1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing a number of similar posts from places around Southampton and assume the same is going on around the country. Shame on the incumbent government who voted the act down. What a bunch of mealy mouthed masturbators they are. Same bunch that dismissed the nurses pay rise and applauded, difficult to describe the utter contempt I hold these people in.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  2. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

3. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

4. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

It's a good time for our forum to try to raise some money to feed those that can't easily feed themselves. Great idea by everyone to do this.

It's 2020. No one should go hungry or suffer hardship in trying to get food.

5. Negative Creep

Negative Creep Well-Known Member

Genuine Q.

is it just this Gov who didn’t give schools meals in holidays or has this never been done before? I see so many posts that is about Boris being a knob and not sure if it is him alone or that rightly someone has done an amazing job in using their fame and influence to highlight a great cause.

I honestly don’t know the answer and am not sure if I need to be angry just now with Boris or if I need to vent my anger further back.

6. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I’d start with the people in charge now and the people making the decisions since that person used their fame to highlight that great cause. That can affect the here and now as it’s about putting that bit right. Then we can go digging and exposing anyone who could and should have done something about it in the past, no matter what their Team colours.

Schrodinger's Cat likes this.
  7. tiggermaster

tiggermaster Well-Known Member

San Tejón and ChilcoSaint like this.
  8. Negative Creep

Thanks Fats this is kind of my point. We really shouldn’t distract with petty points scoring about what Boris is or isn’t doing but love the reality that this really could change for good and the utterly amazing work Rashford and others have done.

I think I get frustrated with the constant any excuse to bash Boris and the Gov when this is something no colour of Gov have ever bothered themselves with and finally this current one have done something and hopefully will continue to do so, whether they are pushed or not.

If Rashford is showing what getting people together can do, surely finger pointing posts achieve the opposite.

The achievements by him give me hope in humanity.

9. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

But they shouldn't have to do that. Stepping in where the government has failed is laudable, but it doesn't make the government failure any less problematic. Certain things should not be left to charity.

10. Negative Creep

I'm not disagreeing, but think you're missing my point, no Gov I believe has ever stepped yo, so why criticise this gov for not, the efforts should be to coerce them to being the first to achieve it, not petty points scoring because it is X colour Gov, that is the bit that pisses me off and undermines the achievements of what is trying to be achieved.

But then again, that doesn't get the popular vote, and is an easy target for a cheap laugh.

11. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

I agree with the finger pointing to a point (lol unintentional).

When an issue is highlighted it is up to the government at the time to find a solution. For example, we have had a weird routing issue with one of our public facing web apps at work that has been around for about a year. I've only been there 5 months, but it became my problem to fix it once I was aware of an issue.

Agreed, no one pointed the finger at me, but I was under pressure to sort it because it was affecting our customers.

I know what you mean though that we shouldn't use it as an excuse to score points against Boris and Co. Boris & Co could actually use this to their advantage if they were clever for good PR, but alas they either don't care enough or are too stupid.

12. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Liz Truss' brilliant trade deal with Japan, ( the one that is worth 0.07% of GDP) now turns out to be conditional upon the EU not already having used up the quotas! Take back control?

13. StJabbo1

We're dealing with here and now Billie. It's a disgrace in these times the needy children aren't taken care of given the millions awarded to companies unable to deliver a comprehensive and reliable test, trace and isolate program. The effects of austerity are well documented if that's where you choose to vent your spleen.

Archers Road likes this.
  14. StJabbo1

Don't care and too stupid.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  15. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

You need to ask this question?

I am so furious with Johnson who has been the root cause of so much misery with yet much, much more to come.

He is a lazy, incompetent, egotistical political opportunist and every bit the prolific liar as the dishonest dickhead across the pond.

So the answer to your question is a resounding yes you ****ing do.

StJabbo1 likes this.
  16. Negative Creep

Nah, I rather like Boris :emoticon-0115-inlov

17. Negative Creep

But the two aren’t linked, in that hungry children and money given to companies are not the same conversation. Children shouldn’t go hungry. Ever. Full stop.

And It isn’t just a disgrace that it is happening now, it is a disgrace that it ever happened, a disgrace that the last 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 years of governments, collectively, chose to do **** all about it. But as something is happening now, people choose to cheaply point score against this government, by all accounts the only ones to have started to have addressed the problems, but get **** because the problems still aren’t fixed.

This is the bit that twists my tits, because I believe far more can be achieved collectively, than by simply replacing one **** government with another **** government, which if/when labour or whoever get it, will still be the case.

18. shoot_spiderman

shoot_spiderman Power to the People

The issue is that as a country gets richer poverty should reduce. The general trend is currently the opposite and is exacerbated by this govs policies. I’ve personally never known such a problem for the ‘working poor’ in my lifetime. Used to be if you had a job then you weren’t generally ‘poor’, but then we had social housing. I went to school with plenty of kids on school dinners and they may not have eaten really well other times but I never noticed any of them actually being hungry. The pandemic has added pressure on poor families and they need support. No recent gov has been perfect but this one needs us to provide it with something akin to a conscience

19. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

We have had ten years of crippling ideoligical austerity that has affected greatly the most vunerable in society and it has been a Tory govenment that has driven it.

The poverty gap has widened greatly in this period.

20. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

We should start a civil war Billy

StJabbo1 and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.