1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

pre season fixtures

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, May 16, 2019.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't think of it as a Derby myself either. Not sure preseason game can be called that anyway as it's supposed to be a friendly. Mind you believe there were a few morons from both clubs at it last season when you came down here. Hopefully they will all stay home this time. Just hope it's a good run out and a half decent watch. Part of the reason I don't do these sorts of games normally is it gives no idea how your team is going to finish as it's usually all over the place players wise. We have so many new players this time that I need a head start on knowing who some of them are.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Went this afternoon as said and thought it was a fairly even game decided by our centre back gifting you the only goal. When I say gifting I really mean on a plate. It was reasonably contested and considering how hot it was there was plenty of effort on show. Not sure how well you will do in league one on the strength of this game. You have some decent players and others that are probably best called average. Stand out for you was No.23 who I think was Bennett? Ex Portsmouth player. He reminded me a bit of Bobby Reid who we borrowed from City some years back when he was a kid. Same build and languid movement. Ran with the ball and his passing was more than good. He could have scored your goal but gave it to somebody else for an empty net tap in. You will like him a lot.

Didn't see any scuffles or problems anywhere today so hopefully everyone had a pint afterwards and went home happy. Best of luck for the season.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I didn't go to the game but a couple of friends did and they said we were by far the better side and should have won by a far bigger margin. So its interesting reading your review <ok> The same old issue for us was very apparent, where are the goals going to come from. We seemed lost when we got to the final 3rd but we apparently did manage a few chances but my friends were worried about how we would manage to get chances against the top sides of L1. All the best getting back to L1 at the 1st attempt. Moore and Telford should do well for you, especially Telford.