1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Player on the move in Jan...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by BoomBoomCheickCheickTheRoom, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Member

Id have thought Cahill or Hoilett for this one.

Assuming its one of the big named stars anyways. A lot of this kind of talk, ends up being someone insignificant.

He mentions 'similar to the above', heading for a 'bigger' club furhter down the line, so id immediately rule out Colo. Probbaly Simpson as well.

P.s. Its obviously Perch though.

2. Jarramag88

Jarramag88 Well-Known Member

Can't see it being colo. he still has a bit of time on his hands with his current deal. He won't be able to talk to other clubs yet. Hoilet can though as his deal runs out in the summer. That's the way I see it any way.

3. Tomski

Tomski Active Member

Got Colo written all over it.

4. go go nile ranger

if these are quotes from an agent then it couldnt be colo, his agent is based in argentina and doesn't speak english which is one reason its moving so slowly, according to the local papers recently

could be simmo or any of a large number of other players whose contracts are running down

5. Jarramag88

He isn't at a stage where he is permitted to speak to other clubs yet. Can't be him

6. Cal.

Cal. Active Member

Unless it's a double bluff, he surely wouldn't use a hypothetical example from the club of the player he's representing?

7. BoomBoomCheickCheickTheRoom

I thought Colo at first but rejected it for this exact reason. His advisers are in Argentina so I don't think it is his agent. Most probably an English based player such as the ones mentioned in the article. My guess it Hoilett or Simpson.

8. NUFCaw

NUFCaw Active Member

If we've given him permission he can. I seriously doubt it's Colo though. he's playing his best football here, he's captain, his family (or kids atleast) are settled, he's well paid, we love him, he has mates here and personally I think he'd finish in Argentina or Spain once he can't hack it here any more.

9. Jarramag88

Can't see the club doing that. Hes not joey Barton.

10. NUFCaw

NUFCaw Active Member

I should have probably listed that in my reasons <ok>

11. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

12. Cal.

Cal. Active Member

Reading some of his old stuff. He's a Newcastle fan I think.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11979/7303737/Secret-agent

Combine that with the Cabaye hypothetical and the other North East reference in the most recent one, and his lack of mentions of any other players/clubs/areas directly in the last few weeks...

13. Sports Direct Username

'Personally, I'm working on three possible moves within the Premier League. One is for a player who is currently playing well in the top flight. His current club are desperate to keep him but with his contract up in the summer, he holds all the cards and is in no rush to make a decision. Bigger and better teams are already circling so there's plenty to weigh up. Unless they aggressively look to cash in now, it could be he leaves it until the summer before saying his final farewells.'

Seems to sound like Hoilett's agent. Is there any way to find out who his agent is and see who else he looks after?

14. GGW

GGW Well-Known Member

I'd say a good starting point would be to read all the comments in this thread <ok>

15. GeordieJesus

GeordieJesus Member

here man, coloccini is a ****ING GEORDIE, back OFF

16. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Guest

Not seen anyone else say this but, Guthrie?

17. I'm With Colo

I'm With Colo Active Member

After only a couple starts this season? I don't think he'd even be worth talking about -- he certainly doesn't get any national press.

18. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Guest

He's been exceptional this season and surely that has made a few people take notice. Especially when he's been filling in for Tiote of all people.

19. I'm With Colo

I'm With Colo Active Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound as if I was criticising his performance, because he has done a fantastic job filling in! I just meant that I don't think he's gotten the plaudits necessary to facilitate that anonymous story being written.

20. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Guest

Then again, it could end up the same as that premier league cocaine story where they make it sound bigger than it actually is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.