1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Portsmouth game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Dec 23, 2017.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Great second half performance saw us through to a comfortable win in the end against an in-form team. Ogogo's pressing was immense and his partnership with MOTM Nolan dominated the midfield (I keep saying this lad is better than Ryan Woods and I do hope we do not lose him next month). Whalley had an absolute stinker for once but never hid and I was pleased for him when his goal went in. I was also pleased for Payne who (like Beckles) has been the butt of some very ill-informed criticism on B and A and I loved his bow to the crowd in his goal celebration. Wigan had a spectacular result today but lets hope they start to believe their own publicity and find it much harder against us on Tuesday - I think a point there would be a great result for us. Finally a word about Henderson - one superb save from a free kick when the game was in the balance and his determination to dominate his box made him a firm favorite with the fans and lets hope we see a similar display at Wigan. By the way I thought the ref was awful today - we had two definite penalties apart from the one that was given and I did not see him even book the keeper for that one.

Matster likes this.
  2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What's enjoyable game that was!

Morris was immense up front, a real powerhouse, just needs to add more shots in order to increase his goals tally.

Ogogo was like a dog hounding every opposition player who dared to have the ball in vicinity of him.

As mentioned Henderson did one crucial save where the ball curved around a defensive wall and he dealt with it comfortably.

Things are looking up.