1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Player Sales in the Summer

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by De Kuip 02, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De Kuip 02

De Kuip 02 Member

Anyone notice this 'slip' by derek this morning;

""We need to bring in a striker in January, we will need replacements in the summer and we need to give ourselves as much as possible."

So they have plans to sell in summer then? Sure theres a couple of players out of contract (Smith, Lovenkrands) but surely they can be replaced by younger players.

2. ThrillerinAsprilla

ThrillerinAsprilla Active Member

I think you are reading to much into it

3. Colly NUFC

Colly NUFC Active Member

This.

4. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Guest

Well Smith is leaving, I can see Perch being sold to someone like Derby, we'll probably release a few Youth Players that wont cut it, most likely outcome.

5. Mod Face

Mod Face Well-Known Member

I'm not at all alarmed by this. Lovenkrands, Smith, Ranger, possibly Kadar etc.

We need a couple more bodies in if we have hopes of European football. As much as we know he's ****e, Alan Smith is a high profile player and as such, the board will be wanting a replacement for him.

6. biggeordiedave

biggeordiedave Active Member

I always knew there was something nasty waiting around the corner. I'll admit I thought the same as the OP when I read it.

7. Jock McMagpie

Jock McMagpie Active Member

Refering to Loven,Smith,Ranger and probably Simpson in my opinion. Thats not saying bigger players might not go, that purely depends on how we do this season!!

8. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

this as we have 3 or 4 players whose contracts are up in the summer add in ranger and i think you'll find we need to strengthen our sqaud

for ****s sake will everyone stop having major knee jerk reactions to things and looking on the doom and gloom side of life :)we're 3rd in the table and unbeaten that is the important fact and all the other clubs fans taking the piss ....think on it'll be happening to your club soon 10m+ a year revenue which club will turn that sort of investment down?

9. Colly NUFC

Colly NUFC Active Member

Besides which I've been quite happy with our 'replacements' thus far.

10. NufcBano

NufcBano Active Member

Cabaye will go, replaced by Guthrie. Some nice net profit their.

Cheik as well obviously. Replaced by a DM from France something, some nice profit their.

and............

:D

11. Why aye Cabaye

Why aye Cabaye Active Member

There's player 'turnover' in every transfer window. Nothing out of the ordinary. Others have said it, the likes of Lovenkrands, Ranger, Smith etc will need replaced.

12. De Kuip 02

De Kuip 02 Member

I think many fans will be very sceptical where DL and MA are concerned. Lets face it they've give us plenty reasons to be.

Also the fact that interviews etc are so rare with the hierarchy every word will be scrutinised.

13. Why aye Cabaye

Why aye Cabaye Active Member

"I would hope it would generate between £8 million and £10 million a year. That would give us another player".

Nobody is reading into that that we're going to go out and spend £10m on one player.

14. Ameobi's Apprentice

Ameobi's Apprentice Active Member

If anything, we should be buying a couple of players, top-quality ones infact. The club should pounce on our current form by strengthening the team/squad, not selling our best players, but like most, i tend to think Ashley and co aren't that stupid. ( They've me wrong about that on numerous occasions though )

Hopefully we're going to get rid of the players that we no longer need. Shame if Perch goes though, the shrine i built will have to be destroyed.

15. Ever seen a mackem in Milan

The bit in bold is key... there will not be any money unless there is actually any company will to put their name to it and I can't see it happening. So no money and just a few years of more free advertising for everyone's favourite sports clothing store! <doh>

16. De Kuip 02

De Kuip 02 Member

Spot on, As i've said on another thread it'll be Sports Direct Arena till the day they **** off....

17. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

Smith, Ranger, Lovenkrands, Perch & Simpson maybe? If they get rid of them and bring in the quality of player we brought in last window we'll be mint.
    In Carr we trust.

18. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

Nail head moment

19. tommytoonAA

tommytoonAA Active Member

Think how much we're in the news now though and how much exposure the club has had to the media this season. IF (and it is an "if") we can follow through on the good start we've had and finish top 8 then there will be even more exposure and that also means exposure for the new sponsors whomever they may be. Especially if it looks like there might be a chance of European football in the upcoming years.

I can't see why they (MA and DL) wouldn't get a fair few offers.

20. holystone

holystone Active Member

And Smith replaced by no-0ne!............there's £4m saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.