1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Political Debate

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

We had this happen to us a few years back on the Engelskirchen municipal council (Gemeinderat) where a Green Party Councillor left the party and moved and sat with the CDU. it's annoying, but it happens - and could also happen in the other direction. At least these 7 have not joined, or alligned themselves to, any other party which means they will vote on their consciences independent of the party whip - which I suspect they may have done anyway. They will continue to sit on the opposition benches. Those who voted Labour in their constituencies have, of course, been cheated - because they are no longer represented by a Labour candidate and so their mandate is no longer realized. Now that there is a centre independent section in Westminster they may be joined by others - it may just be a Labour blip, or it could be the beginning of the end of our 2 main parties, only time will tell. There are many sat on the Tory benches who are closer to this group than they are to their leadership at the moment.

2. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

classic example of hypocrisy from the clique.

3. superhorns

Rude clique member.

4. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cut it out SH or I will start to use my edit buttons. Your comments through the day have been designed to wind people up with no actual content.

Hornet-Fez and yorkshirehornet like this.
  5. superhorns

Typical reaction ignore abuse from a clique member.

6. superhorns

Labour's deputy leader has warned more MPs will follow the seven if party does not tackle 'bullying and anti- semitism"

This is an admission from the top of the party, it cannot be clearer than that.

7. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I do not consider you calling another poster a lout respectful of that person. That is my judgement that you can take or leave, but don't forget you are on a warning from earlier.

8. superhorns

You obviously did not read his post or is being part of the clique gives licence to abuse.?

9. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I have read all the posts and came to a conclusion.

10. superhorns

:emoticon-0136-giggl

11. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Makes the folly of the LD's trying to reign in the excesses of the tory party all the more galling - both they, and the country, are paying the price for this lunacy.
    The religious nut jobs across the Irish Sea are much more suited bedfellows for the likes of the smog git and his cohorts.

12. superhorns

David Lammy has warned the split in the Labour Party could keep them out of power for a generation. Meanwhile Tom Watson has admitted "I sometimes no longer recognise my party" Damning words indeed.

Can somebody please take Soubry from us......please.

13. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

PM was this afternoon warned by Amber Rudd, David Gauke, Greg Clark & David Mundell she faces resignation of 22 ministers & members of Govt over no-deal Brexit.

In a meeting in No 10 they urged her to publicly commit to extending A50 in the event a deal cannot be reached.

22 Ministers of the government sounds rather more serious than 7 Labour back benchers.

14. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

A Tory minister and four Conservative backbenchers appear poised to defect to the new Independent Group set up by disgruntled Labour MPs, it has been claimed.

Describing the breakaway group as ‘remarkably sensible people’, the minister told the Telegraph he was prepared to join the new party if the government presses ahead with a no-deal Brexit.

15. superhorns

The gang of seven will have as much influence as the previous gang of four. Most Conservatives would welcome a chance to get shot of the few rebels who are much more suited to wishy washy Lib Dem politics.

16. superhorns

clear out the dead wood. There is an abundance of quality Tory MPs ready to defend the democratic result of Brexit and serve in the government.

17. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I don't often take notice of Farage, but he was claiming last week that brexit could realign UK politics, especially when some of the right wing Tories join up with him.

18. superhorns

The Momentum led Labour Party has instantly repaired the damage of seven moderate MPs ditching the party by readmitting Derek Hatton after 34 years. The disgraced former Trotskyist ex Militant tendency leader has finally rejoined the Labour Party after being chucked out for irregularities of Liverpool Council funds. Labour moderates have described the move as "disgraceful" One Labour MP described the event as a "**** day made even ****tier".

19. Keep the bad language off the thread please. <whistle> In all seriousness it seems a very bizarre move and I have no idea how anyone thinks it helps the party.

20. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

What right do the Labour Party have to deny entry to somebody because of events which happened 34 years ago ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.