1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Portsmouth v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jan 22, 2021.

?

City win?

Poll closed Jan 23, 2021.
  1. City

49.1%
  2. Draw

34.0%
  3. Pompey chime

17.0%
  1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

It's a phrase you'll hear among uni age people and those of an age below that. Or when 33 year old primary school teachers are trying to look all cool and ****.

Yeah I lived in Leicester for five years smack bang in the City centre. Spent a year in Birmingham too.

2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Don't envy you. People knock Hull but I know where I would rather live.

Red top reader likes this.
  3. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

<yikes>

4. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Ethnic populous aside, Leicester didn't feel that different to Hull. They've had access to more money and the Highcross ****s all over St Stephens, but the people are just as friendly and the pubs are very good as well. Oddly enough, I missed the feeling of being near the sea in my first few weeks there, the air doesn't feel as fresh. It's a shame that many people probably won't go to Leicester outside of football or uni, there isn't really anything to draw you there unless you like pumping stations or space museums.

Birmingham was great fun, but it was far too crowded for my liking.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  5. Barchullona

Worked in Birmingham for a bit when. I was 19. Office in a square full of impressive buildings. Enjoyed it as there fans from Villa, Brum and WBA there. Or rather one older WBA fan who was having great fun as they were in the ascendancy. Never felt comfortable there for some reason. It has improved in some ways since then. But the beer was on the whole awful. Did find one place which sold proper scrumpy. Always stuck in my mind later that the pub blown up in the IRA bombings was one I had gone in a few times with blokes from work.

6. Barchullona

Something wrong with saying you prefer Hull to Leicester of Birmingham?

Tickton Tiger. and Ric Glasgow like this.
  7. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

I've not used the words gtf..... But when I believe myself to be right about something I'll certainly call out and question direction I disagree with

look_back_in_amber and Tuckin like this.
  8. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Coming from you yes :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Newland Tiger and GLP like this.
  9. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

And I'm guessing GM might do the same but, the Allams, like your boss, run the show and you and GM (and me when I worked) have to suck it up cos the boss pays the wages.

Howdentiger2 and TwoWrights like this.
  10. Barchullona

I chose to move to Hull and work there. Only left because I nearly doubled my wages. Unlike some advocates of Hull on here who chose to leave Hull and live elsewhere but still post daily about the place they left.

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It's quite unnerving, I know the feeling, I stayed a night in the Europa Hotel in Belfast during the troubles not realising until afterwards, it was the most bombed hotel in the world.

12. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I must try that, I've been watching on my Laptop.

13. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

I don't really rate him (not above Ingram anyway) but I cannot think many keepers had less to do than him on Saturday.

14. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Leicester is **** innit

15. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

I honestly don’t get that, I love this city, what makes it great for me is the people that live, work and play here. Yes there are quite a few complete ****ers that live here and some of the areas are quite hard to live in but tell me a place not only in the uk but the world that hasn’t the same crap areas. I’ve sailed all over this globe of ours, been to some of the most beautiful places on earth but for me the one and only place I’ll ever call home is Hull. We have such a rich history and if only these detractors would take the time to look it up, just maybe they would have second thoughts. Mind you they are a bit thick dawn saaaf...

16. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

You don’t install iFollow.

One of the apps is called internet.

Connect your set to your WiFi or direct via cable.

Open the internet app and use its browser to find the club website and sign in

rovertiger likes this.
  17. Barchullona

Realise that wasn't necessary after reading Sue's post. Had been trying to install it via the Internet app as you do on mobiles. Went on to the City site as she said. Hopefully it works OK next game as the video highlights keep freezing.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

18. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Agree with the above 100%. The HDM ran a piece over the week end about Hull getting a slating on a click bait website similar to the crap towns list. Supposedly there are posts from our own residents saying what a ****hole Hull is. I had a look and tried twice to post something positive and truthful about Hull and both times they wouldn't accept my post. Then I tried again but with a sarcastic theme to the post, 'a bit jokey' is what they ask for, so I dId that too. I even trying to disguise my positivity about the place but still this ****ty website wouldn't accept anything that wasn't sticking the boot in. Surprised the HDM gave it the time of day and the publicity they crave but, of course, they did.

TwoWrights, DMD and Red top reader like this.
  19. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Best left to the Grandchildren....I am absolutely useless with technology and I sometimes need to shout the Mrs if I switch the TV on and it's blank!!! HDM1,HDM 2.....If she's not in I phone a grandchild:emoticon-0121-angry

20. Barchullona

Yes but the latest article in the HDM in which it gets upset about people voting for Hull and says people should come here and see what it is like, people say that and have never been here etc, was a survey based on asking the residents of those cities. A lot of people are very disparaging about the places they live on that and similar sites.

TwoWrights and Red top reader like this.