1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Positive thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Klopp's Mannschaft, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

So despite playing s**t, losing game upon game, scraping wins and constantly bombarded with injuries...

We're still 4 points off 4th (for now), ahead of Everton and Spuds (<laugh>) and only 2 points behind Arsenal with their savior Sanchez. If we're still in touching distance when January comes, it's not all so bad. We can address the striker issue in the window and Sturridge will be making his next comeback so we can only improve.

Rodgers looks to be learning again (albeit slower than the fans!). He's playing Gerrard higher up but also giving him rests so he comes back into the side with much more energy. Lallana is getting game time with Lambert. He's not playing Lovren and Skrtel together any more either <cracker>

Coutinho is looking a bit more lively which'll improve more when our striker situation gets back on track.

Lucas is getting another look in at DM (without Gerrard next to him) and our midfield/defense looks a little better because of it. More clean sheets.

Anfield is getting redeveloped. More spades in the ground!

I knew we're mostly a negative bunch, but things aren't beyond saving yet. Naysayers are, of course, welcome but expect to be put back in their place <ok>

2. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

Ballotelli is nearly back, he isnt injured by the way, he's gone to the football Gods to recharge his batteries

3. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

7 points from last 9 available.

We'd have obviously taken that last Saturday morning.

1 goal conceded in those games as well.

4. Unbeaten in four

Still in all four competitions (this could become a negative though <laugh>)

5. moreinjuredthanowen

Nothing wrong with anything said on this thread.... All I want in next 3 weeks is hard work and effort and let's see where it goes

6. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

We were comfortable today to be fair, if we'd have nicked it we'd be very very happy with the other results today.

Shame, but got to get over it because 2 massive games await.

Lucas was brilliant today too.

7. FedLadSonOfAnfield

I **** on your positive thread from the top of the Liver building. We're royally fooked

8. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

Great to have a positive thread. The only negative is that its very existence and the need for one brings back memories of the past seasons which we thought we had left behind last season. :bandit:

9. FedLadSonOfAnfield

I'm still on top of the Liver building curling a brown onion out all over it. :emoticon-0120-doh: <cool>

10. Hard work and effort is all I ever want. Poor performances and bad results come and go, if the players leave everything on the pitch then I'll accept it <ok>

11. FedLadSonOfAnfield

You must have had about four aneurysms today then <laugh>

12. <laugh>

You've probably seen me say this before but I rarely get angry from football nowadays. I have a expectancy pre-game and its not often the game is bad enough to piss me off. We've had some shocking games over the years but most I've anticipated happening. Last game I was truly pissed off with was the 2-0 loss to Chelsea at the end of last season; it was a game we had control of, I never expected us to lose and we wouldn't have done but for misfortune either.

13. FedLadSonOfAnfield

That Palace game for me was almost send me to the asylum time

14. carlthejackal

Just don't remind me of that match. Still the stuff of nightmares.

How did Rodgers and Gerrard not work out that all we needed was a ****ing ONE point? The sight of two of our players manhandling Mourinho early in the first half to grab the ball was just bizarre. It was Chelsea who needed the 3 points not us. I'll never forgive these two for not realising this. To this day I cannot work it out. Can anyone?

15. It was annoying but I could see it happening after going two-nil up. We just kept attacking relentlessly, it was stupid <doh>

16. It didn't help that there were a few Chelsea fans in the pub I was watching it in <laugh>

17. moreinjuredthanowen

I have worked that would... for the record it was three things

1. panic... they were deer in headlights. all the pressure was on LFC, non on cheslea. LFC knew exactly what chelsea would do but half the team expected to walk out, score early and control it. they were nervous, they were uncouth youths. Panic set in.

2. Not getting to half time... I distinctly remember gerrard on the 46th minute looking up at a 40 yard away glen johnson picking a pass he'd no need to play, completely missing his control letting the ball under his foot and only then slipping... realistically had he not "slipped" all he could do was get himself a red card.... This is typical of gerrard. At 40mins every top team would have shut that down gone in at half time at 0-0 and frankly I would HOPE they would have calmed down a bit and stopped being frantic.

3. The final point is crucial. They didn't believe. 7 point sout of 9 = title. they felt they had to win at anfield and beat cheslea and get it done before the last day.... that again was immaturity and nervousness.

In short if the roles were reversed chelsea would simply take 0-0 all day every day.

18. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

At least we're not letting in so many goals which I put down to some of the teams we've been playing - Stoke, Leicester and Sunderland, but also down to Lucas who has made things more difficult.

I don't credit the back 4 too much, but at least a clean sheet will make them feel better about themselves.

Massively so in Mignolets case too.

19. carlthejackal

Possible positives are:

We are top half of the table.
    Balo is injured,
    lambert is a fan and works hard
    Sturridge is back in January
    Sterling is getting back to form
    3 match unbeaten run
    Still in contention for a CL place (and even the title mathematically !)

(However lets not look at the negatives:

Only 7 points out of possible 12 and against palace, Stoke, Leicester and Sunderland hardly top sides)

20. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

I'm positive....positive that we're a bit **** <ok>