1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Posters who are missed on here

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by The Punter’s Pal, Dec 29, 2020.

1. lardiman

lardiman My only desire
    Forum Moderator

I can't really see why the posting of 'rubbish' should be such a cause of irritation.

Rubbish is in the eye of the reader. One person's rubbish is another person's interesting debate.
    And nobody is being asked to post on threads that are of no interest to them - which I assume is why those threads or their contents are being labelled rubbish.

If we had a policy here that members can only post about Charlton Athletic, and perhaps other footballing matters, posting rates would drop to almost nothing. Especially at this time of the year.
    Why should we impose that restriction upon ourselves?
    Yes, being Charlton fans is the primary thing that brings us together here.
    But what kind of discussion forum defines itself by what cannot be discussed?
    Only a very restricted one.

Why can't members simply enjoy contributing to the threads that interest them and ignore those that do not?
    That's a philosophy that does not need a list of rules to be enforced, and then members needlessly disciplined for breaking them.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
    The Penguin and Ubedizzy2 like this.
  2. Ubedizzy2

Ubedizzy2 Well-Known Member

Sorry if I misunderstood, but in your first reply it read as though you were saying that it was unedifying that DP was calling Royston a liar.

3. Ubedizzy2

Hear, hear

lardiman likes this.
  4. lardiman

lardiman My only desire
    Forum Moderator

Well I was, but I did not make it clear that the scope of the unedification in my view was confined only to that.
    Apologies for the confusion. I believe I had to get on with some work and had run out of time to consider the matter further.

Sorry too, there does not actually seem to be such a word as 'unedification'.
    I should perhaps have said lack of edification.
    But that doesn't sound right either.

5. A WUM called Hawtrey

A WUM called Hawtrey Well-Known Member

Uber,

This will be my one and only reply to you.

I was contributing to this forum, and building it up & getting it noticed, while your Mum was still feeding you Ready Brek :emoticon-0148-yes:

First and foremost, it’s a Charlton forum. We have almost nothing else in common.

I have met Dicky, Lardiman, Elfs & FHB in person, and each of them are good blokes and proper Charlton men . I can’t sadly say the same for you, my old chum.

The only reason I rejoined 606 was to point out the absurdity of being kicked off ITTV for challenging the WUM’ing on there. I have zero interest in discussing the conspiracy theories & day to day triviata that now sadly dominates this site.

I respect @lardiman to be a good guy, and @Elfsborg från Borås will admit that I’ve told him he went a long way towards ruining this site some time ago, although in person he’s still a likeable little fella.

I even like TC & his banter, unlike some on ITTV.

I hope that clarifies matters, and calms your Roy Cropper-like personality :emoticon-0148-yes:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
  6. Smudger603

Smudger603 Well-Known Member

Morning young man , that bar looked good <cheers>

7. A likeable little fella

A likeable little fella Well-Known Member

I'm going back there in my pram tonight, I need a drink after this morning.
    £4 for 40cl is very excessive over here BUT well worth it to get a decent drink.

8. The Penguin

The Penguin Well-Known Member

So it's not you who writes the Angry Baby column in Private Eye?

9. A likeable little fella

No mate, still model baby grows for a bit of money.

Smudger603 likes this.
  10. The Penguin

I have indeed met Hawtrey, and is a decent erudite bloke. I'm sure if we were talking in a pub instead of on social media it would all be peace and good will.

brb likes this.

11. A likeable little fella

Just make sure he does not drive you there, I had to send my clothes to the dry cleaners the last time I got in his rust bucket of a motor.

12. Smudger603

Was paying 2.70 euros for a pint of Super Bock , would be rude not to have a few <cheers>

13. Ubedizzy2

Uber, This will be my one and only reply to you.

Your choice, but seems a bit odd not to engage with a fellow fan on a public forum.

I was contributing to this forum, and building it up & getting it noticed, while your Mum was still feeding you Ready Brek :emoticon-0148-yes:

No you weren’t. Not unless you were posting on here in the early 1960’s !

First and foremost, it’s a Charlton forum. We have almost nothing else in common.

Don’t know about the other posters on here but as you know next to nothing about me you don’t know that. And it may be first and foremost a Charlton forum, but what distinguishes Not606 is the variety of subjects we discuss.

I have met Dicky, Lardiman, Elfs & FHB in person, and each of them are good blokes and proper Charlton men . I can’t sadly say the same for you, my old chum.

You can’t say the same about me as you haven’t met me or because you’ve decided I’m not a good bloke and proper Charlton man ? Fair enough if it’s the former but weird if you can form an opinion on the latter without meeting someone or knowing them.

The only reason I rejoined 606 was to point out the absurdity of being kicked off ITTV for challenging the WUM’ing on there. I have zero interest in discussing the conspiracy theories & day to day triviata that now sadly dominates this site.

I can understand fully what you say about being kicked off for challenging elsewhere, but there should surely be more reason to rejoin and post on here than just that ?

I respect @lardiman to be a good guy, and @Elfsborg från Borås will admit that I’ve told him he went a long way towards ruining this site some time ago, although in person he’s still a likeable little fella.

Fair enough. But I don’t know what you refer to in relation to Elfs in the past. He seems like a jolly good egg to me.

I even like TC & his banter, unlike some on ITTV.

I agree.

I hope that clarifies matters, and calms your Roy Cropper-like personality :emoticon-0148-yes:

It doesn’t really clarify anything. I don’t know who Roy Cropper is, but as you know next to nothing about me, any comparison to other people is pointless and invalid.

So going forward, why not just post when you want and don’t post when you don’t want, but just cut out the personal snide comments and derogatory remarks about individual posters and the forum in general ?

14. A likeable little fella

I'll be over for a game in September, I think we should all meet up in the Woolwich Spoons<cheers>

15. Smudger603

Make sure to disinfect on leaving that establishment <cheers>

16. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Always best to disinfect after leaving The Valley.

17. The Penguin

I'm away for the first 2 weeks of September.

18. Smudger603

I’m going to Greece beginning of September- hopefully :emoticon-0148-yes:

19. A likeable little fella

Always thought you were slippery.

20. A likeable little fella

Don't you start, this is our fight.
    <laugh>

lardiman likes this.