1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Playoff Semi-final 1 | Norwich v Leeds | Carrow Road | Sun 12:00

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Hairy Mary Quite Canary, May 9, 2024.

?

Who will take a lead into the 2nd leg?

Poll closed May 13, 2024.
  1. Norwich

50.0%
  2. Leeds

14.3%
  3. Reading

14.3%
  4. Neither

21.4%
  1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with lighting the blue touchpaper, that's what a forum is all about and you are an important part of that. Many of the points you raise are difficult to objectify, but as regards your claim that there was a lack of dominating wins, there was the 4-0 win at Huddersfield in spite of Sargent going off injured after scoring the first goal, then 4-1 against Cardiff, 5-0 against Rotherham and 3-0 at Stoke (16 goals for, 1 against).

You and others speak about this Knapper vision of the future after Wagner is gone but from what the owners have said, a change in head coach is not what they see as the answer. My guess is that the Knapper's vision has more to do with building the squad around young players developed in the academy rather than forking out for expensive players. We have the seeds of that in Kamara, Aboh, Adegboyega, Warner, Welch, Lima and Montóia, but that won't happen overnight. This is more probably the first year of another 6 year project built around those and other young players rather than a change of coach and starting all over again from scratch. That's my guess anyway.

Last edited: May 13, 2024
    1950canary and carrowcanario like this.
  2. RiverEndRick

I read that it was a broken bottle but stupid and pointless all the same and hopefully a lifetime ban will follow.

Canary Rob and Bure budgie like this.
  3. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Yeah shouting abusive chants about deaths abroad is not our club’s style and I hope the perpetrator is swiftly arrested.

Anyway, I struggle to believe anyone left the match at half-time based on the quality of the football. It was 0-0!

4. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

We are 0-0 after the 1st leg with everything to play for & the Doom mongers are back .

There weren't hundreds of Norwich supporters leaving at half time what absolute nonsense

5. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Given we are away I reckon we have a roughly one in three chance of making it to the final.

6. Canary Rob

Sky Bet gives us 11/4 (c.26%) to win the tie, so allowing for the house’s cut, they reckon we’ve got c.23% chance of making the final based on bets placed.

7. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

I believe it was retribution for previous events unconnected to Norwich. Galatasery has been mentioned.

8. DUNCAN DONUTS

9. Canary Rob

So we hope for it staying 0-0 until a late winner from van Hooijdonk.

Because I fear if we go behind at Elland Road it may end up being a hammering.

Equally, though, if we could get an early goal I can see the Leeds crowd making their team incredibly nervous - given how much abuse they give their goalkeeper he is clearly prone to panic now.

SuffolkCanary likes this.
  10. DUNCAN DONUTS

I'm guessing ultra cautious counter attacking .

Sara Sainz Rowe & Sargent have all proven to be able to pull off something special.

11. RiverEndRick

The first goal will be crucial. If we are clinical and put away one of the few chances we get we could defend and counterattack, which is our best chance. If Leeds score first it becomes a huge task for us to try to score without being exposed at the back (thus the potential hammering). I'm expecting the worst on this one as we produced so little in the home leg.

12. DUNCAN DONUTS

Barnes returning with his hold up play & **** housery would be helpful

13. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Just been on the Leeds Match Day Thread.

There is a real worry about their goalkeeper with the fans.

Could be their weak link.
    Let's hope we can take advantage of this.

Canary Rob and RiverEndRick like this.
  14. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

One of the 2 arrested at the scene was a 50 yr old who had a 3 year banning order, along with a few others in 2010, for chanting at a group of Leeds fans about Galatasary. He obviously got up to his tricks again on Sunday, he was asked by one of ours, a 60 Yr old, why he thought it was a good idea to be chanting such a thing, then apparently 2 teenagers he was with, 1 hit the fella with a can of Red Bull, which split open his chin, the other, who was arrested last night, stabbed him, with yet an unknown item, to the throat, a witness apparently said it was another can, that had been tore open and he used the jagged part of that.
    Unfortunately there is a lot of talk of retribution on one of our less than friendly forums and it's being fueled by some comments on one of yours, They have a thread titled Nowich v The Yorkshire ' Galatasary' and it's not just the odd 1 or 2 saying it, please fellas, if any of you are going Thursday be real careful.

SuffolkCanary and RiverEndRick like this.
  15. DUNCAN DONUTS

Norwich aren't really known for football hooliganism or violence.

It's disgusting that the Leeds fan got attacked by some lowlife scumbag hopefully the criminals get charged & banned from matches.
    They may not have even been to the match just a couple of random arseholes .

This isn't some kind of tit for tat 80s style bullshit & hopefully the 99,9% normal Norwich fans won't get attacked in Leeds on Thursday for the actions of a couple of ****s.

Canary Rob, SuffolkCanary and Gessa like this.
  16. Canary Rob

I wouldn’t at all be surprised to find out this criminal who did it on Saturday wasn’t a Norwich fan, but instead someone from a Leeds rival who was pretending

We’ve not had an incident like that in years and it is an odd one to have now, at random

EDIT - I see this guy had a ban on 2010 for doing something stupid at a match against… Leeds. He’s obviously a complete twat who should probably be in prison

Last edited: May 14, 2024
  17. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member