1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Players on Loan

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Dan Burn took a hit this afternoon as Yeovil continued their winning run. But it could work to his advantage - quite bizarre:

Yeovil Town secured their third win in a row this afternoon, as they beat Stevenage at Broadhall Way. Second half goals from Sam Foley and James Hayter saw the Glovers remain in fourth place in the League One table, as they guaranteed a play-off place. Despite the late dismissal of Dan Burn for delaying the taking of a throw-in, Stevenage didn't show too many signs of getting back into the game, leading to a relatively comfortable win once the first goal went in.

The game was successfully closed out, although in the 90th minute we saw one of the most bizarre red cards that you'll ever witness. Dan Burn, already on a yellow card, picked up the ball for a throw-in, and then dithered and dithered, until referee James Linington decided that he was witnessing some timewasting. Up went a second yellow card, and Burn had to walk off the pitch, leaving Yeovil Town down to ten men. A possible advantage though, was that the dismissal actually benefited Burn - reducing what would have been a two match ban for ten yellow cards down to a one match ban for a sending off - such are the complexities of the FA's disciplinary system.

Source: http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=19309

2. Cottager58

3. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

4. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I just saw him post on FB, he sounds happy! Good news definitely.

5. Cottager58

Not sure if this is because Duff's injury is worse than anticipated (out for the season?). Or whether Jol realises that his team selection v Chelsea was wrong and he needs better options.

6. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

I was only thinking last night that it may have been useful to have Kaca for the game and on returning home I looked to see on Burnley forums how he was getting on. It seemed to me they did not take to him.

I thought he was beginning to get an understanding with Berba although I do remember him getting a real blast from Berba in one game, then again who doesn't get a blast from Berba now and again.

I think it's good news. He is a decent player.

7. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

He went right off the boil just before he went out on loan, hopefully he's over that and will start looking as good as he was at the beginning of the season.

8. Cottager58

Unlucky blow for Dan Burn -

Yeovil Town's on-loan defender Dan Burn could miss the League One play-off semi-final because of injury. The 20-year-old suffered an ankle problem in last Saturday's 2-0 win over Stevenage, a result which guaranteed the Glovers a top-six finish.

He was then sent off in the final minutes of the game, which earned him a two-match ban, and has now returned to parent club Fulham for treatment.

The Yeovil manager commented, ""It's a bit of a blow to come at this time of the season but we shall just have to cross our fingers that Dan is a quick healer."

Source: http://www.ytfc.net/news/article/burn-injury180413-779981.aspx

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

physioroom.com has Duff out for this weekend but fit again for the Everton game. Let's hope they're right.

10. Cottager58

Yeovil have high hopes for the return of Dan, their Young Footballer of the Year

Yeovil Town manager Gary Johnson has said that keeping central defender Dan Burn at his parent club whilst he recovers from ankle ligament damage will give him the best chance possible of playing some part in the League One play-offs. The Fulham loanee suffered an injury in a recent away match against Stevenage, and although he had already picked up a two match suspension during that game, the problem would have kept him out of the last two games anway.

Burn returned to Craven Cottage to get his treatment from Fulham's medical staff, and speaking to BBC Somerset this week, Gary believes the player is getting a level of rehabilitation that he could never have got at Huish Park:

"Dan Burn is getting Premier League treatment at Fulham. He wouldn't get it here! But they've got all of the proper equipment that a Premier League club has. So he's got much more of a chance being rehabilitated at Fulham. So he's down there, and he's desperate to play in the play-offs. Fulham want him to play in the play-offs, and that's good news for us. They're doing all they can to make sure that he's fit."

Since arriving at the club last September, Burn has been a regular in the Yeovil Town starting line-up, having notched up 38 appearances for the club - all as starts. Having previously only experienced first team football with Darlington, that's been a big leap for him in his aims to ultimately break into his parent club's first team. Johnson felt that it was unfortunate timing that having been such a prominent part of Yeovil's success this season that he was in danger of missing the best bit:

"He was very unlucky. It was the third from last game of the season, when he took his knock at Stevenage. Yet he'd played all season. He'd played very well and he got our Young Player of the Year. So the fans took to him, and he's taken to the club, to us and our tactics. Fulham have been very happy with the whole situation. So of course when you come to the end of the season you want to see it through. To play in the play-offs, and maybe a Wembley Final is fantastic for a 19 or 20 year old."

Source: http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=19380

11. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Brilliant stuff and a great gesture from the club to try and get him back to full fitness quickly so he can help Yeovil's promotion push.

12. Cottager58

13. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Yes. I saw. I don't expect him to be getting their player of the year trophy somehow. Lot of pressure on a young lad though, to be fair.

14. Fulhaman

Wow. Just listened to an interview with Uwe Rossler and Trotta wasn't the person who he had specified should take the penalty. It was supposed to be Kevin O'Connor. How popular is Marcelo going to be with his manager and team mates this evening.

15. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

If he's anything like Jol, a £500 fine should be on the way <laugh>

16. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Was it a case of Trotta grabbing the ball, or was it a case of O'Connor bottling it and giving it to Trotta ?

17. Cottager58

According to the papers;

Source: http://www.london24.com/sport/rosler_trotta_was_not_my_first_choice_penalty_taker_1_2171101

18. Fulhaman

Well, if this is the sort of attitude he brings the I don't honestly think we need him. He can do that at Brentford and I care not a jot but if he started costing us points with wilful displays of being the big "I Am" then the quicker we move him on the better.

19. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

I as many of you know waxed lyrical about Trotta some 2yrs ago,then petulance and
    lazyness crept in,i for one would not mind if he was moved on in the summer.

20. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

I as many of you know waxed lyrical about Trotta some 2yrs ago,then petulance and
    lazyness crept in,i for one would not mind if he was moved on in the summer.