1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Posters of the year.

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spurf, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

We have to do it, pick your own catergories

Poster of the Year

Funniest Poster

Most Informative Poster

My vote goes "Thanks for that Brian" as poster of the year who not only posts thoughtful stuff about the current situation his reminisces are great fun.

Funniest Poster remembercolinlee you have to laugh!

Most informative I am going for humanbeingincroydon for although I don't get a lot of his posts he is constantly updating the board with info.

But a word of thanks to all you guys for making this Spurs board an interesting place to be. <ok>

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd just like to echo Spurf's sentiments about the board.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes, keeps it interesting and gives us mods very little to do for most of the year! <laugh>
    I'll get back to you with my nominations later, after I've had a think.

3. This sums up my feelings too. Thanks all, especially our Mods! <cheers>

But as one who tries to find the humour in most situations - and certainly the more difficult aspects of being a Spurs fan, my vote for poster of the year goes to RCL, with PNP running a close 2nd for the brilliant match day threads and general insights. :emoticon-0148-yes:

May 2017/18 bring us some long overdue success, and the start of a love affair with the ‘new’ Lane!<diva>

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, one and all <cracker>

4. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Most informative poster by a country mile is DGC.

5. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Bitchy post of the year award goes to....
    <laugh>

6. Citizen Kane

This is comfortably the best board on Not606. Just the right blend of banter, respectful and insightful debates and a critical mass of proper fruits <laugh>

We also have a really diverse age-range, from as young as 18 (I believe) to plenty of moaning millennials (like me) to the elderly statesmen who witnessed the glory glory days. And Spurf, who stood under that lampost in 1882. It makes for a great mix of opinion and reaction.

I very, very rarely venture beyond this board anymore. The level of debate elsewhere simply doesn't compare. Our token wums have dipped in quality and quantity since we started making a habit of finishing above everyone. Diego tries hard but he cannot replace those Leicester fans we had camped on here throughout 2015-16. I was delighted to see Der Kaiser escaped from his home, albeit briefly, to post a top-quality wum the other day. I hope for our sake the men in white coats don't find him any time soon.Last time I posted anything on the PL board was about 4 months ago and all that resulted in was Spurlock trying to convince people I was a HIAG sock account <laugh>

So, a massive thank you to everyone on here. To our Mods for their excellent modding and tactful handling of a tricky situation involving my nominee for 'most informative poster'.
    <cheers>

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  7. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

He is winner of the Bill Nicholson award
    (he did the Spurs ban "double" on JA and here) . :)

8. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Surely that's the Jake Nicholson award?

9. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Sidney Fiddler is the best poster on any thread anywhere.....ever.

The rest of us are his support act.......the best support act on any board, anywhere but support act, nonetheless. Please post more often, Sid.

Thanks and gratitude to those who do work on the site, so that the rest of us can enjoy it.......The Mods, those that run prediction leagues, think up threads, etc. Without you and all the other contributors, Mrs. B would have thrown me out years ago.

Merry Christmas to all Spurs everywhere. <cheers>

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  10. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Without wanting to be too serious this place is genuinely a good way to help me keep perspective on difficult days.

My posters of the year are
    @SpursDisciple and @Spurf for their prediction leagues...they constantly remind me how bad I am at predictions so I never gamble.
    These 2 save me a fortune!!!

The rest of you just confuse me tbh...you're all happy clappy positive glass half filled mo fos but when I join in singing you all tell me to bugger off...well just cos you forced poor Mr and Mrs DCG off of here you ain't doing it to me...
    As Martin Luther King once said
    "You can take my songs... you can take my DCGs...you can take the pee sock (please God ... take the pee sock)...but you will NEVER take me alive copper..."

And just to piss off every dumbass on Facebook complaining that you can't say happy Christmas anymore for fear of being killed by PC gone mad types...

Happy Winter Festival Day

11. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Poster - RDBD. Even though RD once said I should burn on a pyre due to the fact I maybe misjudged the fact that we didn't end up signing Isco, RD's posts are generally humorous and good to read.

Funniest - Spurlock. Spurly has bants for days, would happily buy the man a drink... Or a spliff.

Informative - HBIC. Sources galore, HBIC News > Sky Sports News.

You're all a great bunch though, you have DH's approval <ok>

Already said it on the other thread but have a great Christmas!

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I used to be terrified of posting on here because other boards gave it "Spurs ban you for nothing", glad I took the plunge because you all seem good lads with a sense of humour and good level of knowledge and coversation.
    My BPOTY for what it's worth is RCL, not just for his contribution on here but also for his match day threads on the gooner board which were informative and funny (brilliant actually) and were taken in good heart by the gooners (which says a lot).

13. Citizen Kane

You have the advantage of possessing enough sense to understand that if you turn up on an opposition board giving it billy big bollocks, you'll have it thrown back at you twice over. The mark of a poor WUM is someone who turns up, spouts an opinion that any sane person could tell them no Spurs fan is going to agree with (for example: 'Pep reckons Spurs are really AFC Kane...do you agree?'), and then totally loses their rag when the inevitable **** hits the fan. The mark of a decent WUM is someone such as yourself, who will pop up every now and then with an cheeky comment but keeps it respectful and - most importantly - impersonal. That is the benchmark among the mods here. You can say pretty much anything but descend to personal insult or goading and you'll be banned quicker than you can say 'AFC Kane'.

And then you'll have the internet equivalent of the village idiot; the drunk who staggers through the town square mumbling incoherently until the local Baron orders him to sober up before he comes back. An example of this is the thread 'Is Lloris too good for Spurs', posted by a bloke who has decided that because we spent 186 minutes last season playing Bayer Leverkusen, we are now their fiercest rivals outside of the Bundesliga. Every self-respecting forum needs one (or two), just to keep things entertaining and to liven things up during international breaks. It's a great shame that my dear friend AKCJ disappeared from these parts after it became clear that his 'Vardy is better than Kane' thesis didn't hold up to empirical evidence. He was a true comic genius.

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Absolutely right. True genius in those match threads.

15. The RDBD

SpursDisciple likes this.
  16. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

But he scored his 50th PL goal against United on Saturday

Citizen Kane likes this.
  17. The RDBD

That is a shockingly uninformed statement.

EVERYONE knows that if either of Vardy or Mahrez had
    taken each others' penalties in 2017, they would have
    smashed Shearers' PL calendar year record and been
    miles in front of Kane.

< ... in the world. Ever >

18. Just seen this thread.

I’m disappointed that there wasn’t a “Best Yid Ambassador On The Prem Board” category!
    <whistle>

19. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Do we have an award for the worst interpretation of Martin Luther King's speeches? This is a hybrid of Winston Churchill and James Cagney. And now I can't stop giggling about MLK saying the last bit.

"....I have seen the promised land, I may not get there with you cause the copper's will never take me alive...." <laugh>

remembercolinlee likes this.
  20. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Might have to share it with @Spurlock though. You guys are fighting the fight day in and day out, probably have battle fatigue set in soon. A few of us chip in from time to time, but you two give it 24-7 (seemingly).