1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Prediction League 2014-15

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by RicardoHCAFC, Jul 23, 2014.

1. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

Good season, the final third of the season killed me, just no 2-1 games for some reason.

tigerscanada likes this.
  2. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing a great job TC. It's an interesting competition to participate in and helps keep us aware of whats going on in the other divisions. I've enjoyed doing the forecasts every week the past few seasons and appreciate all the work you put into it. Well done mate!!

Although I let the ex-pats down this year its nice to see the North American seers, Ellewoods and TigersCanada again leading the field. Just proves that we do know a little bit about English "soccer"!!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    tigerscanada likes this.
  3. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Well done elle...put up a great fight you did. Sorry I prevented you regaining your title on the total points side, but your winning weeks title shows that, along with TigerRoo with the Hull City predictions title that everyone has a chance of sharing the glory. Thanks for keeping me honest.

4. tigerscanada

Thanks mate - I enjoy doing it.
    What amazes me is that ellewoods, not being an ex-pat, has a great knowledge of the game for someone born in the US. Obviously a student of the game. Great to see that our beloved game is reaching far & wide.
    I think I read somewhere you're planning to move closer to your kids in California soon. Wish you well with the move & relocation, and the improvement in climate.

5. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

Thanks TC I always enjoy the Prediction League every season and I would have gladly given up 5 points to see us stay in the Premier League.
    I don't think I would be alone in stating the number of times I have been sat on the correct score only to find a last minute goal (or extra time) has robbed me. I remember sitting on three one week only to find that last minute goals resulted in no points at all. Very enjoyable but, whereas Ellewoods 2-1 theory has worked for him well over the past 2 seasons, I think we will be seeing some extraordinary high scoring games throughout the Championship next season. Hopefully with us to the fore.

tigerscanada likes this.
  6. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

I was thinking exactly the same thing Laurie. The 2-1 formula might not work so well in the Championship Kellen...are you going to stick with it? Although I don't see us scoring too many goals I think we'll be damn difficult to score against if we can keep our current defensive players together, plus a new first choice GK. Btw congratulations on winning the Hull City points competition for last season...hope we can keep it going next season!

7. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

I'll probably stick with it. When we were in the championship my weekly average score was well over 1 point higher than this season and I won by like 20 points.

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks for all this tigerscanada and all others who've contributed, it's much appreciated. <ok>

tigerscanada likes this.
  9. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

I echo OLM's comment. Thanks to TC and all who took part. I only did so well on the Hull City predictions because I kept putting in the results that I didn't want to happen - unfortunately they kept happening!!

tigerscanada likes this.
  10. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

par excellence TC once again thank you for all your hard work

tigerscanada likes this.

11. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

****s sake I remember writing out the predictions for the week I missed and posting them but must have lost signal as I was away at the time without wifi. Can't remember now how many points it was for but it would definitely have earned me 2nd as I remember I hd the city result right (I went for a 3-0 win) and a correct score in one of the other games.

Well done anyway ye olde moose ****er, a simple monthly poll competition (COTM) can be a struggle to remember and find time to do when I can remember to do it nevermind all the stats and counting up and what not you do all season. Great effort and thanks for all the time you put aside to run this <ok>

tigerscanada likes this.
  12. tigerscanada

Mr Hat

Moose are far too horny, the promiscuous bastards. I'll be damned, I much prefer beavers. <cheers>