1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Players with contracts expring...who should we target?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Scottswan, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Doey

Doey Member

I'm actually excited at the prospect of what Brendan could do with a bit of cash. We all know the budget won't be HUGE, but at the same time I think Brendan has faith that our players will step up to the plate and hold their own in the Prem.

I'm genuinely excited by the transfer window as much as the regular season I think. Might be a bit sad, but I love the speculation and hype!

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Gendross nice try, but do try and keep up tart! ............................
    please log in to view this image

3. JackLifeLynch

JackLifeLynch Member

HA that would be great - been watching him the end of the season and think he would fit in with our smile, i still like the thought of Emnes even if he was a back up seeing as he can also play on the wing. I do feel it would be good to have another winger just in case we get injuries as Dyer and Sinclair have been pivotal players for us this season and we don't have a back up to thier style. What about Obinna/N'Zogbia haha unlikely i know because of the finance but that would be great!

How much you reckon Swansea will fork out on transfers?

4. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

Obinna and Gilks if dorus does not resign

5. swainseye

swainseye Member

As I think Dragon said on another thread, we should`nt go spend, spend, spend just for the sake of it. Luckily we`ve got Ebenezer who`s got one hand on the money-box and it`s chained to his other hand.:emoticon-0116-evilg

6. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Two players stand out for me who share a team & a name . Michael Owen Hargraves . Hargraves has lots of unrealized potential & Owen will want a final year or two that he actually plays a bit & may except less money to play regular . It's a bit out there but I'd grab them both if it was financially practical .

7. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

Nice thought, but they would never take the wages we would offer, there's bound to be other Premier League teams willing to offer WAAYYYY more than us :(

Also, I don't think those are the sort of player Rodgers is after - Young & hungry only methinks

8. Goodland

Goodland Member

Going for Graham is more than I thought we would do - a £3m bid! I thought we would be shopping in the bargain basement!

I would suggest: D.Graham as our first choice striker, Mikail-Smith, Eidur Gudjohnsen (can cover Dobbie as well) and Eames (can cover the wingers).

I would get a hold of Neil Danns - had a wobble with form but is a good player.

Maybe Danny ****tu might be a good option as a centre half... or (controversial) Danny Gabbidon - who could also cover left back.

9. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Owen has signed a new contract with Manyoo, so even in the event we stood a chance that aint happening!

To be honest, I´m expecting a big lump of a Spanish or Dutch striker. Good technique is a must, and they must be able to link play as well as score goals, even more so now we´re going to be up against better opposition.

Moore could be a dark horse, as could Kemy Augustien, I think. The former has shown good technique, and the only recurring theme fans seem to dislike is a lack of work rate. Maybe if he takes that to heart we might see a lot more goals out of the boy...

10. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Moore and Kemy are quality. For differing reasons they have to embrace the team ethic to be effective. If they max out their ability, which they might do playing in the Premiership, we would have two very good players for the squad.

I suspect though that Buck might well pluck one or two quality loan signings out of the hat; maybe even from Real Madrid as well as Chelsea etc. Jose would be much more inclined to lend players to a team that would give his loanees top class Premiership experience.

11. Papa_Shango

Papa_Shango Member

You need to spend about £200 million just to get 10 points, worst squad we've ever seen in the English top flight.

12. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Go away.

13. Papa_Shango

Papa_Shango Member

Craigh Beattie will terrorise defences!! Scott Sinclair has already failed in our top flight.

14. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Haha. "Our" top flight. I changed my mind, don´t go away... you´re so obnoxious it´s funny.

Show me something official where it says "EPL" or anything else to do with it being the English Premier League, and I´ll give you some shiny brass buttons to play with.

15. Papa_Shango

Papa_Shango Member

erm..... do I really need to spell it out..... you should not be allowed in our league unless your joke of a national team is disbanded.

16. beppeswan

beppeswan Active Member

Papa what are you babbling on about we were relegation material last year all year we had were the experts saying we would fall away yet we made them all choke on their words with our refreshing style of play, ok there is a massive gulf to bridge between prem football and championship but we were not playing as a championship club with our style of play so keep your stupid comments coming as we jacks thrive on them, then we can mock you later on in the season.

STID

17. beppeswan

beppeswan Active Member

Papa what are you babbling on about we were relegation material last year all year we had were the experts saying we would fall away yet we made them all choke on their words with our refreshing style of play, ok there is a massive gulf to bridge between prem football and championship but we were not playing as a championship club with our style of play so keep your stupid comments coming as we jacks thrive on them, then we can mock you later on in the season.

STID

18. Nottage Jack

Nottage Jack Member

I agree with Ivor a few messages above. We desperately need to shore up our ability to defend in set pieces in the premiership. Having players of the height of leon on the far post is not the best option when defending set pieces. Not having a go at Leon as he is my favorite player (along with Devries , Tate , Dyer , Joe , Monk , Rangel , Taylor , Williams , Gower , Dobbie , Pratley , Borini ,,,,,,oh dear! must leave it up to our manager...in Buck we trust)

Another outside of the box thought already stated above was 'Burke'. I thought he was a square peg in a round hole at cardiff as he was definiately a 'swansea' type of player, and in my opinion we need back up for our two wonder wingers. I think Burke has already signed to someone though? (sorry , not been keeping up to date with all things cardiff as it is just too painful to go onto their boards to find out information...lol).

STID (oh and PS to Papa watsizname ...wdyjfo)

19. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

We could do a lot lot worse than signing both Burke and Bothroyd... whether they´d be willing to take the abuse that would no doubt come with that kind of transfer remains to be seen, but we know Huw made a cheeky bid for Jay a year or so ago. They´d both be perfect for our system in my opinion, and are both available for free, which makes me think we must be at least looking at them!

Only stumbling block could possibly be Bothroyds wages, he was probably on a lot more than we´d be willing to give him at Cardiff, and that was when he was playing for a Championship club!

20. jackofdreambeach

Marcus Hannemann would be ideal keeper signing - he's been released by Wolves.

Danny Graham looks a good character as well as a scorching striker - would fit with the honest , humble, happy group we have....and a Bren Rodgers link

Simon Cox - as above

Huth type defender and LuaLua , Kebe or Emnes as pacey competition to Dyer and Sinclair.

Danny Murphy available ? A wise premiership head in the middle also needed