1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Portsmouth game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Mar 23, 2019.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

We were on the front foot for most of the first half and played some good passing football but could not finish off one of at least four very passable chances. We duly let in a poor goal defensively followed by an even worse one in the second half though we never really looked like scoring in the later part of the game. Docherty and Whalley caused them problems and we must build on that in the next three games against teams around us in the table. I have always been a fan of Beckles but he has lost confidence and become increasingly error prone recently and I would like to see Sadler come in next week on the left of the back three. I will be at Southend to help cheer the lads on and it has become a must-not-lose game if not a must-win game. What is clear is that if we continue to defend like we did today we will be plying our trade in League 2 next season.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well we had a great start to the game and could have been a couple of goals to the positive by half time however the usual frustration of shooting and not scoring continues. Pompey didn't seem to be bothered to press at all in the majority of the half and allowed us to play passing footy. It's a shame it all went to pot.

What was up with Grant, he seemed at times brilliant but then very shaky and lost focus.

3. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

There have been a lot of rumours about Grant behind the scenes (and about him leaving at the end of the season) and he played as if all was not well with him. Lets hope he gets back on track as we can knit the midfield around him as he is a very intelligent player (and he knows how to win lots of free kicks!).

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  4. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think we will see him in B&A next season if we get relegated.

Zenfootball2 likes this.