1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Play-Offs

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by philhythe, May 12, 2023.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I followed this one on the beeb football site. WOW!!! If you had been doing the betting thread on this one I don't believe anyone other than brb would have put a cent on Sheffield, That has to be the come back of the Century. They were undone in Fergie Time. Who'd have thought it.........

Ron likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When they went 2-0 up I had to watch it on TV. What a game. I felt like real Owls fan and was ecstatic when that 4th one went in (In the 98th min) and again when the 5th one went in .................. and again when the 5th straight penalty went in. So pleased for the fans and pleased to see that miserable git afterwards; had to have a moan about the 8 mins added. Didn't have the pleasure of seeing Fry's miserable face. Something else to bleat about

3. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Couldn't have happened to a nicer club than Sheff Wed

4. philhythe

& also that idiot from Peterborough who came on here & said we didn't deserve to be in the play-offs 4 seasons ago now

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Blimey phil don't hold a grudge..............

6. philhythe

That's what builds rivalery

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Colchester is a proper rival, although I had no involvement in its origin, I understand there is some sort of hatred based on a "punch up" at Loakes Park. I don't think Rocky liked Colchester much, and their fan Mike clearly hated us. But we haven't heard from him for a while. Can't think why <laugh>

Peterborough is different. Bitter and twisted Barry Fry and that miserable bitter manager who have never stopped bleating about the play off qualifications, even though Gareth wanted to play out the matches because we had hit form, had games in hand, and still with a chance of auto promotion. They even threatened to sue the EFL over our qualification. Yet, they managed to get their points deduction delayed, allowing them to get into this year's play offs. Nothing pleased me more than to see them squander a 4 goal lead and, of course, that bitter manager bleating about the 98th minute goal was icing on the cake. What goes around comes around

mowgli1960 likes this.
  8. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Salford beaten by Stockport The BBC will be awash with tears. <laugh><laugh><laugh>

9. philhythe

The play off worked out properly this time with Sheff Wed going up & finishing third

Ron likes this.