1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

PNE preview

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Nov 1, 2017.

1. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, we won!

Time for lunch!

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  2. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Valuable win. Lets move into the business half of the season and crack on . Lucky to have Celina, and McG on twinkle toes form.

Only 6 months of MM and he is off!

3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Woohoo we beat a team above us for the first time this season!

4. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Haha yeah I wouldn't go advertising that fact if I were you gaffer....<whistle>

Spanish and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  5. whitestallionblue73

whitestallionblue73 Active Member

Great second half. In fairness to Town, they are not boring this season (goals going in) 15 games gone and no boring 0-0 draws in sight.
    And despite the defeat against the Unmentionables just over a week ago back in front of them in the Table again..:emoticon-0170-ninja

6. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Great win good 3 points.....but I'm imo we played better against Norwich.

7. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Absolute crap first half (barring the goal) better second but (churlish I know)3-0 rather flattered us.Still a good win is a good win:emoticon-0103-cool:.

8. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

GET IN 3 points, much needed win! Well done lads, a point off top 6 before the international break with Huws to come back!

Celina is starting to play 90, scoring a lot and contributing.

Lets the haters, hate. Well done all. International break, players hopefully fitter, and ready to go for the season defining part of the season.......

9. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Just because we haven't had any draws doesn't mean we're not boring because despite the win our performances have been pretty dull on the whole this season and the past 2 before that also!!

10. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Have to say I couldn't really care less if the performances don't please people hugely, we've had many an injury and are well placed with Huws to come back after the international break.

We have a very potent front 4 - which we really need to figure out a way to get the best out of, and are finally getting a back 4 together.

It's not going to be sexy footy - will we last the course? Who knows. But some of what I read on the web - namely TWTD is just utterly laughable.

Quite like listening to Benjamin Bloom's thoughts after a game on youtube- never a meltdown if we win, never we're gonna win the league if we win. Nice insightful balanced comments.

11. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

First goal was going to be key if we had bagged on the couple of chances we had we'd have won we didn't and we didn't. Once the third went in your lads sat back and waited for our ever so pedestrian build up to threaten your goal. We may have a team for the return

12. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

I for 1 do care about the performance. I would go and watch Ipswich play if they were in the national league providing they played the sort of football I want to watch. This will not happen under the current regime which is why I have not been to a game for 2 years. I do miss it but won’t waste my money on safety 1st, negative football.

itfcptc and Bigalreigned like this.
  13. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I have had the same seat for about ten years and it is very noticeable that quite a few of the long standing regulars have not renewed over the last Season or two.When I have seen them they all say it is because they stopped enjoying the "football" served up and would rather spend their time/money doing something more entertaining.Does'nt it tell you something ME??

itfcptc likes this.
  14. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

People have difficult stressful jobs and want to be entertained when spending their hard earned cash. It's been about 10 years since we've had that on a consistent basis at the club and that simply isn't good enough, hence why the attendances are low and there Mick is getting stick despite on paper actually developing a half decent team and we're doing okay in the table. But heading to Ipswich every week you're pretty much guaranteed to be bored senseless.

What kind of message does this show to potential young supporters if they turn up and see games like we've witnessed week after week. As I've said before if i'd been taken to a game now as a 4 year old I don't think I would've got into football, let alone supported Ipswich.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.