1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LuisDiazgamechanger

They'd be better off with Fellaini, Lukaku and Sanchez': Gary Neville says Manchester United have gone backwards under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer but insists board must 'hold their nerve'

2. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

I insist that they hold their nerve too.

I might even campaign for Ole when I’m in Manchester next week.

3. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

As much as is makes me laugh to see utd in there current state, ole looks like hes got a plan of how he wants the team to play, hes got an awful lot of ****e to try to ship out first.

The worst thing utd could do would be another change of manager, another 100m spent on a quick fix when what they desperately need it a long term plan.

Bumps and Diego like this.
  4. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

I totally agree and thank god that the long term plan that they currently have starts with hiring Ole and I really hope it’s a very long term plan <laugh>

I hope they hold their nerve when they’re in the bottom three <ok>

LuisDiazgamechanger likes this.
  5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So do I, I hope we hold it for at least two full seasons.

Bumps likes this.
  6. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

I know but it comes from years of disappointment look at last year at OT
    We should have done a number on them but something happened and we didnt

7. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

From an impartial point of view I'd agree with you. It's easy to poke fun because, well your shocking at the minute, but you can see what hes aiming for.

The problem hes got is hes dealing with players that have been bought for buying sake with no clear game plan in mind. Pogba is a case in point, he is the sort of signing to finish the jigsaw, not the lad who's going to kickstart anything.

Maguire on the other hand, you can see why, he will toughen your defence and give his all come what may. A much wiser use if 80million.

Zanjinho, Bumps and Diego like this.
  8. saintKlopp

Is this a reply to me? It reads like it so I'll go from there.
    I don't advocate complacency - any team can cause us trouble on the day, but Utd are mid-table and playing like a mid-table team. Yes, they'll probably up their game, but regardless of their determination we are significantly the better team and we must go into it with confidence. We have no more reason to fear them than any other.
    Many of their fans have a sense of entitlement and a lot of the media still talk about them as though they are going through a bad patch and will wake up at any moment and "normal service will be resumed". But past success does not entitle you to future success, that needs to be earned - and we of all people should understand that one.
    You're perfectly correct in referring to last season - we were better than them and should have shown it. We didn't, precisely because we showed them too much respect - we mustn't do that again.

Solid_Air 2, Sucky and Bumps like this.
  9. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

I admire your loyalty - I really do.

I also think that he’s inherited a bloody mess, That’s not his fault.

However, if you keep Ole for another 2 seasons, you’ll put yourself back 5 years. He’s not a world class coach. I’ll happily eat my words if I’m wrong.....but I doubt i’ll have to <ok>

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I am at the point where I would say this about almost anybody <laugh>

Seriously though, Ole has had one window and bought three players, two of which have more or less sorted our biggest problem of the last few seasons and one who looks a very decent player for the future that any manager could use. He wanted a striker but the one he wanted wasn't available for whatever reason, if you admire Klopp for only buying the players he wants then you have to give Ole credit for the same attitude (not you personally, just in general).
    No manager can buy 5-7 players in one window and make a team, with this in mind I expect Ole to get the striker he wants and maybe two midfielders over the next two windows. If things don't start to look up after that I may re-assess my position on his tenure :grin:

11. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

Yeah - I get that you had a decent window - I think you bought very well for the first time in an age. If you buy similarly over the next two windows, you will improve.....but how much?

Here’s where we do differ; I have zero confidence (naturally and thankfully) in Ole developing your players (bought or brought through the youth system) in the same way that Pep and Klopp develop players. In fact Rashford et al seem to have stalled with their development. He’s just not a world class coach. Will 2 seasons and another 5/6 decent signings change that? I doubt it.

12. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

I always pray that you guys are right :)
    I would say the fear, not that i think its fear
    Its more of the crowd. Old trafford when they have their tails up is an amazing place, just like ours (obviously Anfield is, well, better but...:) )
    The crowd always seem up for our games
    If we are to be successful there i think we need to either blitz them in first 20 or nulify the crowd and do a very professional job,
    Do i think we can do it, yes
    Do I hope we can do it, yes
    Is it one of those, we will smash, definitely not

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  13. saintKlopp

Just seen the City highlights. Chaotic defending, Wolves should have had 3 in the first half.

14. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

I think Klopp and most of us expected a draw to be enough. I dont think anyone really thought City would just win every game, but then so did we after.

Klopps mistake not going for the win, I think he has to be careful this time. Utd will be up for it, but we should be good enough for the points

15. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Sucky, organic red and Diego like this.
  16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

I literally just lol'd and said oh dear.

The dog thinks I have gone mad (madder?)

THE FOOL and organic red like this.
  17. LuisDiazgamechanger

Biggest lead at this stage of a Premier League season
    Team top after eight games
    Season Points ahead
    Liverpool 2019/20 8
    Chelsea 2014/15 5
    Newcastle 1995/96 4
    Manchester United 1999/00 4
    Chelsea 2013/14 4
    The biggest gap City had to make up on Liverpool last season was seven points, although that was after 20 games, and they only had to play each other once. The two sides meet for the first time at Anfield on 10 November.

City are aiming to become the first team to win three successive league titles since Manchester United between 2007-09. Last term they became the first team to retain the title since then. Chelsea are the only other side to win back-to-back titles in the Premier League era.

18. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Bugger me. What a set of results this weekend. Please God, no injuries in these ****ing internationals <grr>

19. saintKlopp

Wrong on so many levels.

20. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Ed Woodward could set fire to £1m in cash during every Man Utd home game and it would still be a better transfer strategy than their current one