1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Player Retain List/New Contracts/Summer Signings

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, May 3, 2018.

1. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Didn't we get him from Posh ? perhaps he might feel that he has something to show them and bang in the leagues first hat trick of the season..........:emoticon-0139-bow:

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I'll have whatever you just had <laugh>

Delsy likes this.
  3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

If Nichols plays like he did against them at the Mem last season he wont score he was playing against the club that didn't want him and he TRIED TO HARD and they knew his every move, if he relaxes and people get off his back then he will I believe score goals, in saying people get off his back that is not a dig at any one on here but last season I heard several comments like What the ---- doing on the pitch and the such and guy was in feet of the person who made the comments and that isn't going to do his confidence any good

4. old timer

See us linked with 3 different strikers Healey / Cardiff, Bakayoko / Walsall Green / Mansfield ??

5. old timer

I was accused of being negative on the forum but I still believe we need a LB CD or 2 as well as 2 strikers.

4 or 5 of the goals we have conceded in the last 2 games have been from crosses. if we cant defend crosses then we are going to be in serious trouble. We need some real height in the middle of the defence so we can get a defender on the end of some of the crosses into our box and get them cleared

6. old timer

Bristol rovers have confirmed that Walsall striker Amadou Bakayoko has signed, he is expected to be unveiled on Monday. A delay in him being able to have is medical caused the delay
    9 goals in 47 appearances last season

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Stollie likes this.
  7. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Apart from a couple of decent goals, Posh didn't get much of a sniff. I think Matthews should start, and once Bakayoko's up an running things will be pretty good.

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I dont want to come across as negative here. Its great we finally have a big number 9 coming in but I was hoping for better to be honest. I am not writing him off before anyone says and this could be the signing of the season for all I know. He could thrive here with the squad we have. But looking at his scoring record, I cant see him getting double figures this season. And Walsall fans think of him worse than what we think of Nichols. They cant believe they are getting a fee for him. The squad as it is will struggle as lacks firepower. Now add another striker to the squad who also lacks firepower. We are still going to struggle. I hope I am wrong and this ends up being a great signing. I will still support the guy of course but I cant help but think we could find better.

9. old timer

9 in 47 doesn't breed confidence does it, but with 2 wingers putting crosses in he might pleasantly surprise us and get a netful of goals he might on the other hand get knock downs for Nicholls, Reilly or Mensah, so while his total might not be great the others might just 15 - 20 goals each this season

10. Gastronomic

11. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

I've already said elsewhere that I agree with OT's views here.
    I don't get to as many games these days as when I wouldn't miss any pro game in Bristol for almost anything! So shoot me down if you feel my judgement is wrong.
    I am at a loss to understand why DC doesn't play Broadbent more often. The guy is well over six feet and every time I see bits of his play, he seems to tick the right boxes. Defensive headers don't require the same accuracy as attacking ones, other than the obvious. He won't improve sitting on the bench and we clearly need to fit him in to our defensive squad. Just my opinion.

12. Gastronomic

I would play Broadbent and Matthews, and I'm sure we'll be singing the praises of the lads in a few weeks.

13. Gastronomic

Looks as though Bakayoko may have pulled out of signing for us and is in talks with Coventry, who are willing to pay £200k.

14. Gastronomic

Is Nuttall still signing, or is **** all signing now?

15. years ago

years ago Active Member

We may have had alucky escape, difficult to see without a big man but the fact that we were gazumped may seem bad luck. If a club makes agreement and then does not follow through with confirmation to me I hope they sink into negativity. The player has a small excuse in that he lives in the BRUM area so no need to change homes but if he is the cause of Rovers not getting him in that he decided to stay in his area against coming to Bristol then he is most likely not a potential loyal member of our squad
    I will get on my knees tonight and hope that Daryl has another string for his bow

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  16. Gastronomic

DC's not keen on these players/agents that hold the club to ransom anyway. We need players who are here for the right reasons. I'm sure DC will get someone decent, even if it is just a loan player. I hope it's Nuttall because he's decent.

17. Gastronomic

18. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

19. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

20. Gastronomic

Excellent signing!

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.