1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Potter is no more

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bullet tooth Tony, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Not a racist bone in my body but the white boy had to go.

2. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

…..I read your Facebook copy paste post - now blocked. :emoticon-0140-rofl:

I’d just like to write that the staunch Muslim nation that is Qatar ran a fantastic World Cup in my opinion. I’d like to add that the BBC Jimmy Savile football pundit - that is the former Spud - Gary Lineker did his best to disrespect the Muslims of Qatar and their hosting of the World Cup - at every opportunity - while taking the money while in Qatar to commentate on the World Cup. There’s good and bad in every nation and I’ve got very little respect for the likes of money grabber BBC pundit Gary Lineker but massive respect for Qatar. The Muslims of Qatar have morals and ethics while Gary Lineker will criticise the likes of Qatar while grabbing their money.

……and, after yesterday against Villa, Potter had to go.

3. Bullet tooth Tony

The thousand's of families that lost loved one's in the construction, would vehemently disagree with you BB

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Lets not make this a racial or religious argument. I was at Qatar too, was impressed with the running of the Cup but thought Doha a dump and the local people, mostly men , we met few women, were guarded and careful. I have no doubt they were under instruction . By comparison the Muslim fans from other countries were much friendlier and natural.
    The football was great, and FIFA would be well advised to stick with footballing venues in
    future, not go for the money.
    As for Chelsea, Potter is a decent bloke but a poor Manager. The Club is a basket case in need of someone who is a football man, not a baseball man.
    Money is not enough, even 550 million.

Treble likes this.
  5. Bristol Blue

……you really do need to keep politics out of football - what about the hundreds of thousands of Muslims that lost loved ones due to Tony Blair’s illegal war in Iraq? Tony Blair protected from prosecution by his fellow lawyer lowlife. To post someone’s criticism of Islam on this football forum while ignoring the elephant in the room is crass.

Saf likes this.
  6. Bullet tooth Tony

Oh dear BB closing your eyes to religion putting women as second class citizens is crass take a LOOK AT THE WORLD DUDE.

7. Bristol Blue

Argentinians - now World football champions - used to make fun of the British railway workers in Argentina that played football during their lunch break in the 1880s. British sailors took football to Brazil and Uruguay. I think FIFA were right to allow Qatar to host the World Cup to make the game more popular there as well.

8. Bristol Blue

???…..this is a football forum not a forum for political mass-debators.

9. Bullet tooth Tony

You started it ffs.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I agree with the principal, but with a tiny population, this was more about Qatari PR than spreading the football gospel. They got the gig because they payed for it, spent billions on stadia, put on a good show, now it's all over and their place in the football world has not changed one iota. As far as I am aware, they built no hospitals, schools, or housing for their destitute population because of the Cup,the Emirs just swanned around basking in FIFA glory. All fake and plain wrong for me and I personally hope FIFA never do something like that again.
    Meanwhile, Chelsea are trying to recover from the train wreck of Boehly et al, and Potter has a lovely bank account to help him regain his mojo and sort out his football career. He's the victim here, a decent bloke in a job that was always wrong for his skill set

Bristol Blue likes this.

11. Bullet tooth Tony

Thank you CP for putting it in words I could not.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Why the **** has a thread about Potter turned into a Muslim/Qatar discussion?

Wanna try again.
    For anyone interested in my opinion on Qatar, I think the only people to blame are FIFA, they awarded Qatar, a nation with no domestic football league of its own, with no history of football, hosting rights to most prestigious sporting event in the world, despite the fact that they had no infrastructure to host such a tournament.
    FIFA knew damn well what kind of country Qatar is and what its laws are, but they were given enough brown envelopes to overlook all that.
    As for virtue signalling toss pots like Lineker, and any of the players with their rainbow arm bands, its all right to flaunt LGBT sentiment from your luxury hotels with huge security details, they were never gonna get arrested. Riling up Joe public to start protesting for gay rights in a conservative muslim nation was disgusting and they are lucky they dont have blood on their hands.
    People gave the home secretary **** for warning people to keep a lid on their outbursts but I think he was talking sense by preaching restraint, these people dont **** around.
    And while I am in complete and total disagreement with Qatari views on homosexuality (in fact it makes me feel sick the way they treat people), bowling on to their patch with your rainbow flags and your neckerchiefs could have ended horribly.

The pundits and players were happy to take part in the tourney and get paid, and preach from their safe towers about gay rights, so **** them too.
    The only form of protest I would respect in terms of this tournament, would be if the players and pundits had boycotted it and refused to turn up, but they wanted to have their cake and eat it, happy to suckle on the money teat that this tournament generated while acting like fools.
    FYI I didnt watch a second of the tournament, I totally boycotted the whole thing.

Ill make another Potter thread....one that actually about Potter.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  13. Bullet tooth Tony

Argentinians - now World football champions - used to make fun of the British railway workers in Argentina that played football during their lunch break in the 1880s. British sailors took football to Brazil and Uruguay. I think FIFA were right to allow Qatar to host the World Cup to make the game more popular there as well.

Bet the Womens team in Qatar is benefiting as well. Now shut up and sit down.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  14. Bristol Blue

……yes Sir, I’m back on my arse and eating my prawn sandwich. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

15. Bristol Blue

…..great post. This forum was dying at least it’s waking up again. Where’s ‘Stan the Man’ gone with his controversial posts? He always used to criticise Cesc Fabregas in just about every thread.

BTW….I didn’t mean for the thread to turn into a Muslim Qatar thread but the thread that Blue Tooth Tony started on this subject has been locked and I could only reply to him on here.

Anyway, good for Graham Potter and good for the club that he’s gone - I only hope Todd Boehley and Co learn something from this shambles.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
  16. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Potter wasn’t given a fair crack at the whip but I feel he was probably out of his depth from the start. It’s sad to seem another manager face the chop but results weren’t reflecting an improvement. the big question is who do we bring in now?

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

His situation wasn't ideal, he had a bunch of players signed for him and he likely had very little to no say in what players were recruited and where we are now is by no means entirely his fault, so I feel sympathy for him in that regard...the ownership have done a **** job so far.....

BUT.....

With the players he does have at his disposal, to be sitting in 11th, with 9 defeats in 20 games or whatever it is, is unacceptable.
    Even without a recognised striker I would at least expect us to be in the top 8 ffs.
    The players clearly arent playing for him and his team selections and tactics have been baffling, at best.
    He needed to go.
    I would get Ancelotti back in to be honest. Give him a crack.

18. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

As said above, I’ll be shocked if he had any sort of input into who we signed but there is still no way we should be in the bottom half with the current squad.

The last two games have swung it for me. I was stunned at the defensive subs he made after going to1-0 and then 2-1 up against Everton at home, who didn’t even look in the game into that happened. Then makes a criminal decision at the weekend to play a back 3 with 2 Centre backs on the bench?! The instruction was obviously to get the wing backs involved with how much RLC saw of the ball but surely that should be James? Easy to say now especially with the mistake for the first goal but we’d have been told some nonsense about him revolutionising football if it had paid off, zzzz.

I think we’ll try hard for Nagelsman as he fits what the new owners but in all honesty I wouldn’t be opposed to getting Conte for a couple of seasons, he’d probably win the league next year.

19. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

It may be a difficult proposition for any manager. Boehly has clearly bought whoever he felt like and has told the manager they need to play.
    A new manager will want his own spin on things and whose to say that it would be any different now?

Who do you want in now?