1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Barmy conspiracy theories......I’ve heard a few of them before like. PGMOL you say?

Diego and Libby like this.
  2. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Didn’t that Chelsea side go 50 odd games unbeaten at home?

3. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

FFS Tobes. Most unlike you la <yikes>

Tobes likes this.
  4. astro

astro Well-Known Member

It was a poor league.

5. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Over almost three seasons, that is poor.

6. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

He likes the word 'somehow' doesn't he. Didn't he watch the game?

7. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

When not plying well this Liverpool side does what’s needed to win. That’s the difference this season. Others have struggled to do that.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  8. johnsonsbaby

You're right.

It puzzles me why a sports journalist would say 'utd somehow lost' which suggests they did enough to get something from the game when they clearly didn't. Maybe he could tell us what they did that merited some points instead of using 'somehow' like it's mysterious.

9. LuisDiazgamechanger

10. LuisDiazgamechanger

Arsenal fans are now fearing that their unbeaten ‘Invincibles’ season could be replicated by the Anfield club, who simply do not look like they will be defeated by anyone in the division.

Liverpool’s run of unbeaten league games currently stands at 40 – nine behind Arsenal.

However, Gunners fans will take comfort in the fact that Klopp’s men still have to travel to the Etihad, where they will be biting their nails in the hope that City can get the three points.

Liverpool are also chasing numerous other records this term, including most wins in a single season (32), most home wins (18), most away wins (16) and most points (100).

11. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Now personally all this stuff tends to wash over me probably because my social media footprint consists of here and one other forum on a different subject but you see stuff like that on this forum my personal favourite being this
    Let me introduce you to one "Billy the Yid" and his considered opinion <laugh>

It`s been a poor league this year, with all the big clubs being in transition or injury ravaged bar Livarpool. City lack decent centre halves and have suffered with key injuries and Leicester have a reasonably settled team also but lack any depth. The perfect storm for The Dippers in many ways with their only real competition ruined by injuries and lack of quality at the back, while they remained largely injury free. Add all that to the standard Pool bias among the refs and var, the media campaign to see their darlings win the league etc, and you have an easy Pool title win.

terrifictraore likes this.
  12. Solid_Air 2

apparently is an interesting way of putting it since we clearly were being a tad naughty as we paid City compo over that episode .

13. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Yes, which City accepted back in 2013 but now in 2020 (when they're losing) is suddenly a massive deal.

Plus the language is a bit dramatic. Using the log in details from an account set up at your old job that they didn't bother deactivating isn't "hacking".

14. Solid_Air 2

actually it is hacking to access a computer ,system , network you are not authorised to do so . The fact they left the front door open is probably why they accepted the compo instead of making more of it .

Peej likes this.
  15. astro

astro Well-Known Member

I suppose these days people do say "my Twitter was hacked!" when they mean "I handed my phone to a mate and they posted ****"

Bumps and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  16. saintKlopp

This sort of opinion (his not yours) is quite fascinating if you try to look at it in a non-partisan way. Do they really think we are some sort of "media darlings" or are they just bitter? Personally I've always felt that it was the opposite - not including our ex-players as pundits.
    On the serious side, there is still an element in the right-wing media that wants to blame the club and its fans for the Hillsborough tragedy and can barely disguise their prejudice at times.
    On the purely footballing side, the idea that we are favoured by officials and by VAR is demonstrably ridiculous. There seems to be a cognitive dissonance going on that remembers those occasions that benefit us but completely edits out the times it's gone against us.
    On a lighter note, it's amusing watching them scrabble around to fabricate some sort of reason for us to be doing so well that doesn't admit to our actually being rather good.

17. Solid_Air 2

and my phone was hacked when they mean i didn't bother changing the standard remote access voicemail pin and some scummy reporter took advantage .

18. Libby

Libby 9-0

I don't think you're favoured any more (or less) than most other big clubs, but both you and United most definitely fall into the media darlings category, do you not remember the media hype storm in the 2014 run in?

Always makes me laugh when you and United fans are claiming that the media and refs are hugely biased towards the other etc.

Has absolutely **** all to do with how the league is going though, obviously.

Peej likes this.
  19. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

I wouldnt say we are darlings but Liverpool and Utd are currently two of the best supported clubs in this country so anything we do is newsworthy and as such we get a lot of media focus
    In good times it’s good and in bad times it’s bad

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  20. johnsonsbaby

There has always been (and I'm aware I'm playing into it right now) a media bias against Liverpool, the city, and everything associated with it including the football club. I say club in the singular because Everton seem not to have the same spotlight on them as we do and their fans very often aren't even considered as scousers depending on the agenda.

The self pity city moniker was launched, stuck and appears very hard to unpeel. In footballing terms that awful 'always the victim' chant springs to mind. In other fans minds LFC fans should know their place and stick to it. We've had years and years of it. Not surprising that those wanting to keep us in check are finding it hard to handle that we're finally breaking free and running riot.

organic red, saintKlopp and Bumps like this.