1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Political Debate

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3. superhorns

It must be easy in France with the far right becoming the most popular political party for the European elections.

Remind me again how Macron, who you hailed as new centre political force, is doing?

4. superhorns

Macron's popularity falls to 25 percent: poll - yahoo.com

Only 4% are 'very satisfied' with Macron,
    39% 'mostly dissatisfied' with Macron.

After yesterdays riots could his popularity sink to zero?

5. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I am afraid that this is not worth debating with you as you are on the outside looking in and seeing what you want to see. If you could understand what the ordinary people were saying on the news, you would find out about the anger that exists against the extreme right of Le Pen sending in the rioters to take over the peaceful protests. She was on the news today, did you see it, and refused to condemn the violence. It was a peaceful protest until she thought she could gain advantage from the situation.
    When you can keep up, maybe I will debate it with you, but until then I will ignore it.

6. I was watching the football in the pub earlier. A few people were moaning about Liverpool's goal. Two Liverpool fans (when we control our border can we make sure people like that are kept out of London please?) started talking about Tottenham's penalty. Totally irrelevant and exactly SH's MO. Mind, Cologne's no better.

7. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Not sure I understand what you're getting at here Dan ?

8. You've spent the last two years criticising Britain as being full of racists. You're the flip side of SH in my view.

9. colognehornet

I think you need to bring up a few examples here so that I know what you're talking about.

10. I'm not trawling through posts. If you don't think you've continually commented about racism and xenophobia in the UK then fine. Maybe I'm being but I seem to recall it being a theme. We'll leave it there as I'm clearly wrong.

11. superhorns

What you cannot deny is France is experiencing the worst riots for 50 years. Macron is extremely unpopular with very few having any faith in him whatsoever. Are you now saying that Le Pen's far right party is not now favourite to win the European elections?

Even with Brexit it is good to know the UK's political scene is much less volatile than many of our neighbours in the EU. I appreciate you would rather criticise the UK than see the massive flaws in France.

12. We have a massive hole in our roof and you're focussing on someone's flower beds. Plus can change

13. colognehornet

It would be wise to leave it there Dan, because I haven't a clue what you are talking about. Either find a post which you are referring to, so that I can answer this, or knock it on the head.

14. colognehornet

Still waiting Dan - if it has been 'Continually' done then you shouldn't have to trawl through that many posts in order to find one.

15. You said to knock it on the head.

Edit - you said leave it there. Fine.

16. colognehornet

Unfortunately the damage has been done. Quote me one post which justifies your remarks and I will gladly answer for the post, and to the context in which it was written. Fail to do that and you owe me an apology.

17. Damage <rofl> its not the courts of justice. I cannot be arsed to trawl through posts. But I am pretty convinced you regularly talk about Britain being racist. still I don't have anything right now so of course -you can have an apology.

18. colognehornet

Well go out and bloody well find something which incriminates me in this way or shut up !

19. I thought I had apologised and shut up. Oh well.

20. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.