1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Podcasts

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by DHCanary, Jul 12, 2018.

1. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Seems like there's several on here who listen to a variety of F1 podcasts, figured it might be nice to have a thread discussing what people have listened to, and what they thought.

Has anybody else tried the new, official F1 podcast? "Beyond the Grid" is Tom Clarkson (of BBC background) interviewing drivers. Two episodes so far, Hamilton and Kubica. He gets a decent interview out of Hamilton, but the Kubica one is truly something else. Utterly fantastic, can't recommend it highly enough!

I've also tried:

Missed Apex - The host can be an acquired taste, but they have excellent contributors like Joe Saward. The episodes with Joe and Matthew Carter (ex-CEO of Lotus-Renault) are excellent.

The NR F1 podcast
    - Norfolk based F1 podcast, bit heavy on jingles and low on mic quality, but not bad discussions.

Box of Neutrals - Aussie F1 podcast, a lot more light-hearted and entertaining, rather than in depth. Their shows seems to take a while to come out, which means I've usually moved on from the race by the time it comes out.

3Legs4Wheels - Seriously lengthy post-race discussion of every team, etc. Often longer than 2 hours, so I don't listen to them all the time. They have some good features like a "guess the driver" section, and for those that play F1 2017, a weekly challenge.

Any others out there people have tried?

2. easynic150

easynic150 New Member

The BBC Checkered Flag podcast. Presented by Jenny Gow, Jolyon Palmer and Jack Nicholls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

Not listened to any since F1 Rejects went mammaries up.

4. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

I listen to the BBC one with Jenny Gowe etc .

Thanks DHC , will have a listen to the others .

I also recommend Marc Priestly's Vlogs .