messy.

Bumps likes this.
  6. saintKlopp

I still don't like it.
    It's not simply an issue about whether it gets more decisions right - it's also what it has to do to get those decisions.
    Like most things, people will always have a different point of view. For me, aiming for perfection isn't worth spoiling the spontaneity and flow of the game.
    I think VAR is here to stay, but it's a bit like Brexit - I have to get used to it, I don't have to like it.

Libby, Bumps and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Aiming for perfection on something that can't be perfected; sign of insanity?

8. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Yep
    I think the media need to stop bleating on about it for the reasons you have detailed
    If there has to be public discussion it needs to be on how to make it work not keep claiming it’s wrong when in general it isn’t

* Record Points Total likes this.
  9. Libby

Libby 9-0

The celebrating twice thing is bollocks though. How it actually goes is:

'YESSSSSSSZLSSS - Oh wait, hang on a minute'

*stand around for ****ing ages watching 22 blokes on the pitch stand around*

'Oh, the moment's kind of gone now'

Even the extreme examples you mentioned, it's artificial drama init? Can't wait till I experience a special moment to tell my Grandkids about - the time when those words flashed up on a screen.

10. Libby

Libby 9-0

They are going against official guidance from IFAB though. The people who actually write the laws of the game and provide the license for var.

"If you spend multiple minutes trying to identify whether it is offside or not, then it's not clear and obvious and the original decision should stand," he said.

He added: "What we really need to stress is that 'clear and obvious' applies to every single situation that is being reviewed by the VAR or the referee.

"In theory, 1mm offside is offside, but if a decision is taken that a player is not offside and the VAR is trying to identify through looking at five, six, seven, 10, 12 cameras whether or not it was offside, then the original decision should stand.
    This is the problem. People are trying to be too forensic. We are not looking to make a better decision, we are trying to get rid of the clear and obvious mistakes.

"If video evidence shows that a player was in an offside position, he was offside full stop. If it's not obvious, then the decision cannot be changed, you stay with the original decision.

11. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Ah give over
    They just need to sort the rules & tweak the technology
    Works in every other sport
    We are just digging our heels in asif football is some kind of greater game
    Whenever change comes along someone moans
    They need to stick to the clear and obvious introduce a time limit as 3 mins waiting does rather go against the whole clear and obvious thing.
    Its working in other countries - just us thats stuffing it up
    Wonder why that could be lmao

THE FOOL likes this.
  12. Libby

Libby 9-0

I said yesterday morning about the time limit and I agree we can make it better. I think it will always be **** personally but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try and it make it less **** lol.

I'm just pointing out that the lack of celebrating and taking the emotion out of the game is a real issue for some people. Goals being disallowed by technology are getting bigger cheers in grounds to when the ball actually hits the net.

Not saying or pretending that's it like that for everyone, but pretending that it isn't an issue for a sizable amount of fans is a bit silly imo. We're not making it up.

You go the odd game don't ya mate? Have you been to many this year?

13. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Yep goto games mate hasn't spoiled my fun
    Down at afc fylde other week
    No problems celebrating there <laugh>

One of the few on here that still plays too mate no issues there neither

Only the other week I scored a worldy (in my head) last minute ran round the pitch with shirt on my head to find when i took it off ref had disallowed the ****er
    Do you know what
    Didnt bother me

I am the pessimistic one too
    People always going to find something to moan about just like we all did when there was no technology this ****e about ruining the atmos is exactly that its ****e

Celebrate your goals, go nuts then when you look a pillock don't ****ing worry
    Anyone who is able to control their emotion when they score a goal or witness their team score a goal isnt Celebrating naturally imho and that is not VARs fault thats the individual worrying about how they look
    To be quite frank i think its a pathetic argument but that is just my opinion and i am usually in the minority.

THE FOOL and Libby like this.
  14. Libby

Libby 9-0

We'll have to agree to disagree mate, it's not about worrying about how look it's about a goal not being a goal until it's had the var rubber stamp. Some people can get past that and some people can't.

I've experienced both this year and I'd argue that celebrating naturally is going mad when the ball hits the net rather than spending a minute having your eyes dart between the ref and the big screen.

It has definitely had an impact on the atmosphere at grounds around the league, sorry mate but that's not ****e it's an undeniable fact.

I meant Liverpool as well btw mate as I don't think var is in place at Fylde <laugh>

Bumps likes this.
  15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Three things need to happen to make it more enjoyable imo...

1) what you posted; overturn clear and obvious errors. If it takes more than 30secs or 3-4 looks then the original decision should stand

2) stop TV pundits and TV stations showing every possible angle to create a issue and, for whatever reason, make the officials looks completely incompetent.

3) mic the officials up so we know what is happening

THE FOOL, Libby and Bumps like this.
  16. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

I know :)
    Yeah I know I am in minority too
    I can say with full authority that the atmos at the turf is identical to what it always has been without VAR
    That said lol.... I am just there to watch a game when I am there :)

Libby likes this.
  17. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Yep - agreed totally
    Bet you we don’t though cause - well I don’t know why
    But what you are suggesting is way too normal
    I would also add switch the offside law to what souness suggested

18. Libby

Libby 9-0

Agreed, if they want to use the screens more for the fans then they should force you lot and United to install them as well.

To be fair if number 2 hadn't have happened for years anyway there probably wouldn't have been such a need for var.

Bumps likes this.
  19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

What did Souness suggest?

20. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I've been saying we need two and three for years.

(Three to stop players mouthing at the ref)