1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Predict where NCFC will finish next May

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Jul 23, 2019.

?

Where will NCFC finish next May

1. 1-5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 6-10

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. 11-15

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  4. 16-17

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  5. 18-20 and relegated!!

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Classy team, great football and recruitment. Think they qualified for Europe last year, didn't they? Should be a great game of football.

JM Fan likes this.
  2. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I’m going to the Atlanta game, it’ll probably be the only game I manage to get to Carrow road for!

3. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I’m going to the Atlanta game, it’ll probably be the only game I manage to get to Carrow road for!

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

<ok>. I'm in Block K

5. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

I wish I could be more positive than I am but struggle to convince myself of three Clubs more likely to come down than us. Wolves have shown that spending a lot of money can work but Fulham have shown there are no guarantees. Burnley have survived without spending fortunes but Cardiff and Huddersfield seem to show that such a policy is fraught with difficulties. Brighton continue to spend money they haven't got but is their squad better or worse than ours? One of the problems in the modern game is that supporters still think that throwing money around guarantees success but the cold fact is that if every Premier League Club spent £200m in the close season three of them would still go down. At the moment our fans seem to be adopting a realistic approach but am I the only one who suspects that if in December we are in the bottom three there will be calls for Farke to be sacked and demands that in January we go back to hurling money at the likes of Naismith, Hooper, RVW etc etc. Inevitably 3 Clubs will be relegated at the end of next season and realistically we are one of the prime candidates.

JM Fan likes this.
  6. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It would be nice to think that the majority of fans can see that the best we can realistically hope for is to be a perennial yo-yo club. So if your worst fears are realised, we'd still have a squad capable of giving it a damned good go at getting back at the first attempt.
    But some of that squad would doubtless have their heads turned if we do go back down and a few would probably want to leave.
    But with his emphasis on developing youth rather than hurling money at journeyman / wannabe superstars, what would be the point of campaigning to get shot of Farke?
    The words 'frying pan' and 'fire' would spring to mind immediately if we ever got involved on that managerial merry go round just for the sake of a change. <doh>

BTW, have you 'adopted' a French team that you still go and watch on occasion?

7. 1950canary

I go and watch most home games in Nice and have seen Marseilles, Monaco and Lyon a couple of times when combined with rail shopping trips with Mrs1950 and other couples. Males to football and the bars - females wandering around shops looking at things they do not need or cannot afford. We have also done a couple of Sunday trips of the same ilk to Genoa and watched Sampdoria

JM Fan likes this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What about the mighty 'crocos' of Nîmes?
    Or maybe that's a bit distant from you. Lovely city, though.
    As are most of those in and around Provence I've been fortunate enough to visit. <ok>
    How were your temperatures earlier this week?
    Just seen this on twitter:

9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Excellent post 1950 and can't fault your argument re relegation etc. My own feeling is that if we have fewer than 10 points by the end of October, I can see that the fan unity will be starting to unravel - I HOPE I'm wrong, but ........
    One thing I DO know, it's that they're is NO way we still be throwing money at the next Naismith or whoever!??!

canary-dave likes this.
  10. 1950canary

It was very hot earlier in the week but as the wind was coming off the sea it was quite bearable unlike further north where it did get silly. Thunderstorms yesterday and today have broken the worst of it and back to normal next week - unbroken sunshine and temps around 30. Haven't been to Nimes for years and never been to the football ground but I see Nice play there on the 17th August so you have given me an idea - will mention it to the party organiser. To be fair Vierra seems to be assembling quite a decent young squad here and I know that a lot of the locals are getting quite excited but we shall see.

Walsh.i.am and JM Fan like this.

11. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

JM Fan likes this.
  12. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

I have gone for 16th or 17th. I will be happy enough with that or anything better

JM Fan likes this.
  13. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Me too! Though I imagine we could well be relegated!

JM Fan likes this.
  14. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

No problem, we are used it now :emoticon-0148-yes:

15. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I went for 11th-15th, so will plump for 14th mainly because we have good squad depth with existing players who know each others play and four quality additions (5 with Heise who's like a new player) from top level teams who arrived early and have already settled well. The exceptional togetherness and hunger for success in the PL will pull us through.

Edit: The addition of Amadou makes it 6 top quality players added this year to an otherwise intact Championship winning team. Even more confident now, whatever happens at Anfield.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  16. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

16th for me, at worst.

JM Fan likes this.
  17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I've changed my vote, though I believe we'll survive - just!!!

18. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Moi aussi :(

19. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Once the injured players come back we'll start to fly up the league. Because of the injuries hampering us to the new year I will revise my prediction down to 6th!

Bah!

zogean_king and JM Fan like this.
  20. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I think it's too early to change my vote (11-15), as we're only 8 games into the season with an absurd injury list. IMO, as players recover, the team will recover and push on. That's my hope anyway!