1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Plymouth Argyle v Sunderland - Saturday 3rd November - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Nov 1, 2018.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Nov 3, 2018.
  1. Home win

11.1%
  2. Away win

77.8%
  3. Draw

11.1%
  1. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

Keep sooking on those sour grapes.....,

Bart

2. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Rarely in the history of this forum have I read such utter bollocks..

marcusblackcat likes this.
  3. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Amazing how one win brings them out of the woodwork!! See ya later

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm sure you have MrRAWhite and if you haven't then you don't read posts much.

I have read umpteen posts about Refs almost weekly on your board. I often have a look around to see what's being said and your board is no exception to the Ref complaint league. Well today you had one who gave you everything you could wish for. You can call that bollox all you want but I saw it first hand. Sorry if that offends but I'm not going to change history just because it might do. There was no offence meant just reporting as seen. I'm sure your travelling faithful will have a view on it when they finally get home even if I suspect it will be a tad red and white in the making. It doesn't matter anyway as you have banked the points and nothing is going to change now. Good atmosphere today and your crowd definately helped in making that.

5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

If there's one thing I've learnt about football it's that every set of fans thinks the ref was against them, it's just human nature. Every game I go to according to the people around me is a farce orchestrated by a dodgy ref. You're not unique in that viewpoint.

Let's face it you got beaten by a better team. That's the truth of it.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  6. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

We have dodgy refs mate this season. We rode our luck and Plymouth pummled us but our new goal keeper Monty in the making ! saved us this man is our saviour, he is becoming our greatest goalkeeper in our history, when you think we had Laurel and hardy in goal for us last season, Stewart/Jack DO NOT sell any of our players mate. In mcgeady we have the best Midfielder in this division but every player is great in our team.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Agree your keeper was top notch and definately MOM for you.

Charley Farley likes this.
  8. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

Confucius he say man who has squint eye also has hand on c**k

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  9. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

You talking bout squint eye or Monty?

10. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

I’ve watched the replay of the penalty decision about 5 times and it oooks nailed on to me. Can’t see how clattering someone like that isn’t a penalty.You say McGeouch should’ve been booked again. That, to me and from watched no the match, sounds like a typical “every foul is a booking after you’re booked”. He committed 1 yellow offence and other nothing fouls. I saw one which some refs would’ve given to you but others wouldn’t but no stonewallers. As Nacho says, every team has awful refs. We played better than you and won as we are a better side. That’s the crux of the matter

11. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Not having a go Greeny but all fans think it's the Refs fault when you get beat and we are no exceptions to that view.
    I posted prior to the match that we would find out how good Catts is and how we might miss him yesterday.
    the result suggests we did ok and from what I've heard George Honeyman seemed to fill the gap admirably.
    looking forward to a break from the league with two cup games coming up and Jack having the chance to swap things round a bit.
    Good weekend all round.

12. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

If you want a totally unbiased view of the game then go onto the ALS website and see what the Plymouth manager Derek Adams had to say about the game and us as a team.
    Plymouth were the better side.
    Plymouth had the better chances.
    The Ref have us a soft penalty and denied them two..

Southend were the better team last week.
    Southend had better chances than us
    Were riding our luck at the moment and on and on and on.
    Oh and we've got more money than anyone else in the league blah blah.
    Ross should keep his comments and pin them up on the dressing room wall when we play Argyle in March, team talk done Jack.
    Sorry I don't know how to paste the interview from ALS.

Nads, Sunderlad and smithy in nl like this.
  13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We are used to Derek Adams talking bollox cumbrianmakem so not many take any notice these days. He even blamed fans for the team losing during our not so good spell because they criticised. Bit hard to be happy when you've lost another one and are bottom. Somehow that's lost on him.

I give an honest opinion as I have seen it worts and all so I wouldn't agree to being branded a green tint particularly. I don't think Sunderland were 2 goals better than Argyle yesterday and we played pretty well for long periods and you were struggling to contain. Your goal led a charmed life at times where the ball just wouldn't go in if your keeper wasn't stopping it. You are though a decent side and I have no doubt you will go up this season probably as Champions as the season goes on. You have the resources to reinforce in January where necessary which a lot of others don't. Not much to tweek however. Read some of my posts on the Argyle board on matchdays and you will see that when we are crap I say we are crap. No point in kidding yourselves is there. There is never any intention to wind up opposition clubs just giving an opinion which is there to be shot at if you don't agree. Never take anything personally myself.

Not sure what footage any of you have seen with the nailed on comments being verified because I haven't seen any anywhere. My fellow posters were complaining they can't find any either and the usual Sky/ Beeb footage as usual never shows anything other than the goal. I'm still convinced we had two great shouts waved away and the Ref couldn't wait to give your penalty. We will beg to differ on that one then.

14. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

@sensiblegreeny where is that not a penalty? He clattered him it was high, it was dangerous. He didn’t get the ball at any point it was a dangerous challenge which took O’Nien above the shin pad!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Nads likes this.
  15. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I haven't seen Plymouth's penalty shouts but that's as clear a penalty as you could see, would have been shocking refereeing not to give it.

16. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Certainly looked a pen from that angle

17. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

18. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

Agreed ....definitely a penalty, that said, I haven't seen their appeals..

19. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

I can’t work out how even the most rose tinted specs could say that wasn’t a penalty. If you watch our highlights, O,Nien shifts the ball and the defender cleans him out. We had Power sent off for less of a foul early in the season and none of us thought it wasn’t a foul!!

20. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Just watched the highlights did it not show their shouts for two penalties or did I miss them?