1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Plymouth - Shrewsbury

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Lenny, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ginsters sit in the same bracket as Pot Noodles - :emoticon-0149-no:

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Matster, you seriously need a trip to plymouth or to move further away from Wales.

Now we have established that Ginsters is not food as we know it. But, to bracket it with pot noodles is plainly insane. A completely different type of food and in a nice plastic pot you can re-use for loads of different things after you've emptied it. Total bargain if you ever watched Blue Peter as a child and ideal for a snack when you are in danger of burning the house down when getting home from the Inn.

3. Matster

Forum Moderator

I should have included Frey Bentos pies in that mini list <doh>:emoticon-0119-puke:

I would love a trip to Plymouth, can't afford the time away at the mo though :(

There's nowt wrong with Shropshire, beautiful county that we keep quietly to ourselves. We let all of the pesky Londoners head down your way.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I believe some years ago it was possible to be deducted points twice if you were in administration in successive seasons but this was considered unfair - for example, there's obviously a big difference between going into administration ONCE starting in one season and coming out the next season and going into administration twice or multiple times.

We went into administration once, in 2010/2011 and came out of it in 2011/12, so we suffered one deduction. We wouldn't have been relegated in 2010/2011 based on our playing record, having gained 52 points, which would have left us 19th, so the the deduction was applied last season to make us 23rd & put us down. I think if we'd gone down on our own, the deduction would have been applied THIS YEAR.

The rules are now that there are defined "events" which trigger a points deduction - if you go into administration and come out normally it's just one deduction but if there are repeat offences you can suffer additional penalties. Once is enough for the fans, I can tell you!

PS just spotted the reference to Ginsters. There's only one word, DON'T, EVER. OK two words.

The only proper pasties in the world were my Mum's but the legally binding rules are:

potatoes & swede/turnip sliced NOT EVER DICED,
    onion,
    a proper but relatively fatty beef cut to make the juice e.g. skirt CUBED, NOT EVER MINCED, NOT SOME DISGUSTING RECLAIMED OFFAL SUBSTITUTE
    a small cube of butter to add to the gravy from the beef fat,
    salt & pepper,
    Devonport naval grade armour plate pastry crimped at the side, NOT SOME FLUFFY PUFF MATERIAL, NOT CRIMPED AT THE TOP EVER [unless it's me making them as I have a special dispensation i.e. I'm useless].

A special process goes on during the cooking process which I can't divulge which renders all proper pasties low-fat, low-cal, anti-oxidant and generally nutritious & entirely safe for repeat and multiple consumption.

You will note Ginsters fail to meet these statutes in several respects, as indeed do many "shop pasties" which are universally reviled across Cornwall and the civilised areas of Devon.

These binding world pasty making regulations can be surprisingly contentious in the South West so I will now retire to a safe distance before the flak starts flying.

5. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

ginsters must be very popular around the country, judging by the number of samways brothers/ginster lorries motoring up and down the m5, did they not used to be argyle's sponsors. personaly i like a well made pasty with the right ingredients, it is a wholesome meal. sliced veg and an element of decent meat is essential. original pasties did have a crimped crust for miners and others to hold

6. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Spot on Distant but omit the butter for me personally....even the old Torpoint Ferry pasties were better than Ginsters, that's saying something! Lol.

7. atcham jack

advance weather warning for saturday---a very very wet day forcast for the game. a good time for shrews to get to fairbourne sands for some advanced paddling to acclimatise themselves for what will come on saturday. rowland our chairman has waterproofs organised for his hipflask. floreat salopia , come on you shrews, breath on 'em

8. atcham jack

just in case it goes tits up for 1 of us on saturday, try 2,13.33,34,38 and 44 on the lotty

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Thanks for the reminder about the shirt logo atcham jack. Was that really necessary? Thanks also for the pressure on the loto numbers for Saturday. If I don't do them and you win the prize on your own I would be just so pissed off. Good job it's only you and me who read this website or everyone would be onto it. Promise me you won't tell anyone else. The only numbers I will really be interested in is Argyle 2 - 1 Shrewsbury though.

10. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Argyle 2-1 Shrewsbury............does that include playing 10 mins of over time........plenty of time still to lose then sensible.

11. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ginsters must have a good sales network.......all the Supermarkets up here sell them.........they look well presented in their wrapping........probably helps.

12. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Nothing prepares you for what's inside though Plym <yikes>

13. atcham jack

ok dig this kids, aj had a ginsters pasty for lunch today and he is writing this old cobblers, ooh sorry should not mention cobblers, any way better news on weather front. rain passing through plymouth friday night/sat morning turning to showers pm. only 7 degrees on sunday, best stock up with they ginsters i guess to keep warm. floreat salopia.

i see shrewsbury missed out again on city status. still being englands premier town will do me

14. Matster

Forum Moderator

Next you'll be saying put the jam on 'top' of the cream in a scone <laugh>

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Don't start Matster. This has been friendly up to now but things like that can cause a war.

16. Matster

Forum Moderator

Lesson learned <peacedove>

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I see you have a little sort of logo at the bottom of each post you make ref Rovers. Trust me it's not a lot of comfort, we beat them at their's as well so they are quite easily impressed.

How many do you think will turn up from your lot on Saturday then? Can't remember who it was but the least we had in the away end was the content of a moped and sidecar combo.

18. Matster

Forum Moderator

We usually have quite a good away following. Could be 400-500 plus, might well be more. It is quite a distance down though, but I think quite,a few fans want to tick off the ground!

19. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Yeah, come to Home Park while we are still in the League......

:emoticon-0106-cryin: :steam: :headbang: <wah> :emoticon-0106-cryin <wah>

20. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I would take the punt at 3-2, Shrews to be 2 up by half time. With a storming performance in the second half from Argyle to take all the points. COYG!