1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Poll: Who is worse - Andy Carroll or Edin Dzeko?

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Father_Jack_Hackett, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Sure you're not talking about Rooney minus the world cup winner?!

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Carroll is a decent player in the correct system...at the moment he is dog ****e though

3. BringBackfootie

BringBackfootie New Member

He is better than he is looking right now, he can score goals. He beat Reina from 25 yards so he has a shot on him too and gave a few CBs nightmares when playing for Newcastle, he has to up his technical side now and I tihnk that will take time, needs to work harder though, he trotted around the city half and didn't help out, after seeing Ba for Newcastle when they were 3 up working his socks off, Maybe he aint fit or something but he looks lethargic

4. Carroll is such a donkey that even the Toon don't want him back on loan <doh>

5. orly

orly Member

dzeko is a quality player. not sure how 13 goals this season so far can be seen as "bad".

6. Diadora Barnes storm

If true that Ba had a 10m release clause, maybe we should cut our losses and say to Newcastle look you can either lose him for 10m to a top 4 team and spend god knows how much replacing his or swap him for Andy and give us 5m to take the original.al fee down aswell.

Might have a dodgy knee but aslong as it lasts till the end of the season we could potentially resell in the summer minus the minimum release fee. Everyone wins as if we get say 20m it will almost be asif the whole carroll saga never happened.

For the record I think Carroll's a good player just not for Liverpool.

7. orly

orly Member

The problem with Carroll is he had 1 good season with Newcastle. Now by "good" we must remember that the entire season in question he scored 19 goals.

Hardly tried and tested. Anyone can have a good season or two and then fade away into obscurity. Andy Johnson for example.

Now i'm not saying Carroll is rubbish but he's definitely not the 35 million pound goal machine Liverpool think.

8. true_blue

true_blue Member

Have to say Father this is ridiculous. Dzeko is a decent player struggling to get a game in a glittering array of Man C forwards. Liverpool on the other hand choose to bring on Bellamy before Carroll. Enough said.

9. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

It wasn't ridiculous enough to stop Talksport putting it on their site.

10. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

11. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

I did'nt think this was serious but now I know it is, Dzeko while not great IMO is like Pele compared to Carroll who is like a modern day Tony Cascarino with teeth.