1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Poyet awaits decision from Lua Lua over Brighton move

Discussion in 'Brighton' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Brighton manager Gus Poyet has revealed he expects a decision shortly on whether or not Newcastle youngster Kazenga LuaLua will join the club.

The Albion squad reported back for pre-season training today and the Seagulls' boss is expecting an answer from his target soon.

He told the club website: "There are developments with Kazenga and it's something that could happen soon. It's a negotiation that feels like it's been going on forever and I think we are getting to a position now where it's going to be now or never.

"I hope it's now because I know how important he is for me, the team and for the fans, so let's hope we can get something sorted out.

"There are also developments elsewhere; we can't say any names but we have got a couple of things going on over the next few weeks.

"We are in the market and we still have chances with some very good players, who are also very well known - the kind that will make a real impact on the city. We need to make sure that we can close the deals."

The 20-year-old Magpies youngster was on-loan at Brighton last season. Poyet has said he would not be averse to bringing him back on loan again, but his preference is for a permanent deal.