1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Police Yesterday

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Newland Tiger, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

What was with the totally over the top police presence at the KC yesterday ?

Do the club pay for that or the tax payer ?

2. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

they need that many to hold the camcorder if it kicks off...

3. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

The coppers and Cooper's croanies worry about most things, even a taxi full of Millwall fans.

4. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

At times I don't think the OB or the club can win .

If a load of Millwall had turned up unexpectedly ( this does happen you know) and wreaked havoc everyone would be moaning about the Police not being on top of the situation.

It was Millwall, Millwall have wrecked our stadium before and quite recently to boot.
    What did you expect ?
    Personally I didn't have a problem with it.

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Wrecked the stadium? :cheesy::cheesy:

They broke some chairs.

The Police could and should have dealt with it that day, but chose not to. They were incompetent on the day and played a part in events escalating. Pre-match, Millwall fans bounced into the North stand and over towards the virtually empty East Stand. There were no Police and only one or two stewards. The people in the East stood laughing at these ruffians, shuffled back onto the concourse not knowing how to deal with it.

Once the Police arrived and the Millwall fans saw they were protected behind a line useless articles who wouldn't do anything, the performance started.

Yesterday's Policing was disgusting by any standards but especially in the current economic climate. Someone needs to have a better look at their allocation of resources because whoever's doing it at the moment is ****e.

6. Carmine Galante.

Disgusting, how ?

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

We all knew on here that they had sold 161 tickets by yesterday and Millwall aren't allowed pay on the gate, so it was all a bit over the top.

8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

There's a lot of money spent on Police Intelligence to find out about the potential for trouble and to use resources accordingly. Anyone reading a messageboard could have determined they didn't need the numbers they had yesterday never mind someone with access to Met Police Intel.

Someone will be in need of Police assistance in the next few days and won't get it due to a lack of resources as they were wasted due to incompetence.

9. Carmine Galante.

That's a very simplified way of looking at it IMO.

My mate , who 's a copper ,worked the game yesterday.It should have been one of his days off.

He'll get a Monday or Tuesday early shift back in lieu when the demand for service is low.

Most of the bobbies wouldn't have been on overtime yesterday.
    They have their rest days cancelled and have to claim them back later.

10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Where I sat, half a dozen Police stood restricting access to the concourse in an area where they've never been needed at any time since the stadium opened. The stewards have rarely needed to speak to anyone other than polite chatter.

Because their time was wasted, as you point out, there will be six shifts light of Police later this week when they will be probably be needed. This could so easily have been avoided.

That, I find disgusting.

11. Carmine Galante.

In all fairness I was in the South stand yesterday so didn't see any of that.

I saw 4 coppers stood just outside the south stand and the ones in the tunnel in the NE corner.

How many do you reckon were on duty?
    I know it's a bit of a daft question but just a rough guess?

12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Far too many.

13. greene

greene Well-Known Member

My sources tell me there were 12 British Transport police sitting in First class on the Hull train back down to London after the game. All ten Millwall fans they were accompanying were all sitting in standard. Nice work if you can get it!

14. johnfirth

johnfirth Active Member

Are you over in England again for christmas Greeney or is this a different Greene?

15. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I thought that I had missed the start of the game it was so quite in Walton Street.
    The problem is that no matter what the old bill did, it would have been wrong. The planning for the game would have been set in place weeks ago and it would not be possible to scale it back.
    The transport police don't actually pay to travel on a train do they and no matter how few the numbers, the fact that there was a presence on the. Train is no bad thing.
    I don't like over policed games but at least we don't have the nonsense that Portsmouth and Southampton had today. No independent travel!

16. greene

greene Well-Known Member

I'm not but J and A are. They are doing 14 games in 20 days. The youngest and I didn't have the appetite for that. Started on Weds - Fulham v Odense, Friday - Barnet v Cheltenham. Yesterday, day trip to Hull for the Millwall game. At the Tottenham game today. She's not yet 20 and is 25% of her way to doing the 92.

17. Tyler

Tyler Active Member

Half a dozen police standing around you say ? Disgusting. BTP sitting on a train ? The bastards.

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

They shut the bar on the train due to it carrying Millwall fans, though apparently there were actually less then ten of them on it, that is a bit of overkill.

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

They shut the bar on the train due to it carrying Millwall fans, though apparently there were actually less then ten of them on it, that is a bit of overkill.

20. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

O/T slightly but a week last Friday i went round town for a few. There were about 16 coppers and a sniffer dog going round the old town pubs searching for drugs. I was in Revolution and they dragged one young lad out in handcuffs- he was protesting, "Ive just got a joint in my pocket thats all mate". What a waste of money. Major heroin dealers dont do deals in pub toilets. God knows what the dog would have done in Bass House back in the day.