1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pre Match v Aldershot Town

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Dec 27, 2011.

?

Vote the outcome of this game...

Poll closed Jan 1, 2012.
  1. Gills to win

91.7%
  2. Shots to win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Score draw

8.3%
  4. No score draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Richards was decent but he was the main culprit with Martin's dismissal. The ball was bouncing around on the edge of the area and he stood and watched like the Richards of old allowing the Aldershot player to set up their no 7 one on one against Martin. It was a dangerous position but not a crisis and Martin tried a do or die tackle on the goal line. Fine if you have not logged up a card but otherwise foolish. Martin could justifiably have a grumble at Richards but other than that he was fine. I hope he was watching those superb passes when Lawrence switched defence to attack with 40 yard clearances onto Kedwell's head. I think there were 4 of them in the second half. I was also impressed with Weston's commitment because when things dont go for him he often becomes lethargic in his running but he ran with purpose all his time on the pitch.
    Going back to Martin's absence, he may not be too sad to miss being up against Pennant who I suspect will run the legs off whoever plays in the Gills defence.

2. brb

brb Guest

Thanks for clarifying the situation on the sending off, I had looked around the other sites but all you find is the usual one off comments with no clarity. I guessed the number seven was part of it but a guy to the right of me got in the way, when I was trying to crick my neck to see. Reading the O/S it seemed as though Hessy did not realise it was a sending off, forgetting the first half booking after about 50 seconds.

What do you reckon the back line up will be against Stoke?

3. brb

brb Guest