1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

It could also be argued that Barbara Castle did the same thing with ,”In Place Of Strife” which also put the Wilson government at odds with the Trade Unions. Wilson’s second government in the 70’s restored the relationship with the Social Contract, until Thatcher came along.

2. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Had a reply from my MP, to the email I sent him.

The patronising tw@t implied that I was choosing to be offended by the Tories breaking the law, whilst ignoring the time that Blair did it.
    I put him straight on that, by saying that I don’t allow party allegiance to sway my opinion about right and wrong, legal and illegal, and neither should he.
    Told him that Blair should have been tried for war crimes and if the ensuing Tory governments had tried harder, maybe he would have been.

Then I asked him to ask one of the many lawyers he has been talking to, if they could send me a list of the laws I could break.
    Sadly he said no.
    Tw@t.

Schad, Osvaldorama and ChilcoSaint like this.
  3. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

I would argue that this measure by Bárbara Castle and Wilson was a positive one in wanting to create a good relationship all round. To my mind, no Labour administration has ever been as divisive as a Conservative oñe. Labour builds, the Tories destroy.

San Tejón likes this.
  4. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

How do I pronounce that “oñe” - is it “oner” or “ajuan” ? :)

Schrodinger's Cat likes this.
  5. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

You should have just asked him if two wrongs now make things right.

6. San Tejón

The ñ is pronounced as if a y follows the letter n, so I would pronounce it on-ye.

The Ides of March likes this.
  7. San Tejón

8. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

If there's one person who can be trusted to explain anything about the whole Brexit nightmare it's Michael Dougan. Thanks for posting that Badge.

San Tejón likes this.
  9. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

Thanks St Bad but the fundamental Borette tories will suck up whatever spaffer and the express, mail and telegraph EU hatemongering bollocks. Very few minds will be changed now even with the many tory dissenters speaking out.

San Tejón likes this.
  10. San Tejón

11. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

This made me chuckle, and it brilliantly sums up why we truly are up **** creek .....

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 18.16.27 copy.jpg

12. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

Why is it that every member of this government is sneeringly offensive and totally incompetent.

I just cannot warm to any of them.

Probably because I just cannot stand liars.

San Tejón and Saints_Alive like this.
  13. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

I thought watching Greg Clark on the Committee yesterday " why isn't this man at the centre of government?" Well the answer is clear. It's a single word beginning with B. All those who lack sight and ntelligence are on one side and the rest are on the other. I really would like to know how Suella Braverman, Brandon Lewis, Priti Patel and Gavin Williamson would otherwise qualify as competent.

14. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

They are at it again. Playin the patriotic card, this time using the Armed Forces to garner our emotions and direct our angst towards Labour.
    Here are the contents of the letter that some on here may have received in their email box.

__________ _________

Labour have called on us to pause legislation which will support and protect our soldiers and veterans.

Our Overseas Operations Bill delivers on our manifesto promise to protect our heroes from the turmoil of vexatious claims and endless investigations.

But regretfully Labour are attempting to stall this bill. Playing political games with the futures of our brave servicemen and women.

Francis Michael, if you’re as disappointed as I am by this, please add your name to protect our heroes and urge Labour to vote for this bill without delay >>

please log in to view this image

Add your Name
    By signing you’ll be standing with our Armed Forces, helping to protect our heroes for all they do to protect our nation and demanding that Labour change course.

Because right now Labour’s support of our armed forces is being exposed for what it is – a political facade.

Their delay would only serve to leave our soldiers continuing to suffer repeated and vexatious claims – something our Party will not stand for.

So, if Keir Starmer truly wants to put our servicemen and women first, he has to do the right thing and vote for this bill.

By adding your name today you can help make that happen and protect our heroes >>

I think this means that regarding all their other policies Johnson's Government has failed. But he, ho ... let's show that we are patriotic with the EU doing their dastardly thing, and Labour doing its best to undermine the Armed Forces. What will next week's patriotic themes be?

15. San Tejón

16. shoot_spiderman

shoot_spiderman Power to the People

17. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

This seems like a perfect fit for the jingoistic **** pots we have running the country .....

Wankers United.jpg

StJabbo1, San Tejón and Archers Road like this.
  18. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Lifted from another board...

19. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

20. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Slightly disappointed at Keir Starmer's interview with Marr. I think that Labour are missing an opportunity to score on Brexit, playing five at the back as it were. The very least Labour should be doing is stressing that Brexit is nothing to do with us, arguably making the case that we didn't support it and that Boris et al own the upcoming tsunami of ****e that is surely heading our way on Jan 1st.

Schrodinger's Cat and San Tejón like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)

1. Hadz13
  2. StJabbo1