1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread PNE v Hull City AFC

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by themaclad, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

-> Do you think he wanted Magennis playing wide right? Probably not given that he's a striker.
    When he brought Magennis in, he said he could play him as a CF or out wide. Said same about Balogh (no, really).

-> It was obvious to anyone that we needed a proven replacement goal scorer.
    Hang on, he's brought in Eaves, Magennis, Balogh, Wilks ... How many more chances does he get?

16 players signed yet no midfield general, no captain, and apparently no goal scorers.

Wednesday night is not do or die, but another loss and it's a relegation battle for sure. I think we will win btw.

Here's hoping Duffen's attendance was significant. It's the hope .....

newlandcasual and amberman8 like this.
  2. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

I was thinking more on the lines of the clubs transfer policy, the Allams talk of sustainability, bringing down the debt and balancing the books. They have hit 20 a few times Maguire, Robertson, and Bowen for example. My guess is that their plan is to buy lets say 10 young up and coming and hope that one or two turns out to be the big treble tops and not 1 or 5's

3. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

No goal scorers? Wilks has 3 in four games. He looks a decent signing. Eaves scored a hat trick the other week.

kingstontiger likes this.
  4. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

The team has been bleeding talent over the past two years and most of the new signings are really just like sticking plasters trying to stem the wound. Personally I will be glad if we get to the end and are still in the Championship. We have been going backwards since Bruce left and it’s bloody depressing. Even Mr Positive hold not cut it in the end. It’s easy to turn a championship squad into a L1 squad and that’s what we have done. We might have made a few decent signings but I see no sign of any real ambition and you can’t blame Terry for that. Papa said he signed Bruce because he knew nothing about running a football club. Look at the players Bruce and Stan T. found for decent money. They knew what they were doing. Neither the old man or the lad has a clue.

5. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

I'm not a great believer in knee-jerk changes of manager. I tend to believe you should have a replacement lined up before a change is considered, and if you cant get a better one, then stick with what you've got. However, if I owned a team and considered myself £50 mil down, I'd be getting a tad worried at the moment.

amberman8 and Godrevy Buoy like this.
  6. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of Balogh. I know he put a half chance into row Z yesterday but at least he was in the right place at the right time then and on one or two other occasions.

7. Off The Line

Off The Line Well-Known Member

Tbf the Rotherham match feels like a lifetime ago.

8. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

Funeral itself is an anagram of real fun. Tasteless but true.

Hulot likes this.
  9. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

It wasn't row Z. I was on Row 10 and I tipped it over the imaginary bar above my head. Now it might have landed in Row Z from there but it wasn't Balogh's fault that his terrible shot ended up there.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Plum and spesupersydera like this.
  10. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

On Radio Lancashire after the game, Stockley, one of their players, said he thought the first one was more of a penalty than the one that was given and that had influenced the ref to give it. It looked soft from where I was but it was right at the other end of the pitch so I really couldn't say for sure. I've not watched it back yet.

Newland Tiger likes this.

11. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

That’s what I thought at the time. The referee gave a penalty penalty after bottling the first, more giveable decision.

12. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

It looked like he went down very easily from where I was. Still, it's gone now.

13. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

He did go down easily, that's what they do to 'win' penalties. Magennis should know that and shouldn't have got involved.

14. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

am i still getting carried away?

i mean losing at home to leeds 4-0 is unforgivable
    our team is absolutely garbage
    imho we need a miracle to stay up

lost to barnsley at home for godsake
    im always right god god sake.

bowen was literally 60% of our goals

long burke, de wijs are ****e, on what basis do you think they are good as 'most of the championship'?
    championship is tough

trust me, i know what i see in football, im almost always right

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He was literally 36% of our goals (50% if you include assists).

And everyone was aware that Bowen would be a massive loss, literally everyone.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.