1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Portsmouth v Accrington

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by SaintLapras, Mar 13, 2020.

1. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

You've probably seen but our match has been postponed and our team are being tested for coronavirus after arsenal's arteta has diagnosed with it.

There's also a lot of discussion about what is going to happen with the rest of the season. Postpone it and play it until the summer which will impact the euros which may end up being postponed until last year. Or write off this season, or end it as it stands, either with promotion or without.

What a messed up situation this is.

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Yeah, we have now entered uncharted territory. Its hard to imagine that things will be better in early April to resume play, so that makes things very complicated. But, they have made the right decision to pull the plug. We have to safe guard us fans, but also look after the players and staff.
    Even with no football being played, it is going to be a hot topic over the coming weeks, as the money men try and award premature trophies & not get sued for premature relegations. I wouldn't even like to guess at what they will propose. Messy.

3. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Totally messed up situation all round !!

4. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

According to the powers that be, the virus won't even have peaked by 3rd April so I can't see any football being played for a long time.

Non-League games are still being played today (Havant & Waterlooville are away to Dorking). However, if crowds of more than 500 are banned this week it will probably be their last game.

5. SaintLapras

Well at least Farnborough will be fine!

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  6. SaintLapras

Actually, turns out the southern league has postponed fixtures. Bummer, was hoping if I couldn't get to Portsmouth I could make it to Farnborough over Easter.