1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

play off's

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, May 15, 2019.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Could we have done any better against [ Villa ] / Derby, especially if we had 11 on the pitch!
    Will Bielsa beat the sack now that spygate means they play on a level playing field ….. they looked to heading for auto / winners? before that Derby fiasco … revenge they say is sweet

2. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

I know you shoudnt take pleasure,out of others misfortune but that could not have happened to a nicer club, all that remains is for derby to finish the job in the final.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Supcon72 likes this.
  3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

With WBA gone, I want Derby to go on and win it now. Not because I particularly like them - I don’t, but I particularly hate Villa and Leeds.
    (Although I like Tammy, Albert, Yannick and Ayling).

Come on you Rams (that hurt my fingers as I typed!!)

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I always liked Vile-a when I was younger, but their fans are so up their own arses I detest them now. I don’t like Derby because of this Frank Lampard’s Derby County rubbish.
    I want Derby to win, not because I prefer them but I can’t wait to see Vile-a get hammered by FFP. But in fairness I I read Derby could be as well. So this could be great watching the EFL **** themselves over who they’ve got to investigate.
    One thing is for certain. Leeds will still be on more Sky games next season over who gets to the Prem.

6. Red Squid

Red Squid Well-Known Member

I wasn't very happy that all four clubs were contesting the playoffs so in that sense it doesn't matter much to me who gets promoted. However, from a purely selfish point of view I hope Villa win promotion but only because Derby is an easy place for me to get to for an away game next season.

I have lost Sheffield Utd and Rotherham but gained Huddersfield, Fulham, Barnsley and possibly Doncaster so more potential games for me next season.

7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

City could not off lived with Leeds or Derby last night,fantastic game to watch brilliant for the championship.

8. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Not so sure about that........always up your game when it matters so much......remember the Palace game?!!!

Redprintt likes this.
  9. johngalleyfan2

WE HAVE SHOWN IN THE PAST WE CAN UP IT, AS DO MOST TEAMS..... so it would have been an interesting game v Leeds..
    the old adage of you need to hit the play off's running certainly was true this season final between 5th and 6th!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Many teams in the division could live with teams playing that open. Disciplined and tactical it was not.

11. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I wanted WBA to go up in the hope it would kill Villa when their parachute payments stop, I detest Leeds and Derby are not that far ahead of us so happy those 3 stayed down.
    Derby for me in the final!!

12. johngalleyfan2

I would love to see Derby win it ….. Chelsea has to make a decision over Tammy .. will he make the grade in the Prem or will they sell or put out on loan again? I cant see Tammy staying at Villa if in Champship next season … a lowly prem club or another top Championship club would be likely loan although it was failed season at Swansea because they didn't have the wherewithal to support him … we do! ….
    vILA could be in desperate straits next season if in the Championship …. FFP must be hovering around them? will be interesting to what they lose £ wise for the season....

A Portsmouth Charlton final would suit us! Charlton as opposed to Pompey for me

13. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I don’t mind WBA , the rest I can’t chose between them as i dislike them all for different reasons , Villa fans on the whole are arrogant, whilst the whole Lampard malarkey does my head in, personally I’m still sore we aren’t involved as I believe we are at least as good as any of them .

It also annoys me any financial issues aren’t looked into if teams go into the Premier League, and are often forgotten about once they return to the EFL, obviously some times cheats do prosper. As I believe both Villa and FLDC could fall foul of FFP it may make the final even more beneficial to win than normal.

14. johngalleyfan2

following the trend a couple of red cards maybe ….