1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Playoff Semi-final 2 | Leeds v Norwich | Elland Road | Thu 20:00

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Hairy Mary Quite Canary, May 15, 2024.

?

Who's going to Wembley?

Poll closed May 17, 2024.
  1. Leeds

40.0%
  2. Norwich

30.0%
  3. Reading

30.0%
  1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Posted this on the Arrivals/Departures thread:

Presumably it will be announced soon but the club could be more professional about this. I have mixed feelings about this and there will be a lot of pressure on his replacement to reach the playoffs again. Assuming this means a rebuild and a younger squad I have my doubts that this will happen given the end of parachute payments but we have to hope it works.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  2. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

It's the best possible time

3. NorthCityCanary

NorthCityCanary Active Member

Well that was a rather meek way to exit the play-offs, not sure any of the players can hold their heads up after that carbuncle. Can't tell whether it was down to our former manager's tactical request or how weak minded and submissive our players actually are under pressure.
    Frankly, though the result shouldn't have come as a surprise, given the team's atrocious away form throughout the season, we've relied on home form and other team's (Coventry & Hull) end of season poor form to get us to the play-offs

On the plus side it hopefully allows Knapper to get rid of some of the overpaid, overhyped playing staff we've accumulated over the past few seasons and start afresh with lower league talents.

4. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

And our own youth NCC. Welch, Hills, Adeboyega, Kamara, Lima.

5. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed in the few minutes I watched last night was how much faster Leeds were to the ball in every situation.Greater acceleration? Greater awareness? Greater anticipation? Greater endeavour? Or all of the above?

6. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

A bit late after all of the leaks, but confirmation has come at last:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/david-wagner-departs-norwich-city

My feelings are still mixed, but that's usually the case with a change in coach. We could make a bright new start with a new leader or we could go the way of Huddersfield after Wagner left. Interesting times and only time will tell.

7. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

He should have been.

Canary Rob and RiverEndRick like this.
  8. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

As soon as I turned it on a few mins later I knew we were going to lose, as you say we just seemed sluggish. I have noticed that as a feature this season, within about 5 mins of watching any given game you could tell if we were going to win as to how we were reacting. There was perhaps one moment when we have the opportunity to change that and it was when 1V1 Sargent's shot was saved brilliantly by their keeper. If that went in we would have had a chance, as soon as it was saved there was no chance. Some games this season Norwich have been fast, reacting, anticipating and others (usually away games) we just seem devoid of energy. Is that a fear of defeat? Is that a motivation issue? Is it a tiredness from the training or preparation? I don't know, but glad I am not the only one to notice it.