1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Plymouth - Shrewsbury

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Lenny, Mar 13, 2012.

1. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

do the pilgrims so dislike ginsters pasties because it reminds them of the bad old days, when in reality it was the bunch of amateur directors who ran the club into the ground and it is them they should hate.

at least james brent and co have their heads screwed on as they want to see the club in profit boosted by concerts and events etc at home park. good luck to them the club and the green army

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No atcham we dislike Ginsters because they are nothing like a pasty should be. In fact they are nothing like a pasty at all. There there notdistant, don't upset yourself we should all be used to this by now.

3. atcham jack

so who do you have on your shirts now. i saw the bbc james brent interview recently. he has his head switched on. i hate to think what would have happened to argyle with the gibralter based irish mob in charge

4. atcham jack

so apart from home made, does any cornish baker make a decent pasty. there is a company in ottery st mary who make nice pies and pasties, but that is made in devon

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not that you can get your hands on a replica shirt but the logo should now be BOND.

There is a thread on a site called Argyle Talk Democratic which was done a couple of weeks ago I think where there are a thousand and one pasty makers and shops recommended by one or another across both Devon and Cornwall. The general consensus is that Ginsters doesn't qualify for pasty status on there either.

6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well my prediction is a 3 -2 home win after being 2 nil down.

7. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Was Devon Savories mentioned on there (stir <laugh>) ? We used to have one in Shrewsbury, I think they were only in a few places in the country. Admittedly they weren't too bad for some of the things they made. The Square and Compass in Worth Matravers http://squareandcompasspub.co.uk/, Dorset does a quality pint and only serves lovely pastys for food <ok>

8. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Devon Savouries - lovely! <ok>

9. Matster

Forum Moderator

Plymouth 1 v 2 Shrewsbury
    Collins, McAllister
    Att 7100

Come on you blues, breath on 'em Salop!

10. atcham jack

well played plymouth 3 good points for argyle. no serious damage done for shrews. chelt and swindon taken apart. southend crawley and gulls progress.

11. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

the shrews are bottling it <laugh><laugh><laugh>

12. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Come on Town.. I don't care what 'promising form' Argyle were on, if we can't beat the 2nd/3rd team from the bottom then how the @%&* are we supposed to get out of this league? No disrespect to Pilgrims who it sounded like desrved their win, have a bigger stadium and fanbase than us.

But boo-hoo <steam>

13. atcham jack

the gas have a broken record about bottling. do hope the wobblers are not following suit. as for shrews we are pissing the league, remind me where the wobblers are. having helped plymouth we return to full duties on tuesday

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

A pasty (nothing to do with Ginsters), a pint and a 1 - 0 win on a Saturday afternoon. Do you realise how few of the hattrick we have had this season.

Was a decent match for a change and your's is a decent side. Having watched most teams now this season it isn't hard to see how you are up where you are. No bullshit just because we won and you seem to be a friendly bunch. Genuinely I think the Shrews are a good side with a lot of good players. On another day we would have caved in and you would have gotten something out of the match. Was just our day is all and I think chances wise it was pretty much evens all around. Your keeper must be in hinding tonight though as it was his howler that gave us the result.

I have to back Torquay to go up this season as they are a Devon side and we quite like our little neighbours. But, I wish you all the very best for the rest of the season and hope you can at least make the play offs and win it at Wembley. I do mean that. Most opposition supporters I have come across this season have been a bit up their own rear ends and have kind of looked down on us and not just from a league position point of view. You crowd on the other hand have been very jovial and can obviously give and take banter in a proper manner. Works for me so go get em Shrews. Just make sure Crawley and that fat useless rodent Evans doesn't win anything.

15. Matster

Forum Moderator

From the Shropshire radio commentary it sounded like it was all yours apart from 10 mins before the first goal and the last ten minutes of the game. Our team seemed to forget how to play.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

16. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

very gracious in defeat there matster<ok>

17. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

I was not there but this is a disastrous result for us - it is a mystery to me why we have won so few games away when we look a better side overall than last year. We have thrown away the initiative in the race for second place and now have to beat Cheltenham (a very good away side) to scramble back into the top three. The lack of a real quality reinforcement during the loan window when many of our rivals were strengthening may cost us dear. Come on Salop - I have no stomach for watching us struggling in the play-offs again.

18. atcham jack

lo and it came to pass the shrews came to grief in devon. a great win for plymouth to recover form at the base from. verily verily i say unto unto non believers, town are in 4 th place with a game in hand, and we have the delight of a kocked out old lot of nearleys and hasbeens visiting us on tuesday. then we need 3 point. lo and isay unto you if on tuesday we still have a lemon or 2 up front then the great reedemer gt need to replace up front, with bradshaw
    who at the fag end of the season may shew the shros up front how t'is done quit worrying have faith the shrews are still there they need 20 points from 10 games

19. tinned hats

tinned hats Member

you haven't met Jenny yet!!

20. tinned hats

tinned hats Member

not the end of the world, we are playing well enough to bounce back.......