1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic PNE News

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, Sep 13, 2017.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Fulham at home a TV spectacular kick off 12 30

2. themaclad

Rafferty now in squad at the expense of Wickham

3. themaclad

Beat Rochdale 2-0 in Lancs Cup

4. themaclad

Riis new contract

barnetpne likes this.
  5. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

Riis, raw talent but starting to come good, especially if supplied by McCann and Maquire and Barkhuisen.

6. themaclad

Albion and Stoke away moved for TV

7. themaclad

Following his first month as manager at Preston North End, Ryan Lowe has now finalised his coaching team to take the club forward.

First team coaches Mike Marsh and Paul Gallagher, goalkeeper coach Mike Pollitt and analysts Charlie Ager and Daniel Atkinson will form Ryan's coaching team.

The above means that both Steve Thompson and Jack Cudworth have left their roles with the club, and they leave with our thanks and best wishes.

8. themaclad

Huddersfield game on Sky

9. themaclad

10. themaclad

Swansea back to a 3pm kick off

11. themaclad

Ledson To Miss Remainder Of Season
    2 Hours ago

please log in to view this image

Manager Ryan Lowe has confirmed Ryan Ledson will miss the remainder of the season as he is set to undergo an operation on a knee injury.

The Preston North End midfielder has been struggling with a recurring problem during the current campaign and the operation is set to clear up those issues, but he is not expected to return before the end of the season.

It is hoped that this procedure will mean that Ryan can make a full recovery prior to the squad’s return to pre-season in June.

out.stream powered by ADITION

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “His knee’s fine in a way, but ultimately he needs another little bit of a clear out in there and I couldn’t risk Ryan until the end of the season by putting him into a game.

“I wouldn’t have been able to live with myself if he was to take a nasty injury or challenge and that would be Ryan, so I took it out of his hands.

“I said ‘go and get the operation as soon as you possibly can’ and he’s due to get the operation in ten days’ time I think it is.

“That will see him finished now until the end of the season and then hopefully we can get Ryan back as himself, 100 per cent, for pre-season and we’ll have the Ryan Ledson who everyone has seen what he does.”

Everyone at PNE would like to wish Ryan a speedy recovery.

12. themaclad

Fulham game moved a day to a Tuesday night, Blackburn game moved 2 days to a Monday

13. themaclad

Rudd retired due to injury

14. themaclad

Preston North End can regrettably confirm that Declan Rudd has had to retire from football due to a knee injury.

The 31-year-old, who has made 196 appearances over three separate stints with PNE, has undergone several operations on his knee during the last 18 months in an attempt to enable him to return to playing regular football.

Despite the surgeries and rehabilitation, it became clear that Dec would be unable to continue his career and he was forced to make the difficult decision to retire.

PNE supporters will get the opportunity to thank the goalkeeper for his service to the club on Tuesday evening as he and his family will be in attendance for the home game against Blackpool where he will be presented on to the pitch.

Dec said: “I’ve known for a while now so I’ve had a bit of time to let it sink in, but I wouldn’t say I’ve quite come to terms with it.

“It’s a big thing that was always a possibility but one I hoped wouldn’t happen. Everybody wants to finish on their terms and I thought that I still had my best playing days to come, but unfortunately it’s stopped too early.

“The worst thing is I haven’t had the chance to say bye to the players, the staff or the fans yet, so it’ll be nice to get back to Deepdale.

“The last time I played at Deepdale was for the Liverpool game in a full house, so it’s not a bad game to have as your last appearance, but it’ll be nice to go back there to thank everyone because they’ve all been brilliant with me, the fans especially.

“Everyone always stuck by me, so that’s why I wanted to come back five or six years ago, because it just felt like a club I belonged at.”

The Norfolk-born shot-stopper began his career as a young boy with Norwich City and came through the ranks at Carrow Road, eventually turning professional with the Canaries and he would go on to feature in the Premier League on 14 occasions.

His first spell at Deepdale came during the 2013/14 campaign on loan from Norwich and he returned the following term on a season-long loan.

After then returning south to play for his parent club, as well as spending a year with Charlton Athletic, Dec joined North End permanently in 2017, going on to establish himself as the No.1 at Deepdale.

Dec has also made a significant impact off the pitch over the years too by playing a key part in the community, being named as the club’s Community Player of the Year for the past two years.

Manager Ryan Lowe added: “I’m obviously gutted for him. First and foremost, goalkeepers can often go for forever and a day, so for Dec to have to retire at the age of 31 is obviously disappointing for him and disappointing for us.

“Secondly, I’m disappointed myself that I didn’t have the opportunity to work with him because I believe and I know that he was a fantastic lad to work with and a fantastic goalkeeper, representing Norwich and obviously Preston North End over the years.

“But the most important thing is his health. I said to him the most important thing is that you can still run around with your kids at home, that’s the main thing.

“He’ll be sadly missed in the football world and at Preston North End because he’s a good bloke as well as a quality goalkeeper.”

Everybody at Preston North End would like to thank Dec for his contribution to the club over the years and we wish him all the very best for the future.

15. barnetpne

Sad news. A really good goalie having to retire in his prime. Wish him well. It leaves NE in a pickle too. Iverson back to Leicester and to wealthier clubs probably, Riply and Hudson not up tp the mark. and NE needing money for a striker and full backs.

16. themaclad

Barnsley 12.30 kick off

17. barnetpne

18. themaclad

Match Report: Fleetwood Town 2 PNE Reserves 3
    Just now

please log in to view this image

@pnefc

Preston North End reserves were crowned Central League champions with a 3-2 victory over Fleetwood Town.

The hosts, who were league leaders at kick-off, got themselves an early lead through Danny Edwards, before Harry Nevin drew level just before half-time.

O'Neill then scored a double in the second half to put North End in control and, despite a late scare after an injury-time goal from Edwards, PNE held on for the victory.

out.stream powered by ADITION

It was mainly a side made up of U19s, as well as Tom Barkhuizen stepping up his return from injury, and PNE knew only three points would seal the league title, with any other result meaning Fleetwood would finish top.

It was a frantic start to the game, with the hosts nearly taking the lead inside two minutes, as a short pass-back to James Pradic was intercepted, but Nevin came up with a vital block to deny an early opener.

After Pradic then saved a deflected Max McMillan effort and a trialist headed wide from close range, Fleetwood eventually took the lead on eight minutes, with Edwards firing low across the face of goal and into the far corner.

North End came close to levelling on 16 minutes, as Joe Rodwell-Grant saw his shot saved and as the ball fell to Barkhuizen he couldn’t quite direct his effort on target from close range.

PNE were growing into the game and they got their reward just before the break, with an Aaron Bennett corner not being dealt with by the goalkeeper, and Nevin slammed home from six yards to draw level going into half-time.

There was a close call for PNE inside the opening few minutes of the second half, as Edwards looked like he had an open goal to put his side back in front, but a last-ditch clearance denied him.

On 54 minutes, Seary was found with a fantastic ball over the top and the referee pointed to the spot after the wing back was brought down in the area by Drew Baker, and after O’Neill’s penalty was saved, he rushed to the goalline to get the rebound and poke home.

O’Neill then got his second almost ten minutes later, as another long ball from Dana Amaral found Seary, who in turn chipped the ball into O’Neill, and the attacking midfielder slammed home first time.

PNE could have had more before the final whistle, with the likes of Aaron Bennett and Ethan Walker having chances to kill the game off, but it was the hosts who got a late goal through Edwards as he tapped home from close range.

He then so nearly drew level but Pradic somehow got a fingertip to it to earn the victory which saw North End hold on to their lead to become Central League champions.

PNE line-up: Pradic; Olosunde, Nevin (Mawene, 84), Best (Slater, 73); Seary, Amaral, Bennett, O’Neill, Coulton; Rodwell-Grant, Barkhuizen (Walker, 45 (Holland-Wilkinson, 86)). Subs not used: Lombard.

Fleetwood Town line-up: Donaghy; Thiam, Hoyle, Baker, Trialist A; Thompson, White (Khela, 76), Raffie; Edwards, Trialist B, Edwards. Subs not used: Rees, Smith, Morrison, Leggett.

Referee: Mr S Robinson.

19. barnetpne

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2022/may/pne-u18-seal-league-and-cup-double/
    Preston North End U18 have sealed the Youth Alliance League and Cup double thanks to a 4-1 victory away to Luton Town!

North End, who were crowned league champions in April, went to Kenilworth Road on Tuesday night and got the better of Merit League 2 champions Luton Town to clinch the double.

The sides went into the break level after Josh Seary’s 36th-minute strike was cancelled out before half-time, however goals from Finlay Cross-Adair, Mikey O’Neill and Aaron Bennett earned the victory for Nick Harrison’s side.

Everyone at PNE would like to congratulate the young lads for their fantastic achievements this season.

A full match report and highlights will follow on PNE.Com on Wednesday.

themaclad likes this.
  20. themaclad

Vincent Kompany game now on Sky same date 8 pm boot off